SC2 Plot Prediction

SaintKerrigan
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

SC2 Plot Prediction

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I'm making a guess about certain plot elements in SC2 (the entire trilogy). If you don't want to be spoiled by mad speculation, don't read on. You have been warned.
Spoiler
I predict that Raynor will become infested -- possibly by choice -- at the end of SC2: Wings of Liberty. In Heart of the Swarm, Raynor becomes Kerrigan's new Duran and remains the player character. At the end of Heart of the Swarm, the Protoss come in and de-infest Raynor, and possibly Kerrigan as well, transitioning between HotS and Legacy of the Void. Raynor works with the Protoss in LotV to unite all factions and races to face the return of the Xel'Naga (or whoever Blizzard drags up to threaten everything). If Kerrigan is de-infested, then a side plotline involves reconciliation with Raynor and the others.
Tremble before my wrath!
Falchion
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Re: SC2 Plot Prediction

Post by Falchion »

Obviously it'll be more Deus Ex driven:  Several endings, depending on choice.
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

SaintKerrigan

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I'm pretty sure Blizzard stated somewhere or other that there were divergent paths within the game, but they'd all coalesce into a singular ending to facilitate smooth transition into the next game.

Edit: Sorry if I missed the joke. It usually happens with me.
Tremble before my wrath!
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Dude, I already told you what the plot is. Do you dare question my infinite wisdom and insight?
Falchion
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Post by Falchion »

Aye, I dare Mesk.  As I dare thou to finish TOA!!!
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Falchion wrote: Obviously it'll be more Deus Ex driven
If by Deus Ex driven you meant Deus Ex Machina driven, then yes, it probably will. I know that's not what you meant, though.
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

Wings of Liberty:
Spoiler
Raynor is hired to find the Mysterious Alien Artifacts, and is later informed by Zeratul that they ARE THE KEY TO THE END OF ALL THINGS.  It turns out that they guy who hired him to find the Artifacts in the first place is Valarian Mengsk, who's planning to use their power to help usher in a kinder, gentler Terran Dominion.  Raynor is skeptical, he's heard this sort of thing before.  One way or another (either with Raynor's cooperation, or by stealing the Artifacts from Raynor), Valarian ends up with most of the Artifacts Raynor found during the campaign.  With the Artifacts under his control, Valarian kills his father and takes over the Dominion and reveals his allegiance to Duran and his Hybrids.  The Hybrids are unleashed on the Sector.
Heart of the Swarm:
Spoiler
The Zerg Swarm is in disarray thanks to the arrival of the Hybrids, with pieces of it falling under their sway.  Kerrigan is desperate to retain control of the Swarm, and not fall under the sway of Duran and the Hybrids, so she's searching for a way to increase her power.  So naturally Kerrigan goes off in search of the Artifacts Zeratul's been so keen on.  After finding a bunch of her own, she goes after Valarian and the Dominion (possibly trying to ally with Jim and the others, but meeting with predictable results).  She kills Valarian and steals his Artifacts, but Valarian is resurected by Duran as a Terran/Protoss/Zerg Hyrbid.
Legacy of the Void
Spoiler
The Dominion is a mess and is falling apart with Mengsk dead and Valarian being a Zombie Hybrid.  Kerrigan and Duran are busy duking it out all throughout Terran space, with neither side gaining the upper hand.  Jim and Zeratul bring together the remaining Artifacts not held by Duran or Kerrigan together on Shakuras.  This causes problems because now Kerrigan and Duran are both heading for Shakuras to grab the remaining Artifacts so they can take down the other.  Executrix Selendis is now scrambling to get the forces required to defend Shakuras, and runs around getting various Protoss Tribes to help out.  The final battle takes place on Shakuras, resulting in a large three-way battle between the Protoss (+Raynor's Raiders), Kerrigan's Zerg Swarm and Duran's forces.  Kerrigan's forces are overrun by Duran and she surrenders to the Raynor.  Raynor backstabs her and steals her Artifacts and sacrifices himself to destroy Duran and his Hyrbids.  The End.
SaintKerrigan

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Oi! That's just as good as mine!
Spoiler
Infested Raynor still owns. :)
Tremble before my wrath!
Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Xelxiuz »

IskatuMesk wrote: Dude, I already told you what the plot is. Do you dare question my infinite wisdom and insight?
I dare you to play with me, Ricky, and Mucky in 4v4 for epic lulz.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Xelxiuz wrote:I dare you to play with me, Ricky, and Mucky in 4v4 for epic lulz.
It would be nice but really NOT during Patch 13 for sure. Patch 13 is ridiculously broken for their netcode making lag even at times that shouldn't and such, all without mentioning the friend ID adding aspect of this patch.
Aegis
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Aegis »

I guess that's why it's called a dare. O.O

And the only predictions I care are:
Spoiler
poontang and the keys to the end all things.
There's nothing else for me to know. ;p
Crap, dung, and everything that stands alone...
chorale
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by chorale »

Pfff.. Your idea of SC2 plot are... just random ! i got the best one. !
Spoiler
Raynor is killed by Duran at the end of the terran campaign. Then in the Zerg campaign Kerrigan is slain by Duran. And in the protoss campaign Raynor is back in a protoss dragoon shell and with the help of the protoss kill duran in an epic fight by detonating himself to blow duran Battleship above orbit.
That would be original at least :O
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

Thalraxal wrote: Wings of Liberty:

Heart of the Swarm:

Legacy of the Void
This kinda reminds me of the VotF series. lol
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

oh my god I need to 4v4 with some CC oldies and especially mesk
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Mr. »

Whiplash! wrote: oh my god I need to 4v4 with some CC oldies and especially mesk
We've been trying.  So far, the results have been painful.  (lol infinite lag in every single game)
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth