Hope for sc2!

Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Re: Hope for sc2!

Post by Marco »

Although there is some community outrage, I hope it also brings about some really fantastic maps.  Money can be a fantastic motivator, much more so than recognition.  Imagine a wide selection of high quality maps (ex:  DOTA) to play.  As always, vote with your wallet.
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/anise.mp3]Anise McConnell[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/bryce.mp3]Bryce Littlefield[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/issac.mp3]Issac Rangel[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/tyson.mp3]Tyson Reznor[/url]

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Mucky »

Marco wrote: high quality maps (ex:  DOTA)
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Marco wrote:high quality maps (ex:  DOTA)
Unfortunately for that, I fear you will have to accept my challenge to fight me on a SC2 custom game to make up for this.
Master Jademus Sreg
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor

Post by Master Jademus Sreg »

Popularity != Quality
No more humans, please.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Mucky wrote:
Marco wrote: high quality maps (ex:  DOTA)
AA7Dragoon

Post by AA7Dragoon »

Did you know it was a battle.net chat room that changed my life?  One moment, completely changed everything.

When I was 13, I logged into battle.net.  I noticed a special avatar by the name of a player and asked him about it.  He told me what it meant, then we started talking about his StarCraft clan.  I joined the clan, then met another clan leader we were in alliance with.  That clan leader eventually became my clan leader and we were friends online for years.  When I was 17, we were randomly chatting online and he told me of this online social networking website.  Curious, I went there.  Shortly afterwards, my ex of many years messaged me off of there.  In that part of my life, I moved away from my family, went to a different college out of state, and have now matured into the life I have now.

All because of that moment, that abstract, brief moment of just happening to log into that battle.net chat room at the right moment, right time.  To this day, it still blows me away.

So yes, I am disappointed Blizzard is being stubborn about chatrooms.  They really do develop a community, and can open up opportunities for people everywhere.  My life changed in amazing directions, and I hope someone else like me can experience the same from the chance opportunity of connecting with players who love and share the passion of StarCraft.
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Marco »

Master Jademus Sreg wrote: Popularity != Quality
Personal Opinion = Quality?
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/anise.mp3]Anise McConnell[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/bryce.mp3]Bryce Littlefield[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/issac.mp3]Issac Rangel[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/tyson.mp3]Tyson Reznor[/url]

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield
Master Jademus Sreg

Post by Master Jademus Sreg »

Quality should hardly be a matter of opinion; it should be a technical appraisal of production and execution.
No more humans, please.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Marco wrote:
Master Jademus Sreg wrote: Popularity != Quality
Personal Opinion = Quality?
Truth = Quality
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

AA7Dragoon wrote: Did you know it was a battle.net chat room that changed my life?  One moment, completely changed everything.

When I was 13, I logged into battle.net.  I noticed a special avatar by the name of a player and asked him about it.  He told me what it meant, then we started talking about his StarCraft clan.  I joined the clan, then met another clan leader we were in alliance with.  That clan leader eventually became my clan leader and we were friends online for years.  When I was 17, we were randomly chatting online and he told me of this online social networking website.  Curious, I went there.  Shortly afterwards, my ex of many years messaged me off of there.  In that part of my life, I moved away from my family, went to a different college out of state, and have now matured into the life I have now.

All because of that moment, that abstract, brief moment of just happening to log into that battle.net chat room at the right moment, right time.  To this day, it still blows me away.

So yes, I am disappointed Blizzard is being stubborn about chatrooms.  They really do develop a community, and can open up opportunities for people everywhere.  My life changed in amazing directions, and I hope someone else like me can experience the same from the chance opportunity of connecting with players who love and share the passion of StarCraft.
If it wasn't for chat rooms, I'd of never found my little sister, Anny.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
chorale
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by chorale »

Lavarinth wrote:

eeee.. What ??? did you lose your sister at some point ?... how someone can lose his sister ?..
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

chorale wrote:
Lavarinth wrote:

eeee.. What ??? did you lose your sister at some point ?... how someone can lose his sister ?..
You wouldn't understand, sir.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

chorale > I forgot that my basement still had a batmobile in it.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Master Jademus Sreg wrote: Quality should hardly be a matter of opinion; it should be a technical appraisal of production and execution.
nothing is as subjective as appraisal.

therefore, quality = personal opinion. true, it may the opinion of a number of a persons, but quality is very much a matter of opinion.
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

You guys would shit bricks when you learn of ISO:9000. Most quality standards are "measurable".
_-|-_