HERE ARE SOME GRAPHS

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: HERE ARE SOME GRAPHS

Post by RazorclawX »

You know what, I'm not a moderator on this board, but...

Knock it off. If I could I'd bring the Lockdown picture out of retirement.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by AA7Dragoon »

Hey guys, keep it cool. Ricky fixed the problem. Nothing to argue about now. ;) Just type -surrender when you want to quit and observe the rest of the game. You're fair game until then.
mAc Chaos
Zerg Zergling Groomer
Zerg Zergling Groomer

Post by mAc Chaos »

What is going on in this thread.

If you're an observer of a game, you're not supposed to do anything that would impact the game. That includes building units, attacking folks, or using up resources.

You just sit there and watch.

As for Ricky's problem, why do you need to remove the units to begin with? If someone surrenders, isn't there a way to make them just transfer over to a non-human player that makes them basically dead? Then it'll be the same as if they left the game and someone can just come and clear them out if they want to.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

mAc Chaos wrote:What is going on in this thread.

If you're an observer of a game, you're not supposed to do anything that would impact the game. That includes building units, attacking folks, or using up resources.

You just sit there and watch.

As for Ricky's problem, why do you need to remove the units to begin with? If someone surrenders, isn't there a way to make them just transfer over to a non-human player that makes them basically dead? Then it'll be the same as if they left the game and someone can just come and clear them out if they want to.
Removing the units is kind of a matter to "clean up". In SC2, it can be even more important as a 15-man FFA can slow down dramatically games due to the sheer number of units. At each of those, my computer dropped to 0-1 FPS while for the somewhat more recent computers, it's 7-15 FPS. In addition, it ensures the observer won't interfere in any way in the most simplest way possible.

However trigger-wise, the above pretty much cause to have to "emulate" the whole melee triggers minus any auto-defeat (which to allow observing instead) yet letting the true defeat stuff kick in at the very logical end of the game.

That include team defeat support as well. For example, if Player 1 and Player 2 are allied yet Player 1 loses all buildings and workers, I have to make sure my triggers kick Player 1 and Player 2 in observing WHEN both Player 1 and Player 2 are "dead". Player 1 might want to help with micro with Player 2's remaining forces for example.

And so on, it did took me about 4 hours to do those triggers and to test them as much I can. Meaning it could still have bugs of any sort.

EDIT : Oh yes, in SC2, there is NO auto option to get shared vision and alliances are usually locked so if you have a remaining Hatchery in the corner of the map ... then you are stuck with the view of that hatchery for the rest of the game even if you gave up.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I concur that Ricky's ideas are absolutely necessary for FFAs.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Krazy »

Well maybe we'll see if your triggers work in a big FFA map this weekend Ricky, since I've added them to both maps I'm working on right now XD

P.S. if you use them remember to delete the default melee triggers... unless you want 2 nexuses (or whatever) to spawn at start of map ;)