Page 4 of 6

Re: [SCBW] Resonance -- Completed

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:26 am
by Pr0nogo
Ey, my copy of it crashed when I got to the title screen. It was on an XP computer, so I don't know if that was the cause (because I think it worked fine when I had run it on my Vista). I renamed/deleted rez\expcmpgn.bin and it worked when I selected the UED campaign. Just a little heads up.

Also, by the way, using the "there is no cow level" cheat desyncs the maps. You might want to advise the judges on that.

Re: [SCBW] Resonance -- Completed

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:58 am
by Church
Pr0nogo wrote:Ey, my copy of it crashed when I got to the title screen. It was on an XP computer, so I don't know if that was the cause (because I think it worked fine when I had run it on my Vista). I renamed/deleted rez\expcmpgn.bin and it worked when I selected the UED campaign. Just a little heads up.

Yeah I dunno what's up with that, Laconius had the same problem, but I haven't experienced it all. I'm on a 64-bit Windows 7 here.

Pr0nogo wrote:Also, by the way, using the "there is no cow level" cheat desyncs the maps. You might want to advise the judges on that.

Well, I thought this was taken for granted when replacing the MPQ campaigns, but I guess I could add it to the OP.

Re: [SCBW] Resonance -- Completed

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:54 pm
by Pr0nogo
Make sure to highlight your silly game speed rule, too. I don't think I'm the only one who missed it.

Re: [SCBW] Resonance -- Completed

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:20 pm
by Church
Not silly.

But okay. Everyone remember to play on normal speed, one notch above the middle, or the cutscenes will not be timed properly. It says this in the readme but SOME PEOPLE ;-) don't like to read readmes.

Re: [SCBW] Resonance -- Completed

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:48 pm
by Pr0nogo
I've actually found it preferable to play on fastest during actual gameplay and setting it to your silly speed for cinematics.

Re: [SCBW] Resonance -- Completed

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:31 am
by noname
The game crashes for me in the login screen. Any solutions?

Re: [SCBW] Resonance -- Completed

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:34 pm
by Pr0nogo
noname wrote:The game crashes for me in the login screen. Any solutions?


Pr0nogo wrote:Ey, my copy of it crashed when I got to the title screen. It was on an XP computer, so I don't know if that was the cause (because I think it worked fine when I had run it on my Vista). I renamed/deleted rez\expcmpgn.bin and it worked when I selected the UED campaign. Just a little heads up.


Open it up with winmpq and delete or rename that file.

Re: [SCBW] Resonance -- Completed

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:29 pm
by KillBurn
I had a good time playing it , thanks!

Re: [SCBW] Resonance -- Completed

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:45 pm
by Church
Thank you! Did you encounter any bugs or issues otherwise?

Re: [SCBW] Resonance -- Completed

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:43 am
by KillBurn
Jim_Raynor wrote:Thank you! Did you encounter any bugs or issues otherwise?


no. it worked fine

Re: [SCBW] Resonance -- Completed

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:25 am
by Church
Great to hear! Any other feedback, where I can improve, what you enjoyed, etc.? I want to try to make my later campaigns better than Resonance, so constructive criticism is welcome.

Re: [SCBW] Resonance -- Completed

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:18 am
by Pr0nogo
Just thought I'd let you know, Jim; Resonance doesn't encounter that crash/bug with the menus on my 64bit Vista. Maybe it's XP-related or 32bit-related.

Re: [SCBW] Resonance -- Completed

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:53 pm
by Church
Pr0nogo wrote:Just thought I'd let you know, Jim; Resonance doesn't encounter that crash/bug with the menus on my 64bit Vista. Maybe it's XP-related or 32bit-related.

I had a hunch it was that - My Windows 7 is 64-bit so it's probably something to do with that.

Re: [SCBW] Resonance -- Completed

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:56 pm
by GnaReffotsirk
Hey, Jim, congrats man! :)

Re: [SCBW] Resonance -- Completed

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:01 pm
by Church
Thanks a bunch! What did you think of Resonance? Any glitches or annoying stuff or anything?