Podcast Episode 01

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.

Topic author
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Podcast Episode 01

Postby Lavarinth » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:48 am

Some of your loving Campaign Creations crew have joined together one night to craft themselves a little podcast for the Campaign Creations fans. Feel free to take a listen for yourself, and know there'll be more to come and they'll only get better quality wise. This is, after all, our first, live recording podcast.

Listen Here!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Podcast Episode 01

Postby IskatuMesk » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:01 pm

Man I sound just so WAZTED
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Postby Zilla- » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:10 pm

What the hell is this podcast thing?

Topic author
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Postby Lavarinth » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:14 pm

It's a podcast.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby Whiplash! » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:45 pm

A podcast is like an online taped discussion about certain topics. I'll try to make sure I am in the next one.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zilla-

Postby Zilla- » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:52 pm

I enjoyed it however there are a few points I wish to make:

1) The editing, I know you are a lazy bastard lav but you could at least edit out the 5+ second pauses. I dunno, they irk me. And you could introduce matt, I like knowing who is the "interviewer". And you could pronounce shit right, lejeci (lol).

2) What the hell are you going to talk about now? Even if you follow every single project and convention and rumor I don't think you can keep it going, this is taking into account the 2 week window that you are giving yourself. But If you only do it once a month I think that after 5 shows you guys are just going to look at each other and say "well, now what?". Lav mentioned that you would have "community guests" or some shit like that and I think that that would be a better idea, not just because there is more shit there but also because this site is focused more on the community than anything else imo. And besides, anyone can report the news from what happens at the site and anyone can theorycraft but if you focus on the projects going on and the creators and their plans and shit I think it would be a better show.

So in recap, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

TPC
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby TPC » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:33 pm

Zilla, you're absolutely right. I completely forgot to introduce myself. I realized that AFTER we finished shooting that cast. I was going to slap it on, but in the end, we decided not to because 1) I had to work a another 12 hour shift 2) I had to raid.

Secondly, as far as discussion topics go, you are also right about that. Two weeks is a very optimistic time frame and that assumes theres news and bits coming out. More realistically, it'd be one show a month that would hit about 30 minutes to an hour.

This is our planning process so far. Typically, Lav and I start brainstorming about potential topics that we find interesting. Then I wire a draft to Mesk (and now Mantis) for their thoughts. Then we refine that list further and outline everything further. Note that we're not scripting everything. Just outlining major points of interest and responses.

Remember, that this was our first podcast. I don't know about the other two guys, but I was pretty damned nervous about the whole thing.

But yeah, for sure we'll take your ideas to heart and further refine them for our 2nd cast.

Zilla-

Postby Zilla- » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:56 pm

Well seeing as how you want to represent the community I suggest that you post what ideas you are considering airing or whatnot and let dudes post ideas they find interesting. Some topics I think could be covered include having mesk talk about 2042 and his dealie there, or have someone from SS point out some hilarity that happened (ex, shadow hacked pudgewars and turned it into the best map ever) or something like that. Seeing as how Matt is a wow whore he can give his opinions on up coming patches or whatnot.  Have random dudes talk about shit that they are working on (Bill has spiffwars 2, mantidz has something or other, I have "the firebat friday experiance") or if absolutely nothing is going on talk about shows that dudes in general like (I remember there being a fairly active thread about Stargate) or anything. Don't limit yourselves to just talking about starcraft, or blizzard games, or games or anything. Keep it open. If someone doesn't care for a specific topic they can skip that section.

One more thing, make it play continually instead of just each subject and than having to manually change tracks.

TPC
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby TPC » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:01 pm

One more thing, make it play continually instead of just each subject and than having to manually change tracks.

Right up Lav's alley.

About the topics, we've agreed that it should be limited to Starcraft related material, or significant Blizzard material. No one goes to a Starcraft custom campaign site to listen to World of Warcraft updates. Also, there's not a whole lot of time throughout the week that we can sit down together. So when we shoot, it's literally our final cut and we want to keep it short and relatively on topic with things that listeners find interesting. If there's enough demand for the firebat friday experience, then yeah, I think we can squeeze in a segment for that.

But definitely, we will talk about Mesks' Starcraft 2 project, and Mantis' stuff. For the time being, we've agreed to limit it to either Campaign Creations news, or Starcraft news.

Return to “News and Announcements”