StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

(December 27th, 2007 - March 24, 2008)
User avatar

Topic author
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator
Posts: 6579
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: His Ashworld Planet
Contact:
Status: Offline

StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

Postby Lavarinth » Mon May 26, 2008 8:05 pm

After a few months of hard work and dedication, six of our contestants ended up accomplishment the difficult task of completing a StarCraft campaign in a time-frame much shorter than most would take. Of this six, three had to be chosen as victors. The decision has been made, after tedious weeks of observing, playing, and typing in "power overwhelming." The following represents the first, second, and third place winners for our first ever Campaign Creations StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest.

FIRST PLACE: Dark Swarm
Originating from the mind of Legion.
Prizes: Blizzard Cinematics DVD + The following items: Blizzard Baseball Cap, T-shirt, and Mouse Pad.

Second Place: Battle of Ahman-ro
Originating from the mind of Revan.
Prizes: StarCraft Cinematics DVD + His choice of Blizzard Baseball Cap, T-shirt, or Mouse Pad.

Third Place: ACMD0
Originating from the mind of Thalraxal.
Prizes: His choice of Blizzard Baseball Cap, T-shirt, or Mouse Pad.

(Winners will be contacted for prize delivery.)

I'd like to thank all of our participants, even those you could not complete their projects. I would like to also inform those that did participate may still receive a pleasant surprise for participating all the way through in our first contest. We're looking forward to have you all participate in the next contest, and hopefully some new faces will join in as well.

Until next time, folks, I'd like to thank you all for your patience and enjoyable experience you've given me hosting this contest.




I'd also like to mention that any of you looking to update your projects to a more finalized version may do so now and place updated links in their threads. Please note all projects will be hosted in a special section currently under development by CC, so we encourage you all to put in any final touches to your projects.
Last edited by Lavarinth on Mon May 26, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator


Jadefang
Status: Offline

Re: StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

Postby Jadefang » Mon May 26, 2008 9:25 pm

@Legion, Revan, and Thalraxal
I congratulate each of you to your success.

User avatar

Revan
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:15 am
Status: Offline

Re: StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

Postby Revan » Tue May 27, 2008 1:19 am

Yay! ;D That should summarize it.

Anyway, congratulation to everyone who participated in this contest.

Lavarinth wrote:I'd also like to mention that any of you looking to update your projects to a more finalized version may do so now and place updated links in their threads. Please note all projects will be hosted in a special section currently under development by CC, so we encourage you all to put in any final touches to your projects.

Do I have to have to update it now? I'm busy because of exams in May and June, but I'm planning to revise my campaign after that, maybe even adding 1 or 2 bonus maps. Can I upload an updated version at that time?

Jadefang wrote:@Legion, Revan, and Thalraxal
I congratulate each of you to your success.

Thanks. ;)
Signature can be found here.

User avatar

Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 12:48 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Status: Offline

Re: StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

Postby Maglok » Tue May 27, 2008 2:19 am

Congratulations!
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog

User avatar

Meta
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 3:21 am
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

Postby Meta » Tue May 27, 2008 5:08 am

Great work, guys. That's what mapmaking is about.  ;D

User avatar

Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Posts: 1032
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:08 pm
Location: AU
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

Postby Taeradun » Tue May 27, 2008 5:15 am

w00ts
Meta wrote:Great work, guys. That's what mapmaking is about.  ;D
winning prizes? :P
Image

User avatar

Meta
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 3:21 am
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

Postby Meta » Tue May 27, 2008 5:57 am

Taeradun wrote:w00ts
Meta wrote:Great work, guys. That's what mapmaking is about.  ;D
winning prizes? :P


I meant making quality stuff but... hmm... prizes would still fit! ;)

User avatar

Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:17 am
Status: Offline

Re: StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

Postby Legion » Tue May 27, 2008 8:27 am

I won!

I didn't expect this, but it's certainly niiiice!

Okay, speech.

"First of all, I'd like to thank Lavarinth, hoster of this contest. Great idea, I loved seeing these great campaign for a 10 year old game. That in itself is an accomplishment. I want to thank all the people who've given me feedback, comments and have helped me during the creation of Dark Swarm. Thanks to Ricky_Honejasi for playtesting and spell-checking my dialogues. I want to thank Vail Sterling for saving my ass by being the Zerg protagonist. Smite unto Blizzard for cutting out cerebrates, but thanks to them for basically everything else. Thanks to the Overmind for warping in and saying some things in my campaign -- it's greatly appreciated, man! The beer kegs are comin your way!

Thanks to you, my friends here at CC, for playing my campaign! You WILL find out what happened to Sterling and company!"

- A very happy winner!

User avatar

Topic author
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator
Posts: 6579
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: His Ashworld Planet
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

Postby Lavarinth » Tue May 27, 2008 10:59 am

Revan wrote:Yay! ;D That should summarize it.

Anyway, congratulation to everyone who participated in this contest.

Lavarinth wrote:I'd also like to mention that any of you looking to update your projects to a more finalized version may do so now and place updated links in their threads. Please note all projects will be hosted in a special section currently under development by CC, so we encourage you all to put in any final touches to your projects.

Do I have to have to update it now? I'm busy because of exams in May and June, but I'm planning to revise my campaign after that, maybe even adding 1 or 2 bonus maps. Can I upload an updated version at that time?

Jadefang wrote:@Legion, Revan, and Thalraxal
I congratulate each of you to your success.

Thanks. ;)


Whenever's clever. I'll update the page accordingly if you update it after it's up.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

User avatar

Marine
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: MICHIGAN
Status: Offline

Re: StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

Postby Marine » Tue May 27, 2008 2:37 pm

Congratulations!
Im just happy that I could finalyl finish a campaign :D
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3600/zergsig5smallff5.png[/img]

User avatar

Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Posts: 1212
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline

Re: StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

Postby Thalraxal » Wed May 28, 2008 11:54 am

Congratulations Legion and Revan!  And everyone else who participated in the contest!

Now, to finish that next version of ACMD0...

User avatar

omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Posts: 695
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:38 am
Status: Offline

Re: StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

Postby omega20 » Sat May 31, 2008 11:48 am

Marine 382BB wrote:Congratulations!
Im just happy that I could finalyl finish a campaign :D


Aw! It's true! Of all the campaigns that you have announced, Legacy of a Warrior is the only one you've finished... hehehe. :P Anyway, LOAW is a pretty good campaign and very well worked, with good story, maps and characters. Even if you've not won the competition, you can be satisfied with having done a good campaign. However, it needs to be revised and fixed due to the amount of bugs in some of the maps... ;)

Thalraxal wrote:Congratulations Legion and Revan!  And everyone else who participated in the contest!

Now, to finish that next version of ACMD0...


Hehe. Do you still have trouble with the Torrasque, Thal? I think what you should do is focus more on ACMD that on ACMD0. You must bear in mind that ACMD0 is already finished. Anyway, good luck with your projects!

And finaly, congratulations to all those who have participated in the competition!
Image


Return to “StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests