Riverwars, a new AOS map by me!

X
Terran Refinery Attendant

Riverwars, a new AOS map by me!

Post by X »

Hello folks, I know I haven't contributed much and just asked questions like some sort of leech. But I have something to contribute now! However it is still in the beginning stages and will need a lot of work to reach it's zenith, it is only the FIRST VERSION so be aware of that for this reason...I am looking for testers to test out the map so far and put together a list of problems with the map, if it requires a trigger of GUI or JASS please tell me HOW to fix it, because chances are I haven't fixed that problem already because I don't know how, I've learned alot but I still don't know everything. Here is the storyline

One of the four Dark Titans, Drathmos the Destroyer has come to the City of Anon' Ka to claim the key to an ancient power, opening a gateway to The Abyss, a planet in the Dark Beyond filled to the brim with a million screaming demons, not only that but he has recruited the Faceless Ones of N'Gah and the Scourge as well. In order to counter this threat Guardian Jaen has formed the Crimson Alliance, formed of elves, naga, and the warriors of the city. The pieces are in place, the war could turn either way...welcome to the killing grounds...

I won't list heroes right now because I haven't figured out all there skills and stories, I will post these later. (Also I can't figure out how to insert images in a post so you can see their icons...)

Also, too all testers, DON"T SCREW WITH THE MAP please! Unless there is something I want you to fix or screw with. The only thing I can think of is the skin for the lich, it shows up in the editor but does not show up in the game. I haven't a single clue as too why. So if you know fix please.

On another note, is there somewhere that could host my map for the testers?

Oh! I just remembered! If your interested in testing please post and say that you want to.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 31, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am X, I have seen countless worlds fall to great evils and their own foolishness, I have seen atrocities you cannot imagine, as well as things of incredible beauty of both the material world and of the spirit.
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Re: Riverwars, a new AOS map by me!

Post by Zilla- »

Upload it and I'll get bill or shadow or someone to test it with me.
X

Post by X »

Where do you upload?
I am X, I have seen countless worlds fall to great evils and their own foolishness, I have seen atrocities you cannot imagine, as well as things of incredible beauty of both the material world and of the spirit.
Zilla-

Post by Zilla- »

Ask staff here if you want to upload it here, or on filefront or whathaveyou.
X

Post by X »

Unfortunately, either i'm uploading it wrong or there is something wrong with the forums.
I went to the submissions subforum like lavarinth told me too, but when I  tried to post with the map attached to the post the thing finished loading and...sat there...doing nothing. It won't post there for some reason with the map attached to it so if i'm doing this wrong let me know.  :-\
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

well depending on your connection, it might take some time for it to actually upload.
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
X

Post by X »

Thank You warbringer for that particular informtion I suspected that was the problem, however several things have come to attention about my map and I must correct a few things so the map won't be uploaded AT ALL for a while.
Also I am currently experiementing with GUI and JASS to solve several of the problems as while I learned from a Dota Template I have no idea how to string several modes together at once.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X

Post by X »

Update: name changed from Riverwars to RoD(River of Destiny) The map is almost completed however I need someone to do JASS and GUI coding for custom spells to make the game more balanced and fun! The items are almost done but I also need a recipe system.
That and a protection program and this will very soon be ready.
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

You should post some screenshots to spark some interest.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

... and also to know more concretely know the quality of the map.

In addition, it would be interesting to know what would differentiate it from the many others AoS.

Otherwise, for all we know, it could be yet another 5th grade map that nobody would truly care to play longer than 20 minutes. Often AoS maps that tries to emulate DotA directly tend to fall flat since they will never have the same weight in the same strengths that DotA does.

However, if you want to get it tested by one of us, upload it to an external site (forget uploading to CC for the moment) and then send us a PM (Personnal Message) to Ricky_Honejasi and Zilla- with the download link.

I insist it to be a PM rather than posting it in this thread (although you can post it in your thread anyway) since we might completely forget about your thread later on while a PM will remind us to download and try your map. At that point, it's likely one of us will eventually try it.
X

Post by X »

Screenshots? Okay, I'll get some two you as soon as possible.
Ricky_Honejasi wrote: ... and also to know more concretely know the quality of the map.

In addition, it would be interesting to know what would differentiate it from the many others AoS.

Otherwise, for all we know, it could be yet another 5th grade map that nobody would truly care to play longer than 20 minutes. Often AoS maps that tries to emulate DotA directly tend to fall flat since they will never have the same weight in the same strengths that DotA does.

However, if you want to get it tested by one of us, upload it to an external site (forget uploading to CC for the moment) and then send us a PM (Personnal Message) to Ricky_Honejasi and Zilla- with the download link.

I insist it to be a PM rather than posting it in this thread (although you can post it in your thread anyway) since we might completely forget about your thread later on while a PM will remind us to download and try your map. At that point, it's likely one of us will eventually try it.

I can gurantee this won't be a 5th grader level map at all. It will require work and effort. I still need someone to do JASS becuase that will make it more fun and interesting. I can do a lot with regular ladder spells but diversity with those will only go so far. JASS spells would make it more interesting and fun overall.

Things different? Instead of having one base for each side theres three. Alliance:Naga Base, Crimson Base, and Elven Base. The Crimson Base has better defenses and has the main goal for the Abyss:The Crimson Citadel. However destroying one othe over bases can help very much overall. Same thing for Abyss. Also their are two main "commander heroes" that I hope to add a series of command abilities too that allow them to manouver troops. That and they have an (unlevelable) aura that boosts all allied units damage. If they die until they are revived the army is "Demorilized" and loses attack damage.

That and two trebuchets to bombard enemies.
A unique layout.
You go fight hard creep "bosses" that reward the victor powerful artifacts (not that powerful, handy but not uber).
Any suggestions on what you want to see in my map will be appreciated and if they are reasonable I will implement them.
And I am not trying to emulate Dota at all.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Shadowsouled wrote:And I am not trying to emulate Dota at all.
Good. At least you try to implement features that could be unique rather than being a copycat. That already raise some interest.

As for JASS, if you can't do it (especially if it's for brand new spells), I strongly suggest you do everything you can without it. The reality is you will have limited external help (other than advice and some help to fix a specific problem or two) until you actually finish the map.
X

Post by X »

Okay, thank you very much. In that case I will use regular (If inventive) spells and try to makit as unique as possible. I am still learning JASS and the map will improve over time.

Hopefully screenshots coming soon.
Grandma
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by Grandma »

Shadowsouled wrote: Okay, thank you very much. In that case I will use regular (If inventive) spells and try to makit as unique as possible. I am still learning JASS and the map will improve over time.

Hopefully screenshots coming soon.
Open up the blizzard halloween candy map, since it's an AoS and has some jass stuff in it. See if you can rip a couple things off that, and learn in the process. Blizzard maps (custom and campaign) are what I learned how to trigger/jass from.
Hello, mother leopard.
I have your cub.
You must protect her,
But that will be expensive...
10,000 kola nuts,
Wrapped in brown paper...
Midnight, behind the box
I'll be the hyena, you'll see.
X

Post by X »

This project has been killed, it sucked, after playing DoE and AotZ a bunch I realized it would end up as a joke, instead I'm doing something far more unique