Patch 16 notes

User avatar

Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:29 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Xenon » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:25 pm

The minimum damage does apply to damage modifiers now. Previously you could make an upgraded Ultralisk take 0 damage from Marines when backed up with Guardian Shield.

Though you can set the minimum damage to 0 (default is 0.5), this throws a wrench into my plans, since I'm using damage modifiers to make certain units immune to damage and to prevent certain other units from being killed. I'd rather not have armor reduce damage to 0... maybe it's feasible to replace armor with a stacked damage modifier buff with a minimum damage, but it might not be worth the effort.

Also, the "between bounds" condition was fixed (the min and max values were previously mixed up). Had to fix triggers using that too.

I can't get the pathing grid or no-fly zones to be visible in the terrain editor.

User avatar

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Ricky_Honejasi » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:36 pm

Any possibility to detect the "missile source" for damage?

If so, you detect a specific missile source and the damage dealt is 0.5 then you might make triggers so that it ignore damage or give back 0.5 HP or Shields. Of course, it might end up being more complex (as usual).

User avatar

Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:29 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Xenon » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:10 pm

The damage source doesn't matter. Certain units need to have "fatal" damage negated, HP set to 1 and given a buff that renders them invulnerable and unable to do anything. From what I've seen of damage events they fire after the damage is applied, meaning they can't prevent the damage from killing the unit.

User avatar

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8776
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby IskatuMesk » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:36 pm

I could never get rain emitters to actually show rain in the editor.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:29 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Xenon » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:48 pm

Now that I've tested it, the invulnerable buff appears to be blocking the kill anyway. I can fully damageproof other units with really high hp/regen rates.

Buying items (basically training units that are items) uses the resources of the shop owner. It worked correctly before, I don't know whether the patch changed it or if something I did messed it up.


Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Mr. » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:02 pm

Yeah, I'm kinda mad about the reducing damage to 1 thing, too.  Because I had an ability that was supposed to subtract 10 damage from all attacks, and it used to bring 10 damage down to zero, now it's one, and it's driving me crazy.  Not crazy enough to attempt to fix it yet, but yeah.
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth

User avatar

Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:29 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Xenon » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:23 pm

There's a "modify minimum damage" checkbox for the damage response I never bothered to figure out before. Enabling it appears to bypass the default minimum damage.

User avatar

Master Jademus Sreg
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:32 am
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Master Jademus Sreg » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:55 am

Shift+H displays the pathing layer. Ctrl+Shift+H displays the building placement grid. H pulls up the pathing layer editing tools.
No more humans, please.


Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:41 am
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Xelxiuz » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:47 pm

thebrowncloud wrote:
Xelxiuz wrote:
IskatuMesk wrote:Love the look of the hero units I've seen so far.


You mean like how they took Kerrigan, made her pretty ugly, then said oh wait she's the main character and Nova still has dat ass and took her portrait and made it more ugly to cover it up?

But yeah everything looks about right.

I dare you to make less sense.


Easy. Just log onto battle net and look at their portraits. I thought they were going with the whole facebook thing, why the hell do they not know how to take selcas? Everyone's frowning like they were all hit by AOE downs syndrome.

User avatar

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator
Posts: 6579
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: His Ashworld Planet
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Lavarinth » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Xelxiuz wrote:
thebrowncloud wrote:
Xelxiuz wrote:
IskatuMesk wrote:Love the look of the hero units I've seen so far.


You mean like how they took Kerrigan, made her pretty ugly, then said oh wait she's the main character and Nova still has dat ass and took her portrait and made it more ugly to cover it up?

But yeah everything looks about right.

I dare you to make less sense.


Easy. Just log onto battle net and look at their portraits. I thought they were going with the whole facebook thing, why the hell do they not know how to take selcas? Everyone's frowning like they were all hit by AOE downs syndrome.


That didn't explain anything at all.

You mean like how they took Kerrigan, made her pretty ugly, then said oh wait she's the main character and Nova still has dat ass and took her portrait and made it more ugly to cover it up?


Allow me to seperate your statements.

