Moderator: Milldawg

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

wat

Post by IskatuMesk »

Dear PayPal Online,

We regret to inform you, that we had to lock your PayPal Online Access
because we have reasons to believe that your account may have been compromised by outside
parties. In order to protect your sensitive information, we temporaly suspended your account.

To reactivate your account, click on the link below and confirm your identity by completing the
secure form what will appear.

https://www.paypal-security.us

We have seen unusual attempts for logging in regarding your personal account, therefore this
confirmation regarding your account its only for security reasons.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Have questions? Our online help screens provide answers to many frequently asked questions.
You can also click the Customer Center tab then go to the Contact Us page to find a list of helpful
numbers to call.

Please do not reply to this automatically generated e-mail.

We know you have a choice of banks. Thanks for choosing ours.

Sincerely, PayPal Team,
That url actually points to http ://201.124.126.139/icons/%20/clmv/index. (killing link)php which no doubt contains a trojan or something.

It's also worth noting I don't use and never will use paypal or any other online money thingy.

Horray for scammers getting less creative every day.

My reply was, "Touch my penis."

Even if it was generated by a bot, I think my response is fitting.
xen_thanatos
Terran Refinery Attendant

Re: wat

Post by xen_thanatos »

xD
Wonder why people bother to send viruses...unless it's to an enemy.I think it's pointless to send them to strangers you don't know.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

They want your paypal info so they can jack your cash. It's a common thing nowadays.
xen_thanatos

Post by xen_thanatos »

Yeah.Phishing is pretty old,though.
wibod

Post by wibod »

kekekekekkekekekekekekkeekekkekekekekekekkekekekekekekkeekekekekekekekkekeke
superdoughboy4
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by superdoughboy4 »

"Dear PayPal Online"?
That's a strange greeting...
Well, one obvious thing that tells you it's fake is what they called you by.
Lol And they've also said that they'd never use anything other then your real full name... I think.
Gemini
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Gemini »

They don't even have proper punctuation or formal grammar.

"We have seen unusual attempts for logging in regarding your personal account, therefore this
confirmation regarding your account its only for security reasons."
xen_thanatos

Post by xen_thanatos »

Nom :OUATTARA
Prénom:DIANE
Profession : Comptable/Citibank Côte d’Ivoire

Mes sincères salutations et mes excuses à votre égard.
Avant tout chose, je voudrais m'excuser de mon intrusion dans votre vie privée. Bref, je me nomme Mlle DIANE OUATTARA,Cadre au Département de la Comptabilité à la CITIBANK - Côte d'Ivoire. Un compte a été ouvert au sein de notre banque en 1985 et depuis 1990, aucune opération ne s'est effectuée. Ce compte présente à ce jour dans nos livres, un compte créditeur de 4.5 millions de dollars américains. Après avoir consulté méticuleusement toutes les archives et les dossiers relatifs à ce compte, je me suis rendue compte que je pouvais disposer aisément de cet argent si je réussissais à le virer sur un compte à l'extérieur donc je suis à la recherche d'un partenaire discret et honnête.
Le possesseur de ce compte fut feu John Kouakou, un expatrié, directeur de Petrol-Technical Support Services Inc, ingénieur en chimie, décédé suite à un accident de la circulation. Et, personne ne sait à ce jour l'existence de ce compte. Ce compte ne possède aucun autre bénéficiaire aussi bien dans sa famille que dans son ex-entreprise.
Je voudrais transférer cet argent dans un compte sûr à l'étranger, mais je ne connais personne à l'extérieur. J’ai vu votre site du net, et comme vous êtes dans l’immobilier j’aimerais que vous m’aidiez a transférer cet argent pour investir dans votre domaine ou racheter des immeubles et C'est ainsi que l'idée m'est venue de vous contacter et de vous faire la proposition de virer cette somme sur votre compte bancaire, pour partage, c’est à dire moitié-moitié.
J'ai conscience que ce message vous surprendra car nous ne nous connaissions pas auparavant, mais soyez sûr que c'est une véritable opportunité que je vous offre.
Je vous demande de me répondre le plus vite possible.
Très fraternellement
MLLE DIANE OUATTARA

I just got this.I don't understand french,but the online translators gave a garbled translation which I understand to be one of those 'trapped funds in a bank account' scams.
Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Taeradun »

Doctor Doack wrote:
Dear PayPal Online,

We regret to inform you, that we had to lock your PayPal Online Access
because we have reasons to believe that your account may have been compromised by outside
parties. In order to protect your sensitive information, we temporaly suspended your account.

To reactivate your account, click on the link below and confirm your identity by completing the
secure form what will appear.

https://www.paypal-security.us

We have seen unusual attempts for logging in regarding your personal account, therefore this
confirmation regarding your account its only for security reasons.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Have questions? Our online help screens provide answers to many frequently asked questions.
You can also click the Customer Center tab then go to the Contact Us page to find a list of helpful
numbers to call.

Please do not reply to this automatically generated e-mail.

We know you have a choice of banks. Thanks for choosing ours.

Sincerely, PayPal Team,
That url actually points to http ://201.124.126.139/icons/%20/clmv/index. (killing link)php which no doubt contains a trojan or something.

It's also worth noting I don't use and never will use paypal or any other online money thingy.

Horray for scammers getting less creative every day.

My reply was, "Touch my penis."

Even if it was generated by a bot, I think my response is fitting.
OH SHIT I CLICKED THE LINK LOL
Pyrus
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)
Location: In the deepest pits of He--wait, no... I think this is Canada! No wonder I thought Hell froze over.

Post by Pyrus »

D'oh. Heh.
"We are all idiots; it's only when we acknowledge this of ourselves that we are set apart from the rest of them." -Darcy3352000