So a little something extra for us campaign crafters from Karune; a map making specific FAQ was recently released over at the Battle.net forums. Questions include:
1) Will the new map editor support placing of traps, doors, and other things commonly referred to as doodads in unorthodox situations? (ie doors, auto guns, wall traps in a jungle map)
2) Will the new map editor support extended upgrade values? (ie, 30 upgrades)
3) Will the new editor still support all the other ideas currently implemented in StarEdit?
4) What additional features will the new editor have?
5) Do you plan to take ideas from third party programs and update the editor frequently to meet the demands of the map making community?
6) Will be a tool to transfer WC3 models to SC2?
7) Given that we know the Roach regenerates faster than normal, will players be able to change the regeneration rates for Zerg units?
Will players be able to give units Protoss shields or Zerg regeneration that don't normally have them? ie, a regenerating Zealot, a Ghost with shields, etc.
Bonus question: 9) Is the new StarCraftII map editor able to make our own 4th race by combining 3 races different looking and ability etc. together? even more combining with some new units from the editor?
In addition there's a short conversation with development team member Brett Wood. Check it out over at Battle.net and discuss it with us over at our thread: StarCraft II Official! (Pictures) Page 82
Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests