Do you intend to buy HotS? (Poll - November 2012)

Do you intend to buy HotS?

Yes, I have full faith in Blizzard that HotS will be awesome!
No votes
Yes, HotS will be worth the purchase.
17%
Yes, although I have a lot of doubts about HotS.
25%
Yes but only because ill be left behind SC2-wise otherwise.
17%
Yes ... to see how badly Starcraft 2 gets destroyed with HotS!
8%
Unsure. Depends if Blizzard fixes more of what I honestly care.
No votes
Unsure. Depends if my friends will also buy it.
4%
No, I am simply satisfied with WoL and I simply don't need HotS.
No votes
No, HotS won't be worth it.
13%
No, Blizzard ruined all my trust in them. No more Blizzard games!
17%

Total votes: 24

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Do you intend to buy HotS? (Poll - November 2012)

Post by Lavarinth »

Apparently there is supposed to be a redeeming quality for the single player presentation of HotS and the correction of butchered lore all from one magical new lead co-writer.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Any claims are best left unconsidered until peer reviewed by non-shills.
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Mr. »

Honestly, I'm expecting pretty much the same from HotS as what we got from WoL. Single player was fun, story was retarded, and I expect as much from part two. Battle net 2.0 has always been... inefficient, to say the least, and I expect that none of their efforts will make it much better. Multiplayer, fun for a while, but not a huge amount of good maps available to play.

I am fairly confident that the single player being fun, and a bit of multiplayer will be enough to justify the purchase. With WoL, that was more satisfaction that I've gotten from other new games at full price. Any other improvements that Blizzard accidentally implements will just be a bonus.
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by Pr0nogo »

Mr. wrote:With WoL, that was more satisfaction that I've gotten from other new games at full price.
This is a fault of games. They are expensive and shitty because the industry is f(l)ailing, and only a few of them particularly enjoyable.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

- - Lavarinth
Mr.

Post by Mr. »

And right off the bat we get this:
In the case of questions about the plot or character motivations in Wings of Liberty, my answers are based entirely on clues, subtext, and events in the game, so these answers can be deduced directly from the source. In a few cases, the clues are there, but we were probably too obscure in the way we layered them in.
"Hey, it's not our fault you guys weren't clever enough to deduce our brilliant hidden subtext in the scene where Valerian allows Raynor to murder the crew of a battlecruiser so that he can talk to him, rather than, say, opening communications."

Okay, so that was my first impression from the series of articles, and I had a good number of issues with the things that this fellow said, and the way that he said them. I don't have time to specifically say which right now, though. But at the same time, this does actually give me hope about HotS. A lot of this Q and A thing involves acknowledging that a LOT of things went wrong in the narrative of WoL. Some of the answers miss the point, but overall I feel like this:
So, did we make mistakes? You bet. Did the story suffer in some ways? Yes. Do I regret it? No. I think we have learned from those mistakes, and our storytelling has grown stronger as a result.
Is a good sign that maybe the story of HotS will be slightly less terrible than WoL? Can't be much worse, I suppose.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Mr. wrote:Is a good sign that maybe the story of HotS will be slightly less terrible than WoL? Can't be much worse, I suppose.
Personally, I hope so. Although, they need to do better all things considered.

EDIT : As a side thing, for some that did want the Startools, it seems some info is there at http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7394209770#1 which can help make up their minds for the better or worse about HotS.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Too little too late. Maybe if the exporter isn't an outdated pile of shit by 2014 I'll consider it.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

3DS Max 2011.. But we're at 2013! Good thing I have them all.
- - Lavarinth
UntamedLoli

Post by UntamedLoli »

lol @ everyone posting their resume in the thead like its going to help them.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Hunter_Killers wrote:lol @ everyone posting their resume in the thead like its going to help them.
Actually, I think it "could" this time since it's not everyone that got that specific 3DSMax version and willing to use it.

It's not like the beta HotS which you could give the keys beta very randomly, get random testers and see how it goes then have any reasonable test results.

The only case that it would not help is if Blizzard is just announcing StarTools coming while disguising it as a small possibility to get our hands on it to give more interrest.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

They aren't going to make plugins for a different package or a different version.

Additionally, almost no one who claims to have any kind of artistic skill has had anything to do with sc2.
UntamedLoli

Post by UntamedLoli »

Ricky_Honejasi wrote:
Hunter_Killers wrote:lol @ everyone posting their resume in the thead like its going to help them.
Actually, I think it "could" this time since it's not everyone that got that specific 3DSMax version and willing to use it.

It's not like the beta HotS which you could give the keys beta very randomly, get random testers and see how it goes then have any reasonable test results.

The only case that it would not help is if Blizzard is just announcing StarTools coming while disguising it as a small possibility to get our hands on it to give more interrest.
They are essentially telling you not to post if you don't meet those requirements. Thats why they are called requirements.
Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Taeradun »

wow gj 3ds max for overhauling your plugin architecture with every major version and making it harder for struggling indie developers like bluzzlard to support your fragmented market
Falchion
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Post by Falchion »

Taeradun wrote:wow gj 3ds max for overhauling your plugin architecture with every major version and making it harder for struggling indie developers like bluzzlard to support your fragmented market
Yup, Blizzard's having suicidal tendencies as of late.

My opinion? They want to die, I say "fuck it", I won't lift a finger, it's them alone who'll lose either way... ¬¬
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link