In The Admiral's Service - RELEASED

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

In The Admiral's Service - RELEASED

Post by IskatuMesk »

I had originally decided not to release ITAS, the last SC project I ever worked on, due to its alpha-state of completion. However, yesterday I reassembled my assets and thanks to Dark_Nemesis, I am able to today bring you one of the more anticipated mods I had been working on.

In The Admiral's Service is for version 1.10. I will NOT be updating it to work for newer unless someone makes a .pat converter for the latest version that actually works.

The reasons behind my original decision about a year ago to keep ITAS unreleased were fairly strong, and still stand for your note -

- The Confederate graphics got completely trashed by SC's palette. Additionally, due to the way Rhino and Flamingo tile textures, that was the best I could achieve with what I had on me. I still have the source data for ITAS, and if someone with max was willing to re-render every Confed ship there is in, plus 5 or so that remain to be added, I might consider updating the mod.
- ITAS was built in the hopes of a Limit remover for the sprites. Disciple of Adun made such a limit remover, but it only works for one of the 1.13 versions. This mod WILL hit the sprite limit very, very fast.
- The mod undertook 3 massive design changes. As a result, the Protoss race (which was to finally become the Pants legion) is only about 1/4 completed, and what's there is is certainly not capable of facing the Undead and Confeds on an equal playing field. They do have a functioning AI, however, and some frigate and capital classes.
- The sounds were not normalized. Some confed sounds especially are quite loud. I decided to leave them in due to the positive responses I've gotten for the light-hearted nature of them. The Undead responses are too quiet. Alter your volume accordingly.
- The race selection screen is mangled. You can still see stuff, though. Live with it.

ITAS was built on a rigid naval-styled balancing system and due to the incomplete nature of the mod there are classes and types of ships missing for the two major races (Undead and Confed) that were required to complete the circle of balance. The Undead lack bombers, heavy fighters, and the Confeds lack a wider range of medium-class ships and frigates. I had models complete for these but they remain unfinished.

There are some units that, if built, may crash the game. The AI does not build these.

This mod functions across hamachi like any other.

I think there is some custom music but I am unsure.

I am releasing this for a small group of people that had requested it a long time ago. For those of you that played it in alpha testing, the long-dreaded Phoenix twin attack bug was corrected for this release.

ITAS is based on the MFTG universe. It contains content that might be offensive to younger or sensitive viewers. User castration is advised. The file contains a readme. Consult it for further information. Where HK was an extremely technically advanced demonstrational mod, ITAS was a mod I just wanted to have fun with. It's balancing and such may be hard to grasp, but they are there.

http://www.upload.campaigncreations.org ... AS_001.rar
Doodle77
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Re: In The Admiral's Service - RELEASED

Post by Doodle77 »

FireGraft imports .pat files...
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Update DoA's limit remover for 1.14 and I'll update ITAS. Sounds like a good deal to me.
superdoughboy4
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by superdoughboy4 »

Wait. You can patch buttons now for 1.14?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I can personally, yes, because I am beta testing FG, although DoA is taking a break and I haven't actually tested FG with 1.14 yet I assume it works with it. The limit remover, on the other hand, only works with 1.13f. Whenever DoA gets around to updating it for 1.14, I'll update ITAS accordingly, and add some ships that remain only partly implemented (Confed frigate/corvette classes, for example).