Campaign Creations StarCraft Scenario Contest

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Campaign Creations StarCraft Scenario Contest

Post by Lavarinth »

Campaign Creations is proud to present their next contest: The StarCraft Scenario Contest. Your prize this time? Well, only one winner will be accountable for this contest, and that winner will get to receive the StarCraft Cinematic Poster. And, naturally, to up the interest:
The Winner Will Receive a StarCraft II Beta Key for Him or Herself and a Friend!
Once again, thanks to the support of Blizzard Entertainment, they've helped sponsor this contest officially by offering a pair of beta keys for the winner. You think you have what it takes to create the most epic single player scenario map? Then here's what you have to do:

Contest will be a scenario map creation contest, with a predetermined character: Judicator Zilous, where the contestants must portray an event in one map alone with this character as the protagonist to a basic self-determined story. Judgment will be based primary on the complexity and amount of story-driven content contained within the map. In addition, the mapping ability and overall professionalism of the project will also be considered. Additional extras such as music, vocal work, or artwork adjustment will not directly ultimately affect judgment but may aid in the scoring. The contest will be based off a scoring system, where one can acquire up to ten points based on each criteria: Text (Spelling, Grammar, Formatting, Dialogue, etc), Triggers (Complexity, Functional, Usage), Mapping (Categories: Layout and Beauty), and Professionalism (Attention to detail, lore, and presentation).

A few important notes to take into account is that Judicator Zilous operates an Arbiter. Arbiters have been known to have the ability to manipulate space and time to transport personal and supplies, alongside freeze personal in the same manner. This, however, does not limit them from giving themselves the ability to time travel or perhaps even enter other dimensions. Your imagination is your limits in this contest, the only requirement is Judicator Zilous be the main character, however his survival or lack of is in your hands.

You have four weeks from this day to complete a total package campaign revolving around the StarCraft storyline. Let's make your vast knowledge in both triggering and mapping finally come of good use, and show that YOU deserve those keys! Head on over to our forums and visit the contest subforum to get started!

Source: Campaign Creations StarCraft Scenario Contest
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Campaign Creations StarCraft Scenario Contest

Post by Maglok »

Great initiative
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by omega20 »

Maglok wrote: Great initiative
Yes. But I think Lav should have waited until the other contest was finished...

Anyways, I'll try this one :p
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

omega20 wrote:
And wait for beta keys to expire? :D
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

Good luck to those that enter, I bet there will be some really cool RPG maps out there!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

omega20 wrote:

Anyways, I'll try this one :p
Time would not allow such a thing to occur.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
omega20

Post by omega20 »

BadManners! wrote:
omega20 wrote:
And wait for beta keys to expire? :D
Oh, yeah. I almost forgot 'bout that. ;D

Anyways, what'd happen if one person won the Campaign Contest, and in the same time that person won this Contest? Would that person achieve 4 SC II beta keys?
Last edited by omega20 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

omega20 wrote: Anyways, what'd happen if one person won the Campaign Contest, and in the same time that person won this Contest? Would that person achieve 4 SC II beta keys?
In theory, yes.

In practice, the odds are too way low for anyone (unless he/she is clearly jobless and wants to spend insane time creating) to win both. Anyone trying that is much more likely to fail in both sections anyway.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Whiplash! wrote: Good luck to those that enter, I bet there will be some really cool RPG maps out there!
Let's hope not.