Patch 16 notes

User avatar

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8776
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby IskatuMesk » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Dweebs.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Black Dream
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:49 pm
Location: Scantid Fleet
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Black Dream » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Dweeby Nerds!

Or Nerdy Dweebs.
As the size of the explosion increases, the number of social situations it can not solve approaches zero.

User avatar

thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:17 am
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby thebrowncloud » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:57 pm

Maybe I'm just dumb, Xelxiuz, but I have serious trouble following what you are saying at times. I know you claim your argument isn't serious, but the fact that you are arguing screams hypocrisy. I'm not trying to criticize you or anything, I just don't get you.

Xelxiuz wrote:
Or maybe there's the fact that Human Kerrigan was only around for, like, four or five levels in Starcraft, and as far as I can tell, Wings of Liberty is taking place after the other 40 levels where she was infested.  I, for one, thought that you were talking about Infested Kerrigan before, since it had never even occurred to me that Human Kerrigan would be relevant.

Here's an example of the above. Zealot Fenix says you're wrong. Would you like a further explanation?


See, now I have no idea what you are talking about again. Are you saying there is a Fenix wallpaper that I don't know about? Is Fenix going to be featured in some shape or form in SC2? Or is it something else? Regardless, if it is one of the first two, please source! I would love to see that! :)
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw


Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Mr. » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:24 pm

thebrowncloud wrote:See, now I have no idea what you are talking about again. Are you saying there is a Fenix wallpaper that I don't know about? Is Fenix going to be featured in some shape or form in SC2? Or is it something else? Regardless, if it is one of the first two, please source! I would love to see that! :)


Yeah, see, I had no idea either.  I was just not going to get into it.
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth


Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:41 am
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Xelxiuz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:51 pm

thebrowncloud wrote:Maybe I'm just dumb, Xelxiuz, but I have serious trouble following what you are saying at times. I know you claim your argument isn't serious, but the fact that you are arguing screams hypocrisy. I'm not trying to criticize you or anything, I just don't get you.

Xelxiuz wrote:
Or maybe there's the fact that Human Kerrigan was only around for, like, four or five levels in Starcraft, and as far as I can tell, Wings of Liberty is taking place after the other 40 levels where she was infested.  I, for one, thought that you were talking about Infested Kerrigan before, since it had never even occurred to me that Human Kerrigan would be relevant.

Here's an example of the above. Zealot Fenix says you're wrong. Would you like a further explanation?


See, now I have no idea what you are talking about again. Are you saying there is a Fenix wallpaper that I don't know about? Is Fenix going to be featured in some shape or form in SC2? Or is it something else? Regardless, if it is one of the first two, please source! I would love to see that! :)


How can you people not follow this? This is the last time I give free answers.

The quote I wrapped makes a point that since Human Kerrigan was only around for four or five levels in vanilla SC and was overshadowed by her infested form, she isn't really "remembered". I am comparing her 4-5 levels worth to Fenix's zealot form which is half of that, yet nearly everyone will remember zealot Fenix and his portrait and even how vastly different his portrait is to the cinematic where he got owned by a hydralisk after his psi blades dropped their energizer bunnies.

THEREFORE, THE ORIGINAL QUOTE"S LOGIC IS INVALID.

Kids these days scare me. I've seen that new curriculum for English and now I know it's real. Fuck.


Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Mr. » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:34 pm

Yeah, no.
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth

User avatar

thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:17 am
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby thebrowncloud » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Xelxiuz wrote:The quote I wrapped makes a point that since Human Kerrigan was only around for four or five levels in vanilla SC and was overshadowed by her infested form, she isn't really "remembered". I am comparing her 4-5 levels worth to Fenix's zealot form which is half of that, yet nearly everyone will remember zealot Fenix and his portrait and even how vastly different his portrait is to the cinematic where he got owned by a hydralisk after his psi blades dropped their energizer bunnies.

WHAT?! What the hell are you talking about?! I don't think anyone but you could ever understand that logic. Who knows what Fenix looked like and not what Kerrigan looked like? Nobody, that's who. In order to even know who either character is, they need to have played SC1 in it's entirety. And people aren't going to buy the game and pop it in just to play the protoss campaign. That's retarded. Where do you get that idea from?
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw


Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Mr. » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:23 pm

I've concluded that Xel is high.
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth


Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:41 am
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Xelxiuz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:52 pm

thebrowncloud wrote:
Xelxiuz wrote:The quote I wrapped makes a point that since Human Kerrigan was only around for four or five levels in vanilla SC and was overshadowed by her infested form, she isn't really "remembered". I am comparing her 4-5 levels worth to Fenix's zealot form which is half of that, yet nearly everyone will remember zealot Fenix and his portrait and even how vastly different his portrait is to the cinematic where he got owned by a hydralisk after his psi blades dropped their energizer bunnies.

