Warlords and Merchants is now public!

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Warlords and Merchants is now public!

Post by RazorclawX »

So how did my mod work out for you?

I still get people asking me how I did the Battlecruisers... are you even using those in any fashion? The funny thing is I probably forgot most of what I learned about SC2 since I stopped fiddling with it, but I could probably have an actual answer if I studied things for an hour.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Well, it did quite okay although there were many bugs I had to fix left and right about it.

With patch 1.11 (at the time), there was a limit of 4 mods (which I used all of them for Blizzard files) so I had to "hard-fuse" your mod into W&M.

The extra units does help giving more units to Zerg and Protoss in terms of counterabilities and such. Unfortunately, they are rarely used so far since most people are more used to play with standard units and prefer to stick to them. I would actually use them myself as a Warlord if only my computer wasn't too slow for any real W&M game (thus I always play Merchant).

Also hesitant to buy a new computer just for SC2 considering how Blizzard-Activision is still very passive about the overwhelming issues with the popularity list. Not even sure if they will fix them for HotS.

As for the extra Battlecruisers, no I didn't use them yet. I think I even made the Combo Battlecruiser units before so I didn't even bother to switch to the different models. Guess I just had too many bad surprises when I fiddle models/actors beyond the strict minimum and didn't want to recopy the combo abilities into them.

Otherwise, the newest unit I would add eventually from your mod is the Uberlisk (which I think you named as Omegalisk) with the tentacles as the newest Elite unit to buy off merchants. I still didn't add it as I am unsure how I should put the stats (even if it should relatively obvious).

There are also other units I should remake such as the Dark Archon since your mod seems to have everything for it but I still didn't bother myself much about it.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Well, I finally bothered to poke the "W&M Team Warlords" aspect which will be selectionable in the custom settings variant (instead of "W&M FFA") so that all players on a same lobby team becomes allied as Warlords. Note that it completely neglect merchants. Also this setting is intended for private W&M games.

For example, if Players 1,2,3 are on the same team. P1 and P2 are Warlords and P3 is merchant. P1 and P2 will be allied warlords while P3 will be treated the same as the usual merchant system in W&M.

Note that I still need to make more tests. In addition, we will try a "Team Warlords" to test it out in a real game in FFS to attempt to fetch any potential bugs about it.