GnaReffotsirk's Custom Models

GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Re: GnaReffotsirk's Custom Models

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

johnnythewolf wrote:And I suppose these aren't mere reskins. They do have unique in-game stats and all, right? ???
What do you mean reskins? You still need to create the appropriate data for these models.
johnnythewolf
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Post by johnnythewolf »

Ah, my bad. Unfamiliar with modelling jargon I am.

So, these are just custom models, not actual units with new attacks and stats and all, is that right?
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Spot on. You would still need to create the "unit" (data editor related). These are just the m3 and dds files.
johnnythewolf

Post by johnnythewolf »

I've been wondering... Since you seem so good at modelling, do you plan to eventually remake the original SC1 portraits for your custom models?
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Unfortunately, NiNToxicated dropped the whole thing before he can get to adding portrait camera. If there was another way to display portraits properly given the present scripts, I will of course.

I wish someone would take up the mantle and continue making the scripts. I wish I had programming skills beyond visual basic.

I have doubts blizzard will ever release their tools.
johnnythewolf

Post by johnnythewolf »

I remember some Blizzard employee (Dustin Bowder?) saying that they use Faceposer for the character lipsynch. If they relied on third-party tools for that kind of scripting, no wonder they can't release them.
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Well, they can release the scripts without face poser. We just need the scripts, then the community can create new scripts based on the information contained in the blizzard scripts, which will result in Blizzard being free of blame.

But you have a good point. A scary one, but imo something to watch out for. Man, I hope they do release the scripts. It would be such a waste if they didn't.