Blizzard has just released the next batch of Question and Answers, edition 53 & 54. The following questions were asked:
1. Computer AI - Does the computer's online AI vary from its offline counterpart?
2. Have you considered allowing a post-game lobby for users to discuss the last game, collectively watch replays, or immediately enter into a rematch?
3. Is there any update on additional map features other than the Xel'Naga watch towers, destructible rocks and tall grass?
4. How many different voice actors are needed for StarCraft II, including the unit sounds and campaign heroes?
5. The terrain types in StarCraft II we have seen so far had names like "Bel'Shir (Jungle)". Does this mean that "Bel'Shir" is just an alias for jungle and every terrain is just named after a typical planet using it or are there - to stick with this example - other jungle maps with a different terrain set, something like "Aiur (Jungle)"?
6. Will there be any chance to have more options on pausing the game? In StarCraft: Brood War every player can pause the game three times, but every other player can unpause it. How about a (user editable) time limit before other players can unpause the game?
7. I already knew the map editor would be available to beta testers a while after Beta was released, but this is why I'm asking the bland question, will it also be available to non-participating people?
8. When a unit comes out from a building will there be only 4 exits from the building like in Warcraft 3 or will there be "infinite"?
You can read all about Q&A 53 on our forum here or visit Battle.net's forum here.
1. Does the Zergling vs. Zealot ratio remain at 4:1 or has it changed in the latest builds?
2. In World of Warcraft pvp they found an issue over time that it was "very unsatisfying" to the player when they lost control of their character as it limited their ability to do their job or role. There is a noticeable increase in stuns and immobilization in Starcraft 2, which was barely present in Starcraft 1. From your experience in testing, do you feel abilities, which limit unit control, provide more dynamic game play so far or are you noticing more concern?
3. What is the current status of the Mothership? What niche does it fill at this time, and if the unit were removed, would there be a reason to fill that niche with a different unit or would protoss still be fine?
4. What is your overall goal for the Infestor? The units have had and removed so many abilities, are you trying to focus into a support role, or disruption and harassment, or just to have a wide variety of spells so it can be a quick response unit?
5. Is EMP dodgeable, or there's some sort of indication that it's going to be launched? And does this cause a problem with Immortals?
6. Map/mod to site communication - Will there be support for map/mod makers to bridge a connection between their map/mod to their site? For example, if a person wanted their map/mod to submit scores/results to the site, and vice-versa the map/mod could pull the highest scores from the site and display it in the game. mes, but every other player can unpause it. How about a (user editable) time limit before other players can unpause the game?
7. Launcher support - Will maps/mods be able to have their own "launcher" (ala WoW's launcher), as in shortcut or start icon from the computer outside of StarCraft, and have their own screens, after a Battle.net authenticating screen (ala Twitter's, or Facebook's, application authentication).
You can read all about Q&A 54 on our forum here or visit Battle.net's forum here.
Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Xel'naga Administrator
- Posts: 6579
- Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 pm
- Location: His Ashworld Planet
- Status: Offline
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests