Defiler Bone Samples...

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Defiler Bone Samples...

Post by RazorclawX »

Last batch for now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

wtf that's a crazy looking carrier/bunch of bcs, where did you find those models? I've been digging through the editor for stuff like that and haven't seen any yet. I figured the spell animation was just on the regular carrier but I haven't gotten around to checking out yet. I'm trying to make a reskin of the Hybrid Destroyer but right now I'm not sure how to get a new skinned version into the game without bringing the m3 into 3ds max to change what textures it refers to or replacing the old one...
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

The Carrier and one of the Battlecruisers is from the Lost Viking minigame (so is the Swarm Guardian for that matter). They do have different animations than their normal counterparts (the Carrier is based off Selendis's Carrier which is bigger than the normal Carrier as well). The other Battlecruisers are models unhooked to anything in the Data editor (the one not shown is the Yamato Battlecruiser) except for the 'Infested' Battlecruiser, which is the Helios, Warfield's Battlecruiser in the campaign.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Ah. That explains it. I've got plans for that Carrier. Something about shooting black holes.
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Krazy »

So could you add Terra-tron, if you're getting sprites and animations from the Lost Vikings game?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Yes, but I'm not sure if he has the proper animations for a base unit (he sure didn't when they first announced him - his attacks never specifically targeted anything, they were just sequenced animations).

/edit

holy fuck is actordata confusing and messy, there's no way I'm going to figure out how to make a beam attack and use that spell animation with it... argh
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

The Terra-Tron is actually pretty useless without triggers. The Saw doesn't move by itself and the laser is entirely trigger-driven (it shoots an invisible unit which moves, thus moving the laser). There is a way to make the laser track without triggers, but it would always follow a certain path (refer to the Thermal Lances to get what I'm talking about).
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

The Saw can still be used if you give it more properties to act like a unit. When I think about it more it can be made to track things in a similar manner to the Reaver Scarab.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Ah yes, that energized sawblade I saw in a few screenshots (never got that far). Presumably you could use it for a spell attack, right? Like a boomerang, or Wild Axes?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

There's a trigger action to record movies in .ogg format. I believe what Blizzard did was set up the briefing movies in the maps, recorded them as .ogg, dummied out the triggers, then ran the movie as a texture in the briefing scene.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

It turns out those Movie functions are protected Blizzard actions. Oh well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riGMs-Di5as[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_UGUeja2t0[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APJzu4_-c_U[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L8s-p4lgOM[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLZDGcrMFwY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCSEE2dYXjU[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d47aFXBYcOQ[/youtube]
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

It turns out those Movie functions are protected Blizzard actions.
waaaah? That's retarded. I imagine there's a way to get past that though.

Cool videos, too.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Impressive... Very impressive.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I'm doing cleanup work before I release the mod.

The Upgrade editor is a major pain in the ass; I found it much easier to edit this in Textpad. This is the ONLY part of the editor where I found such a thing necessary.

Some entries in the Upgrade editor cause the Galaxy Editor to crash; I also devised fixes for these and they'll be included in the mod.

I ended up redoing Dark Swarm when someone pointed out to me that Point Defense Drone does exactly the same thing. I found out on the Point Defense Drone that there actually is a flag on one of the Effects that's called "Nullify Missile" which does exactly that. It's still going to retain the ugly green circle graphic, though, since there still isn't a good enough cloud graphic (I'm sure that'll come with Heart of the Swarm).

Kind of silly to figure this out now, but the Shadow Ops in the campaign is simply the Ghost Academy renamed-- not a separate unit as I originally thought.

Apparently the version of Raynor for "Piercing the Shroud" USED to have the ability to switch weapons, from his normal attack to a Gatling Gun to a Flame Thrower to a Plasma Gun. The Plasma Gun ended up still in the game as a charge weapon.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

You should probably still negate ranged damage in dark swarm since certain attacks can't be shot down (marines, roach , tank etc)