It's been a while

Moderator: Hercanic

aiurz
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

It's been a while

Post by aiurz »

I was thinking about this game some and so I decided to play a couple games vs. the computer (the new version, not 242).

Kind of want to play vs. a person now. Either 0059 or 242, I have my contact info in the player database thread.
bajadulce
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Re: It's been a while

Post by bajadulce »

I agree. Nothing beats being able to play vs. another person. Tho playing against another who's skill level is nowhere near your own can't be all that fun. I suppose the one dishing out the can of whoopass tho has more fun than getting their asswhooped :) <-- me.

Finding random ppl to play some "old worn out" game is probably pretty tuff these days. I wish I was a more active game player in general as I would definitely play a few games with you.

When all is said and done, being able to play against some kind of computer is definitely a big perk for a mod like this. I still play the newer version (with the invisible minerals - single player) now and then along with a few other of the BW classic mods. STF is definitely one of these gems and is hard to cope with the fact that BWar and especially modding slips further and further into oblivion.

last word:
I will say I am a bit discouraged to see so much dust collecting on the mod. Was looking forward to checking out some of the newer ideas. :D
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Re: It's been a while

Post by Hercanic »

AuirZ:
If you see me, I'm always up for a game.

Bajadulce:
It's been some time, huh? :durr: It's really nice to know, though, that some people still play my work once in a while. Speaking of newer ideas, I have been thinking over STF recently...

Everyone:
A bit of a tangent for this thread, but one of the random ideas I've had goes like so: Consolidating spells onto the Engineer. In other words, things like the Asher's Napalm Grenades and Ranger's Concussion Grenade. In order to use Napalm Grenades, however, you'd need a Pyrotechnic Facility. Engineers would be far less common, no longer gatherers of any sort and more like a regular mercenary. Their primary job will be to build the few structures the Humans have (Hub, Sentrygun, Refinery), Repair, and with this idea become the main spellcaster.

The basis for this idea is from feedback I received about feeling like a lot of energy goes to waste with having spells on combat units (who are generally more common than, say, dedicated spellcasters).