Patch 8

Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Patch 8

Post by Alevice »

General

Korea
    Added support to display the game rating information on the login screen.

Balance Changes

TERRAN

Thor
        Build time decreased from 75 seconds to 60 seconds.

Siege Tank
        Build time decreased from 50 seconds to 45 seconds.

Marauder
        Concussive Shells now require an upgrade.

Barracks Tech Lab
        Concussive Shells upgrade added.
        Concussive Shells upgrade costs 100/100 and takes 80 seconds to complete.

PROTOSS

Void Ray
        Changed to only have 2 damage levels instead of 3. Still takes the same amount of time to fully charge.
        Base damage changed from 2 (+4 armored) to 5.
        Powered-up damage changed from 8 (+16 armored) to 10 (+15 armored).
        Armor value decreased from 1 to 0.
        Cost increased from 200/150 to 250/150.

ZERG

Roach
        Burrowed move speed decreased from 2 to 1.4.
        Armor value decreased from 2 to 1.

Hydralisk
        Life decreased from 90 to 80.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23094049316&sid=5000#8
_-|-_
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Re: Patch 8

Post by Alevice »

In short, terran mech buff, less void rays specialization, roach nerf and good fucking lord, hydra nerf.

Seriously, they should swap Hydras and Roaches places in the tech tree. Roaches really should keep their intended role, just not having them available as soon as it is right now. Plus everyone but zerg have AA on tier 1.5
_-|-_
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I find myself being the spore colony things now thanks to no AA. The Queen gets demolished quickly, if only she could still fly, hah.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by thebrowncloud »

I actually thought this was a somewhat productive patch in comparison to the others. By no means will it fix the things that need to get fixed, but the marauder nerf was certainly a welcome update, making early game somewhat better. The void ray price hike was disappointing, though. Now my speed rays won't come nearly as fast as they used to.... :(
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Falchion
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Post by Falchion »

IMO, what we really need and I'd really apreciate are more hydra nerfs and SERIOUS marine buffs.
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I'd prefer boost in health and let things live longer.
- - Lavarinth
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

Lavarinth wrote: I'd prefer boost in health and let things live longer.
Or nerf damage and attack speeds instead of turning this into WC3.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

Falchion wrote: IMO, what we really need and I'd really apreciate are more hydra nerfs and SERIOUS marine buffs.
Ugh, as far as I can tell MMM is already the be-all end-all for Terran, thank you very much.
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

I personally am glad for the Marauder nerf. It was indeed necessary. But even with the mech buff, it does seem MMM is still a way too destructive force.

I dont see why hydras need to be nerfed, at least while they still are tier 2. They are too much of a glass cannon that even nerfed PsiStorm hurts them badly (if they dont move they can be killed by it). I stand by my opinion that Rocahes and Hydras are badly placed in the zerg tech tiers.

A queen boost in health or armor or smth would be greatly appreciated, even if it was a later upgrade.

I'm at odds with the void ray. Personally, even with the nerfs, I still fijnd them very effective at their intended role, so I guess that is a good thing.

IMO they still need to fucking address the tedium macro boosts are. Only the Terrans got any sort of interesting stuff when it comes to diversity. Zerg options are still basically Larvas (and only use a single tumour in case there is quite enough energy remaining on the Queen). Protoss' is boring as fuck. And they fail at the intended objective of not being game breaking and interesting to do.
_-|-_
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

they keep buffing metal in the wrong places, it isn't build time that's lacking, it's the stupidly high supply costs and hellions being nigh-useless outside of harassment.

+ banshees being supremely cost ineffective and also costing 3 supply.
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

I disagree on banshees. There is a reason massing them is called bancheese. But I agree on the costs issue.

The way I see it, i would lower Hellion cooldown, buff siege tanks armor, and make the thor somehow worth investing against zerg :P
_-|-_
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

wibod wrote:
Lavarinth wrote: I'd prefer boost in health and let things live longer.
Or nerf damage and attack speeds instead of turning this into WC3.
Oh yeah, that too.
- - Lavarinth
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Mucky »

this is what terran needs

SCVS: Have 60 health again.
MARINES: Down to 40 health. Maybe buff its shield upgrade.
MARAUDERS: Now have 60 health, cost 50 minerals, 25 gas, and 1 supply.
REAPERS: Now cost 50 minerals, 25 gas, and have reduced build time.
MEDIVACS: Changed back to dropships because medivacs are ASS compared to medics.
MEDICS: Back in the game.
SIEGE TANKS: Now cost 150 minerals, 100 gas, and 2 supply.
THORS: Now cost 300 minerals, 150 gas, and 4-6 (whatever supply it costs right now is fine, but I forget)
BANSHEES: Removed from the game because its existence invokes this stupid-ass C&C feel to Terran which needs to stay out of SC.
VIKINGS: Can attack air while in ground form ala goliaths because terran doesn't have enough anti-air options.

end wish list
Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Theia_Loki »

Shouldn't the Banshee have fast movement? The lore behind them mentions them being fast response aerial units and yet they have normal movement speed in spite of that.

Something tells me Browder has his head up his ass too far (or his brain has been replaced with his spleen).
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"
~Henry Drummond, Lawyer from Inherit the Wind

First Time Attempt at an LP:
[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
Falchion
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Post by Falchion »

Mucky wrote: this is what terran needs

SCVS: Have 60 health again.
MARINES: Down to 40 health. Maybe buff its shield upgrade.
MARAUDERS: Now have 60 health, cost 50 minerals, 25 gas, and 1 supply.
REAPERS: Now cost 50 minerals, 25 gas, and have reduced build time.
MEDIVACS: Changed back to dropships because medivacs are ASS compared to medics.
MEDICS: Back in the game.
SIEGE TANKS: Now cost 150 minerals, 100 gas, and 2 supply.
THORS: Now cost 300 minerals, 150 gas, and 4-6 (whatever supply it costs right now is fine, but I forget)
BANSHEES: Removed from the game because its existence invokes this stupid-ass C&C feel to Terran which needs to stay out of SC.
VIKINGS: Can attack air while in ground form ala goliaths because terran doesn't have enough anti-air options.

end wish list
My opinion for terrans is making them also more VERSATILE:  TWO WEAPONS AT ONCE, like I'm planning for the Geos in Duality.

- MARINES:  Now obtain 50 health and a secondary, tech-needed weapon: Grenades, which slow down enemy units and do 15-20 damage.  Tech costs 100M/150G and it's done on Tech Lab.
- MARAUDERS:  Removed from the game, it's grenade attack redefined as secondary for Marines.  Model has been re-skinned and given back a dual flamethrower attack, renamed the Firebat.
- MEDIVACS:  Has now the Spreadfire Rocket pods upgrade, a Valkyrie-ish AA weapon which does 15 splash for countering Zerg air.
- BANSHEES:  In order to make rights for it's expensive costs, will raise it's build time to 120, be given back it's splash ground attack, and a slow, gradual acceleration, making players have to keep Banshees moving to have advantage of full speed.
- HELLIONS:  Flame and model are now removed from the game, replaced by the Vulture II (or Vult-II), which now has a MG attached on it's front, effective vs workers, and can lay back Spider mines.
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link