HERE ARE SOME GRAPHS

Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Re: HERE ARE SOME GRAPHS

Post by Xenon »

What's BM? I didn't mine anything after Lav kicked me out, what corner did Bill have his stuff in?
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Krazy »

Honestly with the lag that was going on, sometimes I think we just have to accept that some people should just watch the cast/replay if they don't want to play.

And for some reason I still haven't figured out the most basic triggers (for some reason I even had to copy/paste the melee triggers that are there from garden of war), can anyone direct me to a map with obs on death so I can steal them?

Edit: oh yeah and ricky how did you increase the supply cap in w&m?
DrumsofWar
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by DrumsofWar »

Mucky wrote:Q> You had to have mined a whole base out yourself in order to build those 9000 orbital commands. That's a shitload of minerals being devoted to an observer. You know these games are long and drawn out, and those minerals could've made a huge difference had they gone in the hands of an actual player.

Look, I apologize on behalf of Blizzard for not only failing to allow observers on defeat, but also failing to allow in-game allied/shared vision in custom melee games. However, let's not try to compensate for this by having people who want to watch mine minerals just so they can make orbital commands. Ricky and RCX took the two referee slots. That means everyone else is a player, and their actions are going to have an impact on the entire game. Either play or leave.
Hay, I played.

Mesk: Not really, I kept massing a fleet every chance I had a minute to breathe. It just didn't help that someone figured out where it was and attacked me before I went past 50 Vikings.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

After I killed your main and vikings you just floated CC's around mining everywhere you could. I must have killed over a dozen of your ccs and you never had any army at that point.

Doing nothing but mining when you are clearly dead is bad form and I have nothing against killing you if you are doing that, because as far as I'm concerned you are impacting my ability to win by mining resources that I desperately need to keep up with my opponents. It isn't about not wanting you in the event, it's about not wanting you fucking with my shit when you are "obsing".

I don't see what the hell the point is in sticking around after you are dead anyway. You can't "ally at end" and grope each other's ballsack with the notation of a job well done. You're just lagging the game even more. I don't care if you just sit in a corner and do nothing but mining resources means you aren't obsing you are playing and you are fair game to be killed.

if you're going to do nothing but perform bad form then just leave.

Krazy -> I don't know of anything like that but here's how I would do it.

Event - Player controls no buildings (and workers probably)
Action - Set share vision with players 1-12 with triggering player (this is under Alliances)

Remove the defeat on structures trigger and add a trigger that defeats everyone that has no buildings when there is only one player with a building (or people can just leave if this is too painful to set up).
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Mucky »

DoW actually was trying to come back. Every now and then I'd discover a secret base of starports and vikings. He did float a ton of command centers, presumably to land in empty bases.
AA7Dragoon

Post by AA7Dragoon »

All right, let me weigh in on the situation.

Since we play downloaded custom FFA maps that support large numbers of players anyway, how about we alter our main ones to include a -surrender function? The player about to die can type -surrender, and observe for the rest of the game. Ricky already does it on his map. If someone wants to create a new map version of our FFA ones, it would be an easy fix and make everyone happy.

I would also like to suggest a little league tournament on Saturdays. The FFA's are fun, but it quickly comes down to 2-3 players that stay gridlocked for another 1-2 hours while everyone else is quickly defeated and waiting in the lobby. I would like to see Ricky organize some 1v1 or 2v2s so we can get more games in throughout the evening?

So basically, my proposals are:
1. Mod existing FFA maps to include a -surrender function for observing the rest of the game.
2. Allow for 1v1 or 2v2 games to give players more play time with each other rather than waiting for a 3-hour FFA to end.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Mucky wrote:DoW actually was trying to come back. Every now and then I'd discover a secret base of starports and vikings. He did float a ton of command centers, presumably to land in empty bases.
ok then I never saw anything besides cc's but watevs
Mr.

Post by Mr. »

Actually, there is an option, when making a game, for disabling locked alliances. You have to SCROLL DOWN in the options list to see it, but it's there. We could probably make observers with that, and sharing vision, JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Currently poking triggers to try to meet those demands.

While I could say do X or Y events/conditions over the forums, there are just a few too many subtle details to consider that might go wrong otherwise if someone that isn't reasonably used to do them actually do them.

A quick example would be that if you mass kill someone's units, it horribly lag for a while. If instead, you blindly mass remove, you also remove the refineries (thus the used vespene geysers vanishes) and so on.

EDIT : Ah yes, forgot Krazy's question. Supply Limit (as in the "cap of caps" of supplies reachable with supply structures) is modifiable via "Player Property" in the triggers.
New-/Hydrolisk
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by New-/Hydrolisk »

What if you killed the refineries and then mass removed all other units? Would that work? (Guessing it wouldn't, otherwise you would have done it.)
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

New-/Hydrolisk wrote:What if you killed the refineries and then mass removed all other units? Would that work? (Guessing it wouldn't, otherwise you would have done it.)
That's pretty much the plan. However since there are more subtle details like this, I rather prefer to trigger them and then allow others to download my triggers.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Food cap can be modified in the Race tab of the data editor.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

So I finally poked said triggers :

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=3288&p=42981#p42981

Feel free to test them and such to ensure they are fine.

EDIT : Added trigger to detect a player leaving the game by quitting normally.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Q, to be frank, you failed at being an observer, I saw so much crap in your base that I thought you were a player. In fact, I could of easily expanded early on, had I not figured you were some other player who left close to 200 or less minerals per patch. Frankly, you were being a jerk and you knew it. I wont be so forgiving next time, and I doubt others would as well.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

I just wanted to be able to see a little of what was going on. Obviously I vastly underestimated the offense caused by mining out that expansion slot. Fine, I won't do that again.

But me being a jerk? Really? I even lifted off when you wanted to expand and the CC's were in the way, and when I mentioned how you didn't even take the gas from my main yet, you said "I don't want any excuses". Then you were shooting my barracks claiming that you were "reducing lag" by trying to kick me out of the game.

Fine, I get how much you utterly hated what I did. It's just that you didn't have to go that far to make your point.