WUB WUB WUB (aka: HotS Spoiler Thread)

User avatar

Falchion
Zerg Broodling Dance Instructor
Zerg Broodling Dance Instructor
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: WUB WUB WUB

Postby Falchion » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:30 pm

@IskatuMesk

Man, you knew it was horrifying, I KNEW it was horrifying (So much I got in trouble with Lav because of it), so I ask you politely: WHY DID YOU PLAY THE CAMPAIGN, MAN? Serious, why?

/edit On other events, I just finished the first three missions and recorded them. My voice casting turned out to be much worse than Mesk, but it's the third time I'm doing it and I'm not gonna waste anymore of my time just to go over the same stuff again. Even though it's fun.

Yes, beat me, Mesk, but I found the first three missions of HotS to be much fun than those of WoL. The third, especially, after I restarted it TWICE, reminded me of that Armies of Mexico game you played.

Oh, well, will most likely be banned for a week, even though I'm getting light on this post. Sue me.
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

Image

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8776
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: WUB WUB WUB

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:36 pm

I guess it's because I thought Raynor has a nice rack.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Topic author
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:55 am
Status: Offline

Re: WUB WUB WUB

Postby wibod » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:09 pm

Falchion wrote:@IskatuMesk

Man, you knew it was horrifying, I KNEW it was horrifying (So much I got in trouble with Lav because of it), so I ask you politely: WHY DID YOU PLAY THE CAMPAIGN, MAN? Serious, why?

/edit On other events, I just finished the first three missions and recorded them. My voice casting turned out to be much worse than Mesk, but it's the third time I'm doing it and I'm not gonna waste anymore of my time just to go over the same stuff again. Even though it's fun.

Yes, beat me, Mesk, but I found the first three missions of HotS to be much fun than those of WoL. The third, especially, after I restarted it TWICE, reminded me of that Armies of Mexico game you played.

Oh, well, will most likely be banned for a week, even though I'm getting light on this post. Sue me.


Why do BR's get so hiney hindenburged about not being wanted?
Image

User avatar

Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:49 am
Status: Offline

Re: WUB WUB WUB

Postby Krazy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:33 am

Pretty mild criticism from what I was expecting. After all, it didn't cut your legs off and then call you a midget. Or did it?

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8776
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: WUB WUB WUB

Postby IskatuMesk » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:22 am

I'm mostly just chalking up the experience to learning what not to do with Apex, I guess. I have no soul left to destroy.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Falchion
Zerg Broodling Dance Instructor
Zerg Broodling Dance Instructor
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: WUB WUB WUB

Postby Falchion » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:35 am

IskatuMesk wrote:I'm mostly just chalking up the experience to learning what not to do with Apex, I guess. I have no soul left to destroy.


Funny. You've given up on it after Patch 1.5, I thought...
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

Image

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8776
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: WUB WUB WUB

Postby IskatuMesk » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:42 pm

I'll rebuild it.

After Retribution.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:49 am
Status: Offline

Re: WUB WUB WUB

Postby Krazy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 pm

If you see the campaign mostly as an advertisement for the assets that people will use in custom maps, I have to say that I actually like what I see. I'm not done with the campaign yet, but bearing in mind that I pretty much just completely ignore the story of any blizzard product and take their animations for what they are: "ooh look, shiny eyes! ooh look, someone got impaled on a trinity beam!" -- that is, if you immediately set your brain to "off" -- I do think it's quite possible to enjoy this campaign. But I sometimes feel like I'm the biggest fanboy on this site at this point so there you go.

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8776
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: WUB WUB WUB

Postby IskatuMesk » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:37 am

Yeah, I can see using a lot of the new structures in particular. The ice tileset is reasonably nice and there's some useful mechanical doodads I can use to deck out that platform of mine with.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.


Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: WUB WUB WUB

Postby Mr. » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:43 am

Krazy wrote:I do think it's quite possible to enjoy this campaign. But I sometimes feel like I'm the biggest fanboy on this site at this point so there you go.


You're not the only one. I actually enjoyed the WoL campaign. Yes, every aspect of the story was retarded, but I enjoyed playing it, anyway. I haven't picked up HotS yet, but I will, in a week or two. I was actually hoping to hear an opinion from someone who doesn't hate everything, so thank you.

User avatar

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Posts: 2023
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: WUB WUB WUB

Postby Ricky_Honejasi » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:26 am

Krazy wrote:If you see the campaign mostly as an advertisement for the assets that people will use in custom maps, I have to say that I actually like what I see. I'm not done with the campaign yet, but bearing in mind that I pretty much just completely ignore the story of any blizzard product and take their animations for what they are: "ooh look, shiny eyes! ooh look, someone got impaled on a trinity beam!" -- that is, if you immediately set your brain to "off" -- I do think it's quite possible to enjoy this campaign.


Pretty much how I see it as well. Blizzard did more effort asset-wise that I expected. Meanwhile, don't expect anything stellar from the campaign's story at all. Seriously, don't. "Brain off" mode is strongly suggested.

Btw, I didn't finish the campaign at this time.

User avatar

Topic author
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:55 am
Status: Offline

Re: WUB WUB WUB

Postby wibod » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:19 am

I was considering picking up HotS until the cinematics leaked. I personally thought WoL ended in a way that left it open enough to do some interesting things with the story if they wanted, but the game itself was pretty generic, and generally no fun. The tone shift of SC in HotS has pretty much killed my interest as it's now Image
Image

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8776
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: WUB WUB WUB

Postby IskatuMesk » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:49 pm

Mr. wrote:
Krazy wrote:I do think it's quite possible to enjoy this campaign. But I sometimes feel like I'm the biggest fanboy on this site at this point so there you go.


You're not the only one. I actually enjoyed the WoL campaign. Yes, every aspect of the story was retarded, but I enjoyed playing it, anyway. I haven't picked up HotS yet, but I will, in a week or two. I was actually hoping to hear an opinion from someone who doesn't hate everything, so thank you.


standards =/= hating everything

it's ok to want stuff to be good
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Dread
Terran Command Center Custodian
Terran Command Center Custodian
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:40 pm
Status: Offline

Re: WUB WUB WUB

Postby Dread » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:42 pm

I've only made so much progress through the campaign; but I have enjoyed the overall presentation and experience. I'm not even averse to a comedic romance. I do see where Iskatumesk is coming from though. It's really toeing that fine line between bothering to ask questions about what Blizzard might have been thinking, and just playing the game with a total suspension of disbelief.

The game seems to run kind of, "funny", and/or, "strangely", in a lot of quirky ways though.

I kind of did the same thing with Diablo 3 which I beat a couple of nights ago.

Ricky_Honejasi wrote:"Brain off" mode is strongly suggested.

So, so true.
Last edited by Dread on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - - Dread

User avatar

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 1595
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:19 pm
Status: Offline

Re: WUB WUB WUB

Postby RazorclawX » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Generally the feeling I get from the HOTS campaign is the gameplay is quite good, but the story, not so much. If you enjoy playing it that's where it's worth alone. The thing is you kind of have to turn your brain off toward the story.
Image
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future


Return to “StarCraft II Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests