BlizzCon 2008 Announced

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

BlizzCon 2008 Announced

Post by Lavarinth »

In the sudden swarm of Blizzard related news sprawling out like mad- BlizzCon 2008 was announced today by Blizzard Entertainment.. Wait, sorry, I mean Activion Blizzard!

You can read up on their press release for the event via the following link:
http://www.blizzard.com/us/press/080512.html

Keep in mind as mentioned last year, yours truly (Lavarinth) will be attending after last year's American Express processing errors at Blizzard's credit department, leaving ol' Lav ticketless. He'll be using Visa this time around.

In other news, the Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational is sold out and ready to showcase it's tournaments June 28th and 29th. Which, as we all are fully aware, the end date also happens to coincide with the month and day Diablo II and its expansion were released. Coincidence? Check out more Worldwide Invitational news at it's website:
http://www.blizzard.com/wwi08/
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
agentheart
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: BlizzCon 2008 Announced

Post by agentheart »

yo what do you know about the tickets in sellout
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

agentheart wrote: yo what do you know about the tickets in sellout
What?
- - Lavarinth
agentheart
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by agentheart »

how many tickets are there and do they sell out fast and is there anything that getting them sooner is better besides cost
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

Lav, you going? I'm gonna try and go this time around :)
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

agentheart wrote: how many tickets are there and do they sell out fast and is there anything that getting them sooner is better besides cost
Tickets for BlizzCon aren't specified in terms of count. Just price. But I believe last year you were able to purchase them for a good month before they sold out. I can only assume the quantity will be larger this year as they have acquired more space, and judging by the pictures, they leave everyone pretty packed in there.
WB wrote: Lav, you going? I'm gonna try and go this time around :)
Yeah, I'll be going with one or two of my cousins. We had planned to go last year, but as mentioned, my credit card wasn't working thanks to Blizzard's flaws. I tried calling it in, and they wouldn't accept my trying to purchase them over the phone. Heh. I suppose this year will be a bigger year though, with SC2 well into development I'm sure most of the crowd will get to test play it, as well as perhaps a Diablo 3 announcement if not already announced by then? I personally hate the fact they focus so much on World of WarCraft at BlizzCon, but can't do much about that.

I'll be looking deeply into what exactly we can and cannot do at BlizzCon, such as video taping, etc. (My phone's not that bad nor is my camera, but I'd prefer a camcorder.) As well as looking into getting updates up via my cousin's iPhone, possibly, or via laptop after each night. More on that later.
- - Lavarinth
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

Hopefully I'll see you there. :)
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!