0059 Desyncs [SOLVED]

Moderator: Hercanic

Hearst
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

0059 Desyncs [SOLVED]

Post by Hearst »

I'm glad you enjoyed reading my babble, perhaps I'll bring you more soon.  Actualy here's a question.  When is the game going to get working ai's?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when I was trying to play this on the shadowflare server with Omi, we were getting about 1.30 mins into the game and it would crash, it seemed to be a desync issue (omi pointed it out) so I was wondering what might casuing this/is it only us having this issue?
Last edited by Hercanic on Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

0059 Desyncs

Post by IskatuMesk »

If the game actually crashes then it's not a desync. A desync is when players are dropped.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

0059 Desyncs

Post by IskatuMesk »

Omi wrote:
IskatuMesk wrote:If the game actually crashes then it's not a desync. A desync is when players are dropped.
Actually, come to think of it, I haven't seen the game crash even a single time, yet.
Right. Let's just not get the terminology confused. Easier for people like me to help you out debug.

I know some exe edits can cause desyncing but I'm not a programmer, so I can't say what would be causing it. I assume it would have something to do with how it updates stuff, but p_q would be the one to talk to about it.
Hearst

0059 Desyncs

Post by Hearst »

Dread mentioned to me that he isn't having this desync issue, and I believe that he did a fresh install for STF, so perhaps a fresh install will fix this issue?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

0059 Desyncs

Post by Lavarinth »

I didn't have an issue in the one game I have played, either. And it is definitely not a fresh install.

Did you install via CD or Blizzard Downloader?
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Re: 0059 Desyncs

Post by Hercanic »

Dear DarkHearst:
The desyncing issue has been happening with many people, and we're working hard to figure out the reason. The first big challenge is isolating the cause.

No ETA on any custom AIs.
Hercanic

Re: 0059 Desyncs

Post by Hercanic »

Desync issue isolated and solved! Hotfix available within the News subforum above.