WHAT?! What the hell are you talking about?! I don't think anyone but you could ever understand that logic. Who knows what Fenix looked like and not what Kerrigan looked like? Nobody, that's who. In order to even know who either character is, they need to have played SC1 in it's entirety. And people aren't going to buy the game and pop it in just to play the protoss campaign. That's retarded. Where do you get that idea from?


You do realize you just supported my original point that you were arguing against right? If you read back previous posts, I am clearly the one in the direction of human Kerrigan being a fleshed out character enough that I can compare her from SC1 to SC2 and find they are two facially structured different people.

Then Poster B comes along and says no, because Kerrigan in human form ONLY appeared in 4-5 missions in the vanilla. Everything you are confused about is only pointing out how dumb that logic is which you JUST AGREED TO. Why is it so hard to follow a topic that is literally sitting there for you to review?

I don't even want to point out who Poster B is but if you took 5 minutes or less to look it up, you'll see how badly you failed.

And everyone knew how Fenix looked like. There was the god damn portrait. When you remember someone like say a family member, is the first thing to pop in your head their face? Or their back side? Cause one of them is illegal in most states.

I've concluded that Xel is high.


I conclude you are trolling.

Your homework browncloud is to make a POWER POINT of the TIME LINE of the MAJOR POINTS each poster has touched upon in this thread, mainly between me and Lav, then me and you.

I'll give you a giant hint on how to do well too. Since you clearly younger than most of us in forum speak your own personal experience of Starcraft does not matter and is not an accurate accessment to the context of which I am talking about. Look at it from the perspective of those who grew up on SC, on Blizzard themselves, and of diehard fans followed this crap.
Last edited by Xelxiuz on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8776
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby IskatuMesk » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:03 pm

wtf is going on in here
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.


Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Mr. » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:37 am

IskatuMesk wrote:wtf is going on in here


I don't think anyone but Xel has any idea.
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth

User avatar

thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:17 am
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby thebrowncloud » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:23 pm

Seeing as how your original point was that Kerrigan's portrait, as well as Nova's, don't look like the original, I don't see how I supported that by saying no one knows what Fenix looked like originally and not Kerrigan. And I didn't even say anything against that. I agree that they do look different, but your choice of words and the order in which you form them doesn't communicate your point well to others, which is why you and Lav worked together to deconstruct your statements. Congratulations! You won a one-sided argument! Here's a pie.

And the quote you took from Mr. wasn't saying that Kerrigan isn't memorable as a human. He was saying they didn't make a wallpaper of her like you suggested they do because the Queen of Blades is her primary role in StarCraft, whereas Nova is only Nova and has never been anything else. So the person who came up with the idea that she isn't remembered as much as Fenix, the zealot, was you. And saying Fenix as a zealot is just as memorable as Kerrigan is true, but the matter at hand is their medial displays, which feature their prominent roles. In the case of Fenix: his dragoon form. Kerrigan: her infested form. However, Infested Kerrigan is far more memorable than Fenix, the dragoon. The Queen of Blades has at least 10 different renditions, where human Kerrigan has 4. Fenix's forms are split down the middle with 2 each. So, in a sense, you are comparing apples to oranges. Protoss oranges.

I will admit that I did get confused once you quoted Mr. and I apologize for my negligence. But part of the quote he was responding to was you saying that:
Renditions are still based off of the concept arts and any officially releases from Blizzard, and that was one of them.

So, by that logic, this is an official concept/release:
Image
And so is this: (shield you eyes)
Image

I have been playing StarCraft since I was 6 years old. Diablo since I was 5. Diablo 2 since I was 8. WarCraft 3 since I was 11. I'm 18 right now. So, unlike most of you, I LITERALLY grew up with Blizzard. I've been playing their games since kindergarten and I've never stopped playing at least one of their games at least once a week. Just because I wasn't a member of an online community that rips shit on the games they love doesn't mean I'm not a diehard fan. Just because I don't think I know better than Blizzard doesn't mean I'm not passionate about their games. Like many of you, their games are the first place I go to escape from reality. But what makes me different is I don't want to change what they decide to do.

And, since I don't want to argue with you about something as trivial as aesthetics forever, I concede defeat on all fronts. You win.
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw

User avatar

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8776
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:33 pm

thebrowncloud wrote:You win.


YES! I WON! Hahahaha! In your face, suckers!
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator
Posts: 6579
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: His Ashworld Planet
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Lavarinth » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:46 am

What are you guys arguing about? Is Xel being irrational again?
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

User avatar

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8776
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby IskatuMesk » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Don't sweat it, Lav. I won, they lost. All that matters.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.


Return to “StarCraft II Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest