Anyone beat Last Map on Brutal yet?

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Anyone beat Last Map on Brutal yet?

Post by RazorclawX »

Xelxiuz wrote: Also they fixed the shift queue snipe so you can't stack up energy and machine gun snipe with ghosts now, there is a delay in case that was what you were referring to. Otherwise I would have done so T_T it was one of my more enjoyable moves.
I don't know what you're talking about; you can mash the Snipe hotkey and spam click the target and they'll all take turns sniping her. Works the same way with the Yamato Cannon.

Last night I spammed Infested Terrans in the same way with my mass of Infestors, just to get the achievement.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Xelxiuz »

I don't mean multiple snipes coming from multiple ghosts, I meant one ghost rapid fire sniping like a machine gun like in beta where you can bring a full energy ghost down to around zero in less than 3-5 seconds or something. I recall it was possible with multiple ghosts as well so you can begin to understand the spike damage it could offer which might compare with say.....a bunch of spectres using psionic lash which is more than 4x as powerful as a snipe for a fraction of the time therefore saving you from taking additional damage? And that's on top of stun locking.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

On the Spectre the stun says it doesn't work on Hero units, so I don't know how you're managing to get it to work on Kerrigan.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Xelxiuz

Post by Xelxiuz »

I never tried it myself like I said so I wasn't sure T_T either way psionic lash is a better nuke in terms of spike damage, while it's a toss up for bonus damage against light/armored.

I personally only used thors/tanks and pretty much didn't touch infantry which was a bad move actually since they could fodder Kerrigan a lot easier in between my thor stuns, but I blame that more on my terrible playing.
superdoughboy4
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by superdoughboy4 »

RazorclawX wrote:
Xelxiuz wrote: I can't believe no one chose to cheese it by permastunning Kerrigan with Thors/Fungal.
No one thought to make a bunch of Ghosts and Snipe her all at once with them, either.
I did. And it didn't work TOO well. They do a butt load of damage, but I had no clue she was a detector so I had to continuously build more and more ghosts because she kept raping them all.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

Spells do 25% damage and everything else gets reduced to 6 (not sure how armor figures in.) 30 marines work well as long as they're stimmed and immediately moved out of the storm (actully razor swarm, a removed Queen ability), but that was on normal.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I killed her with marines without stim on brutal. Yeah, I never got stim. I just couldn't let her get close to the PF's because if one went down it was bad news. After I knew she had the shield I had to reload once because the PF died due to my sloppiness and that was it.

Some people suggested spamming the Thor's special ability but I didn't find it did a lot of damage nor stunned her for a long time, and I never had the spare gas to get more than 1-2 thors. You need like 5-6 thors to get through with that.

I did try mass vultures, like 20-30 of the damn things. Worked surprisingly terribly.
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

M&M is so overpowered in singleplayer indeed. I'm doing brutal campaign atm and I just build 3-4 barracks each mission and go mass M&M(mabye some more M) and have no problems yet whatsoever.

442K on Lost Viking though, damn!
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog