Warlords and Merchants Discussion

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Warlords and Merchants Discussion

Post by RazorclawX »

Wait, they added new models into the editor?
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

The models from Left 2 Die are in a mod on Bnet, and I think Ricky wants to avoid those dependencies because it would require a login every time he wants to load the map in the editor, which is obnoxious.

Mesk, are you talking about me?

The bad performance in replays might be from the game determining everyone's command interface/cameras/messages/buttons/dialogs instead of just the relevant one. WC3 replays didn't allow you to see the command buttons in a replay and always showed the trigger messages/camera movement from player 1 because that was what GetLocalPlayer returned. SC2 seems to have to keep track of all of them so you can switch between them.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Yes, I am talking about you :P any kind of cpu overhead is going to suck.

And yeah I am pretty sure that the lag is from syncing all of the warlord's merchant-related uis at once constantly.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Planet cracker or whatever it is says it doesn't hit air on the tooltip. It does.
Vetraeus
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by Vetraeus »

MMsPurifierPlanetCrackerBehavior AoE-S5.000.0080MultiTargetTrig?
Set Accumulate Degree: 40.80.00.00.25.15 Proc Setup Model 8x8 VMAirHitScan
DisableGeneralAir (50%) DmSModuleEditPlace

I actually looked into the effects of planet cracker that ricky did not nerf and just blankly stuck in W&M, and well It just so turns out that if you get 6 of the same non-set model (Not purifier mothership) and give them all the Planet Cracker, you can expect mass lag, trigger errors, memory leaks, and maybe even a crash.

But the only way to prevent it from hitting air is to disable its GeneralAir to AoE Bounce, as it hits ground it has an Aura/Bounce effect that negates the "Hit Air Ability". in basic terms it will hit air until you actually go into the data editor, open up the purifier unit/skill module, modify each and every individual variable until it does not hit air anymore, trial and error. But you could do it another simple way; remove it from the game. I'm sure there are a couple more ways, but thats how I learned.

One way could be to do: Ignore Hover, but then, Diamondbacks & Hellions fall under the category "Hover" for some Blizzard Idiotic Chuckup.
Do not argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

The death globe fires a single beam that sinks into the ground but magically hits 15 targets somehow. I presume this is a bug.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Unfortunately, it will still take a while before I do anything about W&M. Exams, homework and such taking priority.

For planet cracker, I do find it odd that it would use Bounce when it has zero need for it when only some circular area fetch of enemies (and missiles based on what I understand) would do the job.

For Aegis (the "death globe"), it does have some delay before the beam "splits" and then hit 15 targets (15 targets is intentional). To me, it did look fine or at least it was clear that foes get visually hit. Since it was made by Q, I am not sure what to look exactly about it.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I watched the first rep you sent me and the absolute most I ever saw was a little green projectile appearing, and then hit effects some time later. It was very difficult to tell if the aegis was even attacking sometimes.
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

The dark stalker shot it uses is just a ribbon effect, and seems to just disappear when there's too much on the screen.

A possible fix that I think looks better anyway:

Make a new Aegis Weapon entry in "Models" based on the stalker weapon model. Give it the Phalanx Missile model file and scale values of 0.7.

In the actor DiffractionWaveSecondaryMissile, change the model to the new one. Add an actor event with the event "Actor Creation" and the action to set the tint color (R 45, G 255, B 90, HDR multiplier 2.0)

I don't think the game will hide this model, but then again I wouldn't expect it to leave anything out with Mesk's settings.
Vetraeus

Post by Vetraeus »

Just make it shoot infestors as a projectile, then more people will buy it.
Do not argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

Ugh, my computer (laptop) was going into sleep mode because it was overheating. The fans might be jammed with dust, and I'd have to take the whole thing apart to clean them out. I probably shouldn't try to run SC2 again until I can get it fixed.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

COMPRESSED AIR!!!!!!

It saved my video card man
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

So the current changes for next week :

1) Diamondbacks now have standard size again (from 85% size).
2) Mutalisk's (including Combo) attack speed from 1.5 to 1.2.
3) Elite - Zeus now have a very limited Blink ability so it can teleport out of your base.
4) Elite - Zeus' Promethius Cannon is now cancelable.
5) Phoenix's Graviton Beam is now auto-castable.
6) Phoenix's Graviton Beam now costs 75 energy.
7) Phoenix's damage is back to normal.
8) Combo - Prison Phoenix's Void Prison is now auto-castable.
9) Combo Phoenixes have selection priority over standard phoenixes for casting the additional spells.

Old changes :
A) Many Elite units and a few Combo units are no longer tinted.
B) Zerg - Princess should now have aerial sight.

Other notes :
- Promethius Cannon now also have an actor range.
- Wanted to make Phoenixes able to attack even if they auto-casted Graviton Beam (as in the beamed target). Oddly enough, they can attack if it was manually casted instead.
Vetraeus

Post by Vetraeus »

Use the Medivac Upgraded Model from the campaign to replace the current Medivac savior.
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

Ricky, do you have the w&m replays from the week I missed? It's a moot point if you updated the map from then because I don't have that version cached.