Patch 8

chorale
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: Patch 8

Post by chorale »

Marauder are Overpowered right now. they just need the marine to support them. We no longer see marines attack. they no longer have the primary role in anything.....

ho right.. Marauder got nerfed.. hum how ?.. just by puting one of their skill as an upgrade ? big deal, you get the same result in end-line cause once you are upgraded, they are back as before.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I get the feeling you never watched ZvT professional games in the original starcraft because your post doesn't make a lick of sense. Why are you even talking about scouts...? Who the hell makes scouts to fight marines?

Zerglings... strong? In sc2?

r u cereal

They do like... 2/3 the dps of the original sc1 and many units have 2-3x the life of their sc1 counterparts. And adrenaline glands got massively nerfed. Their only good points is the new pathing and the fact they're stupidly fast. If anything they need their attack speed buffed and movement speed reduced, and adrenaline glands needs to actually be useful again. Oh, and the HP for many units needs to be dropped to half of their current or less than half.

Zealots got nerfed because of WoW players whining about 3-gate.
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Mucky »

I actually found a use for Zerglings in one incredibly obscure situation!

In 2v2s on Twilight Fortress, if neither of the two opposing races is Terran, I can go for a +1 melee zergling rush. I start by spending my first 100 gas on +1 melee and my second 100 gas on zergling speed. They finish at roughly the same time - about 5 minutes into the game - and then we charge in. Usually the other guys will only have Zerglings/Roaches or Zealots/Sentries, Arcan will back me up with Marines/Marauders and everything gets melted. With the armor nerf on Roaches and also considering how easy it is to surround them, they're practically harmless.
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

Mucky wrote: I actually found a use for Zerglings in one incredibly obscure situation!

In 2v2s on Twilight Fortress, if neither of the two opposing races is Terran, I can go for a +1 melee zergling rush. I start by spending my first 100 gas on +1 melee and my second 100 gas on zergling speed. They finish at roughly the same time - about 5 minutes into the game - and then we charge in. Usually the other guys will only have Zerglings/Roaches or Zealots/Sentries, Arcan will back me up with Marines/Marauders and everything gets melted. With the armor nerf on Roaches and also considering how easy it is to surround them, they're practically harmless.
People on the PA forums like to do this a lot when pub stomping.
Falchion
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Post by Falchion »

Ok, but, we've been joking and all that, but, the point I really want to bring in is:  What would you suggest to really improve gameplay?  IMO, IDK, but in case Browder doesn't do it (which I'm sure  ::)), we can make a mod of sorts on it.  IDK.
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link