Didn't Get Your BlizzCon Tickets? Join the Lottery!

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Didn't Get Your BlizzCon Tickets? Join the Lottery!

Post by Lavarinth »

A recent  statement by Mike Morhaime of Blizzard has updated us with the current ticket situation relating to BlizzCon and it's status:

Blizzard Gamers,

On behalf of everyone at Blizzard, I want to apologize for the challenges and frustrations you experienced while trying to purchase BlizzCon tickets on Monday and Tuesday. BlizzCon is about the positive experiences you all have had with Blizzard games. As a result of this week's events, the excitement that many of you felt about the show has turned into dissatisfaction and disappointment.

Due to these circumstances, we've reevaluated our convention hall space and come up with some solutions that will allow us to offer 3,000 more tickets for sale. We know this will not be enough to satisfy the very high level of demand for tickets this year, but we want to ensure that BlizzCon remains a great experience for those of you who are able to attend. To avoid the issues many of you faced this week, we'll be selling these 3,000 via a lottery. We'll post further details once our plans are finalized. Please note that the lottery will only be open to those with an active Blizzard Account as of 9:00 PM PDT on August 12, the time that the "Sold Out" notice was posted.

I, and everyone else at Blizzard, share the frustration and disappointment that many of you have expressed as a result of this process. We'll do what it takes to avoid this type of situation in the future.

Sincerely,
Mike Morhaime

To those of you who were unable to secure your tickets for BlizzCon, prepare to keep yourself updated for more information on the upcoming BlizzCon Ticket Lottery.
Last edited by Lavarinth on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Re: Didn't Get Your BlizzCon Tickets? Join the Lottery!

Post by Marco »

You may lower your odds by .00001% by posting this.  Although actually, by posting this, if just one person signs up because of that post, it changes the entire outcome of the lottery.
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/anise.mp3]Anise McConnell[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/bryce.mp3]Bryce Littlefield[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/issac.mp3]Issac Rangel[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/tyson.mp3]Tyson Reznor[/url]

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Desler wrote: You may lower your odds by .00001% by posting this.  Although actually, by posting this, if just one person signs up because of that post, it changes the entire outcome of the lottery.
Eh, it's alright- It's news. I'm hoping I get lucky anyway.
- - Lavarinth
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

By posting it, he also increased the chance that a CCer might get a ticket, which in turn increases the chance we get some exclusive looks right here on the forum, if not by Lavvz himself. :)
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

me and BZ are in, so CC has more exclusive looks than you might think.  ::)
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Taeradun »

WB wrote: me and BZ are in, so CC has more exclusive looks than you might think.  ::)
lol
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

WB wrote: me and BZ are in, so CC has more exclusive looks than you might think.  ::)
Yeah.. But I also want to be there.. I've wanted to be at each one and for once I could afford to be there!
- - Lavarinth
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

BZ will report on Mac news, I don't have a Mac (though BZ is the bomb). :) so it falls down to you WB, live blogs, streams, the works, make it happen.
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog