In my map my buildings move.

Marine
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

In my map my buildings move.

Post by Marine »

I am making a certain RP map too (since i'm near finishing my campaign; and helping a friend) but I've gotten far in it, in the RP though the buildings have the move commands like normal units. I dont know why they move they're categorized as buildings. I need some help please.
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3600/zergsig5smallff5.png[/img]
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: In my map my buildings move.

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Buildings CAN be given movement so they move around like normal units does although they are still considered structures/buildings when referring to them.

To prevent a building (or even a unit) from being able to move around, you can attempt to copy-paste a 0 movement speed from another building into that building. In addition, do select "None" as its movement type. You won't be able to double-click and write 0 as your movement speed since it will change it back to 10-30 or something very low but still allow it to move ridiculously slow.

If all fails, recreate the building (from another base building) again which it will have no movement unless you modify it to have movement.
Marine

Post by Marine »

Ya I set the building to 0 and then i went to gameplay constants and set building speed (for movement) to zero, and they still have the movements but they wouldnt move because their speed was 0.
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3600/zergsig5smallff5.png[/img]
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Marine 382BB wrote: Ya I set the building to 0 and then i went to gameplay constants and set building speed (for movement) to zero, and they still have the movements but they wouldnt move because their speed was 0.
Did you ALSO set the "movement type" to NONE?

In addition, when I imply "movement speed", I imply the BASE movement speed (not the minimum nor the maximum) that must be zero.

Changing the gameplay constants to set the movement speeds for all units (there is none for just buildings as far I know) to zero won't change much since even if you set it to 0 in that specific case, it automatically becomes like 5 or 10 in-game making them ridiculously slow (but still moving).

Just base it off from another building already unless (which is unmovable) you got a very special reason to not do it (which I really don't see what it could be).