You mean like how they took Kerrigan, made her pretty ugly, then said oh wait she's the main character

And.
Nova still has dat ass and took her portrait and made it more ugly to cover it up


So with Kerrigan, you are saying they "made her pretty ugly" and after said "oh wait she's the main character." This was relative to the statement you were quoting, which was "Love the look of the hero units I've seen so far." So, in return you are saying "she's the main character, and they made her pretty ugly," I suppose. Yet, you end your statement with "but yeah everything looks about right." I assume the "about" means Kerrigan does not look right to you, however the developers never changed the look of Kerrigan ever since they announced StarCraft 2, actually prior to this when they released her statue, so where did they have an epiphany of realizing she is the main character so they must do something about her looking pretty ugly?

Moving onto Nova, you state she 'still has dat ass,' although we have no seen a single development render of Nova aside her in-game unit which does not include her portrait. We have, however, seen Sarah's portrait which I presume you are confusing with Nova's. Her unit is absolutely not a high quality rendition of Nova, thus you can't exactly make out 'dat ass.' As mentioned, you state they counter her 'ass' with a portrait of her, and purposely make it more ugly to cover it up. Although, the portrait of her, to my knowledge, would obviously be of her face. And while it may be ugly, it is not exactly covering up 'dat ass.' Though, to my knowledge as mentioned, they have not shown us Nova's portrait.

I am confused, Xealxiuz! Help us, elaborate!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator


Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:41 am
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Xelxiuz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:31 am

That didn't explain anything at all.


Go fraps your attempt at it and I'll believe you <3

IskatuMesk wrote:[spoiler=DON'T CLICK THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS]
Image
Image
Image
Image[/spoiler]


Second row, 4th from the left is Kerrigan. The only red head chick from a glance so unless you are going to contest this I'm moving on.

Row starting with ghost, 2 unit portraits later we see Nova.

Moving onto Nova, you state she 'still has dat ass,' although we have no seen a single development render of Nova aside her in-game unit which does not include her portrait.


If this statement is what I think it is and I am not grammatically challenged I believe you implied that we have not seen Nova's portrait yet which has just been shown. If you want to log into Bnet you can also see the exact portrait I've chosen be titled "Nova" under portrait rewards. If you do not wish to spoil yourself, please stop arguing.

Moving on.

So with Kerrigan, you are saying they "made her pretty ugly" and after said "oh wait she's the main character." This was relative to the statement you were quoting, which was "Love the look of the hero units I've seen so far." So, in return you are saying "she's the main character, and they made her pretty ugly," I suppose.


You mean like how they took Kerrigan, made her pretty ugly, then said oh wait she's the main character [glow=red,2,300]and Nova still has dat ass[/glow] [shadow=red,left]and took her portrait and made it more ugly to cover it up?[/shadow]


The first quote is yours and how you depicted my statement. The second quote is mine which I will now break down as simple as possible.

Bold = Blizzard taking the ghetto pixel Kerrigan from SC1 and everyone's nostalgic/imaginary image of her

Italic = Rendered her with in the trailer somewhat hideously with regards to facial structures of her portrait in SC1 (We have discussed this) and now even the portrait itself has some giant pair of frown lips. Take away the hair, zoom in and you basically get a butch. What's interesting is the giant contrast of the girl to the right who while not remotely smoking hot is definitely at least trying to look like a girl from a gaming marketing point of view. I have no idea who she is and will assume she is some civilian who gets killed by the end of the campaign. If you wish to take this to 4chan they will most likely be able to take Kerrigan's portrait and deconstruct it enough to show that it's the face of a man.

Underlined = Blizzard realizes she's the main slut who's going to get her zergerella heels and therefore other competition must be taken care of because enhancing her looks is too hard without making it into a cheap porn game.

Glow = Refer to that nova wallpaper where everyone complains about her suit glued to her ass. Take note that she does show her face. Take note that her face is relatively detailed and is also not so butch. Not saying she's hot, but she's not a man.

Shadow (Doesn't seem to work booo) = Realizing that in-game models will never be capable of rendering the ass of the wallpaper, all Blizzard has to do is adjust Nova's upcoming portrait to suck just as hard, which is basically do it normally. Voila.

Yet, you end your statement with "but yeah everything looks about right."


