Defiler Bone Samples...

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Defiler Bone Samples...

Post by RazorclawX »

I am disappointed /sadpanda

Same for the Devourer tissue samples.

And for some reason there's Corsair unit sounds included with the game even though there's no Corsair unit. The sounds simply aren't attached to anything.

There are weapons and model information for a battlecruiser (using the Loki model) called Duke's Revenge. There's no unit associated with it, so I wonder if that was used or if it was a scrapped unit. It certainly didn't appear in any cutscene.

Finally, the Lurker is there in the editor, unit, sounds, weapon and all, but it's not used anywhere.

=====

Some misc things.

Grunty the Murloc Marine is hiding out in the Secret level, Piercing the Shroud.

There's also a Mini Diablo in the editor, but I haven't found where it appears in the campaign.

Finally, I'm sure everyone found the Tauren Marine already in the third mission.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Defiler Bone Samples...

Post by RazorclawX »

Supposedly the Mini Diablo is in the bottom corner of the lava level.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I found out if you use the Trigger Disable Achievements for Player, it always throws up a message saying you cheated when you start the map. It took me a while to figure that one out.

Word of advice to all you guys making non-melee based maps: DON'T use the Liberty Multiplayer library in your map. I'm fairly certain that's the one that will be getting changed every patch.
Last edited by RazorclawX on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Razorclaw X
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

I've started kicking around in the editor abit too, although I haven't found or figured out anything particularly interesting.

Really disappointed that Blizzard reneged on their promise to include all the old SC1 units in the game though. 

Regarding Duke's Revenge: the only thing I can think of is tha it became the Mercenary Battlecrusier Jackson's Revenge.  Similar name, and it also uses the Loki Battlecrusier model.
Frozty
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Frozty »

BTDubs... I'm sure the rest will all come along with their respective expansions.
[imgwh 500x100]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/FrozenTomato/Frozty21.jpg[/imgwh]
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

When they said they would include the SC1 models was that before or after they decided to make the game in 3 parts?
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Frozty wrote: BTDubs... I'm sure the rest will all come along with their respective expansions.
Yes, but I want them now, not in three or more years.
Xenon wrote: When they said they would include the SC1 models was that before or after they decided to make the game in 3 parts?
Both.  Pre-split announcement they promised that all the SC1 units that didn't make it would be in the game, then sometime after they made the "all SC1 units, all cut units and all gag units" promise, which they also didn't keep.  Except for the gag units, we still got those, so I guess that counts for something.
Ardis

Post by Ardis »

I don't recall hearing them say they were going to include models of ALL of the SC1 units, I remember them saying that any unit you see in any game footage or screenshots they released (even units that got canceled) will be, at the very least, available in the map editor before they announced the game would be released in three parts. And I would like to think the SC1 Protoss and Zerg units will be coming out with their expansions.

I was thinking about making a multiplayer map thing that lets you use all the campaign units and the upgrades you purchase there, but then I realized a lot of them would be a little overpowered. Goliaths would devastate Colossi because of their upgrade that lets them attack both air and ground targets simultaneously and since the Colossi is big enough that it's targeted as both ground and air, a Goliath can have both weapons firing away on one and kill it really fast. But it looks like I will have to wait until the full trilogy is out or wait until someone makes models for those units for public use and come up with some likely upgrades for each unit myself.
I'm not unstable.
Unstable implies that I could BECOME more dangerous than I am now.
Frozty

Post by Frozty »

Well, the only units they included in the editor this time were all the ones that are in the WoL campaign. That includes all the gag units, which can be found hidden in a few of the maps. Just be patient... This is going to be a long process, but it's not like we haven't been waiting for like 12 years or so anyway.
[imgwh 500x100]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/FrozenTomato/Frozty21.jpg[/imgwh]
The Cobaininator
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Post by The Cobaininator »

Frozty wrote: Well, the only units they included in the editor this time were all the ones that are in the WoL campaign. That includes all the gag units, which can be found hidden in a few of the maps. Just be patient... This is going to be a long process, but it's not like we haven't been waiting for like 12 years or so anyway.
I hope your right Frozty. I wouldn't want to wait another 12 years or so for them to finally do it right.
Frozty

Post by Frozty »

It certainly will not be another 12 years, but it may be about 2.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Ardis wrote: I don't recall hearing them say they were going to include models of ALL of the SC1 units, I remember them saying that any unit you see in any game footage or screenshots they released (even units that got canceled) will be, at the very least, available in the map editor before they announced the game would be released in three parts. And I would like to think the SC1 Protoss and Zerg units will be coming out with their expansions.
No, they said all, also informing users could create an SC2>SC1 mod easily with all available assets.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
JimmyJames
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by JimmyJames »

Frozty wrote: BTDubs... I'm sure the rest will all come along with their respective expansions.
I guess to be picky... Ms. Valkyrie got cut out of this Terran campaign :(. And the Medivac isn't exactly a dropship but this can be easily remedied...
"Welded to death, bad way to go."
-Not me
Ardis

Post by Ardis »

Lavarinth wrote:
Ardis wrote: I don't recall hearing them say they were going to include models of ALL of the SC1 units, I remember them saying that any unit you see in any game footage or screenshots they released (even units that got canceled) will be, at the very least, available in the map editor before they announced the game would be released in three parts. And I would like to think the SC1 Protoss and Zerg units will be coming out with their expansions.
No, they said all, also informing users could create an SC2>SC1 mod easily with all available assets.
Okay then. I guess I must not have seen that announcement.
I'm not unstable.
Unstable implies that I could BECOME more dangerous than I am now.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I found some models that are unused by anything in the data editor.

"Fatty" is the old Infestor model. It sucks as much as it looks, but it IS there like they said it would.

"Advanced Crane Machine" looks like a giant crane boss.

There are a few other Battlecruiser variants other than the Loki, one has a number of plasma guns installed on it and another looks like a flying candy bar. I believe the plasma gun version was initially a previous multiplayer upgrade if you don't buy the Yamato cannon.

"Drill Tank" which is probably the big drill in mobile version. It's a variant of the A.R.E.S. if you were wondering, or maybe it was the old model for the tank. It does look familiar.

===============

I made a simple arena and the Lurker seems very full functional. Then again it would've completely sucked to have made it from scratch, so I guess they really did us a favor with this one.

The Void Seeker still has all the old Star Relic animations, so one could potentially recreate it if they wanted.

Port Junker is the old Terran Nomad, the precursor to the Raven. It still has a Rally command for building units on it.

Dark Pylon is also there, it's even seen in part of the campaign.

There's a set of many Protoss units with a 'Dark' version; most of them were used in the campaign. Unfortunately the 'Dark Archon' isn't glowing red, it's glowing green. Also unfortunate is there's no Dark Collosus, Phoenix, Warp Ray, or Mothership.
-- Razorclaw X