Yet another Blizzard blunder

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: Yet another Blizzard blunder

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Hunter_Killers wrote: You couldn't change it before either without contacting Blizzard IIRC, theres no retarded conspiracy going on its just them being incapable of seeing its a gaming platform not a social platform.
Ah, didn't know since I never needed to change it.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Blizzard is out to steal your information and sell it to Facebook and any advertiser who's got the pocket change! Quick, delete your account before it's too late!
Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Theia_Loki »

At least it's not as severe as giving out your IP adress or social security number exposed.
That's one of the very very very few relieving points I've noticed.

Then again, I don't even use facebook so that still leaves me anonymous (if only slightly).
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"
~Henry Drummond, Lawyer from Inherit the Wind

First Time Attempt at an LP:
[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Mr. »

Hunter_Killers wrote:its just them being incapable of seeing its a gaming platform not a social platform.
Even Facebook lets you change your name.

I put my name in as "a a" on battle net when I first signed up for it.  Afterwards, I looked at it, and wanted to change it to my real name, since I had all of my cd keys tied to it, and at the time, I trusted Blizzard with information.  But I couldn't change it.  As it turns out, that was a good thing.  For me, anyway.  Sucks for everyone else who can't.  Is there even a way to delete an account?  To remove the cd keys from an account, so that you can make a new on and transfer them?  I kinda doubt it.
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Turn Cali into a smoking crater in the ground.

People have been constantly pointing fingers at Activision but after what someone told me I'm not sure it's Activision doing this stuff. I don't know who but I'm pretty sure Blizzard's just been this stupid all along and only now are really letting it show (lol brett wood @ TFT release)
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by thebrowncloud »

Mr. wrote:
Hunter_Killers wrote:its just them being incapable of seeing its a gaming platform not a social platform.
Even Facebook lets you change your name.

I put my name in as "a a" on battle net when I first signed up for it.  Afterwards, I looked at it, and wanted to change it to my real name, since I had all of my cd keys tied to it, and at the time, I trusted Blizzard with information.  But I couldn't change it.  As it turns out, that was a good thing.  For me, anyway.  Sucks for everyone else who can't.  Is there even a way to delete an account?  To remove the cd keys from an account, so that you can make a new on and transfer them?  I kinda doubt it.
If you don't touch your account for 90 days, I believe it gets deleted. At least it did for me in WC3
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

He meant Battle.net accounts, which don't get deleted.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Xelxiuz

Post by Xelxiuz »

Fake names are delicious.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

IskatuMesk wrote: People have been constantly pointing fingers at Activision but after what someone told me I'm not sure it's Activision doing this stuff. I don't know who but I'm pretty sure Blizzard's just been this stupid all along and only now are really letting it show (lol brett wood @ TFT release)
Someone made a sacrifice to the dollar gods.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Master Jademus Sreg
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor

Post by Master Jademus Sreg »

Good news: [URL=http://"http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=13816839821&sid=1"]The forums will not yet implement RealIDs.
No more humans, please.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Peer pressure always wins.

Now we just need LAN, mod support, and a functional gaming service.