Refers to the results being typical of Blizzard. Or have they won a best graphics or most realistic character award yet in the last decade? It's not their cup of tea, and this statement simply affirms it. Doesn't mean no one should be allowed to criticize them anyways what with how much they've grown and all. Or are the portraits meant to be cartoony like WoW and emphasis features? Like the big frown lips? Cause I think Finding Nemo did that. Lastly this end statement also is meant to show I'm clearly not being negative or remotely serious.

however the developers never changed the look of Kerrigan ever since they announced StarCraft 2, actually prior to this when they released her statue, so where did they have an epiphany of realizing she is the main character so they must do something about her looking pretty ugly?


News to me. They made a statue of her? Like pre-Queen of Blades? How does it compare to Nova's ugly statue? The advantage of 2D is that you are allowed specific viewing angles without having to compromise, and the comparison between the nova wallpaper and statue is easily proof.

Moving onto Nova, you state she 'still has dat ass,' although we have no seen a single development render of Nova aside her in-game unit which does not include her portrait.


Wallpaper. Google. Go. Debating about whether or it's an ass or a butt has no meaning either so don't try. Renditions are still based off of the concept arts and any officially releases from Blizzard, and that was one of them. Whether or not they are capable of transitioning from 2D to 3D is another matter. The fact that they didn't make a similar wallpaper for Pre-Queen Kerrigan only tells you how much lack of confidence they have with her old image. You are from my limited knowledge of CC, one of the most knowledgeable members about anything Blizzard so I do not understand where you don't "get it".

And while it may be ugly, it is not exactly covering up 'dat ass.'


Again, in-game models are not good enough to even retain such features because from a scrubs glance the portrait renditions should be of a higher quality than in-game models. Face takes priority then. Natural order of logic. Applies heavily in SC1 and still applies in Wc3 and SC2.

I am confused, Xealxiuz! Help us, elaborate!


I'm the last person that would be a zealot of anything, because in order to be one I would have to be serious about it first in order to go overboard. Unfortunately this is just my -_- face.

So you can see why I value stuff like IskatuMesk PSA 3 so much. Or can you? Well that's for homework and no the answers will not be revealed even if you don't do it.


Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Mr. » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:16 am

Xelxiuz wrote:You are from my limited knowledge of CC, one of the most knowledgeable members about anything Blizzard so I do not understand where you don't "get it".


Probably because, fyi, what you said before really made no sense to anyone who wasn't you.  Note how you had to make a gigantic post explaining your single sentence.  Also...

The fact that they didn't make a similar wallpaper for Pre-Queen Kerrigan only tells you how much lack of confidence they have with her old image.


Or maybe there's the fact that Human Kerrigan was only around for, like, four or five levels in Starcraft, and as far as I can tell, Wings of Liberty is taking place after the other 40 levels where she was infested.  I, for one, thought that you were talking about Infested Kerrigan before, since it had never even occurred to me that Human Kerrigan would be relevant.

Actually, it never occurred to me that anything about the entire subject of discussion here would be relevant to anything ever.  So what am I doing.
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth

User avatar

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator
Posts: 6579
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: His Ashworld Planet
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Lavarinth » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Thanks for clarifying, that was much more informative.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator


Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:41 am
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby Xelxiuz » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Probably because, fyi, what you said before really made no sense to anyone who wasn't you.  Note how you had to make a gigantic post explaining your single sentence.  Also...


That particular quote you have is pointing at me pointing out Nova's wallpaper that features a skin tight suit emphasising her ass, something which I recall was posted and flocked by nearly everyone on this board at one point in time. I am not responsible for anyone's memory failing.

If you mean my earlier posts, =] well it's served its purpose and good on you to notice. That's half a mark.

Or maybe there's the fact that Human Kerrigan was only around for, like, four or five levels in Starcraft, and as far as I can tell, Wings of Liberty is taking place after the other 40 levels where she was infested.  I, for one, thought that you were talking about Infested Kerrigan before, since it had never even occurred to me that Human Kerrigan would be relevant.


Here's an example of the above. Zealot Fenix says you're wrong. Would you like a further explanation?

Thanks for clarifying, that was much more informative.


8)!

User avatar

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 1595
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:19 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Patch 16 notes

Postby RazorclawX » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:28 pm

Nerds.
Image
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future


Return to “StarCraft II Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest