Page 1 of 8

Contest's Campaigns

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:48 pm
by Ricky_Honejasi
To be updated with any last minute changes on the part of authors

This thread is created for three reasons :

1) This thread also links to CC backups of the various projects so that it won't be lost as easily as last contest's campaigns over time (where you couldn't download campaigns due to external links' files expiring). However if the files aren't "ninja-editable" (see #2), they will be also added to minimize CC's bandwidth use.

2) This is also to only keep links for files that won't be "ninja-edited" (that can be more easily modified on the author's end to fix bugs and such secretly after the deadline hoping their newest versions are downloaded while avoiding penalty points in professionalism).

NOTE : After the winners are decided, we can post any alternative links back in.

3) It will probably be the thread where we will declare the winner.

Completed campaigns

Download links inside the spoilers (which were used to make it more compact).

#1 : The Will of Atai by "Krazy"/"LokiArexon" (USWest/USEast)
[spoiler]
Full (Special Edition) : http://www.filefront.com/14181179/ATAI_SpecialEdition.zip (337 megs)

CC Campaign Backup (all maps), 354 megs :
http://sc.campaigncreations.org/contest2-campaigns/ATAI_SpecialEdition.zip
[/spoiler]

#2 : StarCraft: Vile Egression by "Laconius"
[spoiler]
Default exe/map links :
http://www.filefront.com/14175801/Vile%20Egression.exe (80 megs)
http://www.filefront.com/14175813/VE-1.scx (116 megs)
http://www.filefront.com/14182017/VE-2.scx (389 megs)
http://www.filefront.com/14182121/VE-3.scx (338 megs)

Links to compressed files (700 megs instead of 950 megs or so)
http://www.filefront.com/14184177/VE-EXE-SCX1.rar
http://www.filefront.com/14184705/VE-SCX2.rar
http://www.filefront.com/14185069/VE-SCX3.rar
Uploaded by Ricky_Honejasi in considering of less fortunate for bandwidth

CC Campaign Backup (all maps and exe) - properly compressed, 700 megs :
http://sc.campaigncreations.org/contest2-campaigns/Vile_Egression.rar
[/spoiler]

#3 : StarCraft: Reuniting by "Jim_Raynor"
[spoiler]
Default map link :
http://www.filefront.com/14182335/Starcraft_Reuniting.zip
Uploaded by Ricky_Honejasi since original's source is potentially ninja-editable while minimizing use of CC's bandwidth.

CC Campaign Backup (all maps), 387 megs :
http://sc.campaigncreations.org/contest2-campaigns/Starcraft_Reuniting.zip
[/spoiler]

#4 : Echoes by "Tipereth"
[spoiler]
Default exe/map links :
EXE : http://www.sendspace.com/file/bpe1la (<1 meg)
Maps : http://www.sendspace.com/file/3bgb8g (151 megs)

CC Campaign Backup (exe and maps), 160 megs (no compression)
http://sc.campaigncreations.org/contest2-campaigns/Echoes.zip
[/spoiler]

#5 : Yells of Freedom by "omega20"
[spoiler]
Default map links :
Intro : http://www.sendspace.com/file/ohnmtf
Eps 2 Zerg : http://www.sendspace.com/file/z7jdj4
Eps 2 Protoss : http://www.sendspace.com/file/snv581

CC Campaign Backup (all maps), 26 megs :
http://sc.campaigncreations.org/contest2-campaigns/YellsofFreedom.rar
[/spoiler]

#6 : Celestial Reverie: The Sweet Science by Marco "Desler" Hernandez
[spoiler]
Default exe/map link :
http://www.filefront.com/14181949/CR-Sweet.rar
Uploaded by Ricky_Honejasi since original's source is potentially ninja-editable while minimizing use of CC's bandwidth.

CC Campaign Backup (exe and maps), 216 megs :
http://sc.campaigncreations.org/contest2-campaigns/CR-Sweet.rar
[/spoiler]

#7 : Starcraft: Aftermath by "GnaReffotsirk"
[spoiler]
Default maps link :
http://www.4shared.com/file/120739587/f6606b8c/AftermathUPD2.html

CC Campaign Backup (maps), 33 megs :
http://sc.campaigncreations.org/contest2-campaigns/AftermathUPD2.rar
[/spoiler]

#8 : Adun by "TheProgramer"
[spoiler]
Default map link :
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nuo5cnz0r2m

CC Campaign Backup (maps), 12 megs :
http://sc.campaigncreations.org/contest2-campaigns/Adun.zip
[/spoiler]

#9 : Rise From The Ashes by "Dem0nS1ayer"
[spoiler]
Default map link :
http://www.filefront.com/14182771/Rise%20From%20The%20Ashes.rar

CC Campaign Backup :
http://sc.campaigncreations.org/contest2-campaigns/Rise_From_The_Ashes.rar
[/spoiler]


#10 : StarCraft: Hands of Power by "thebrowncloud"
[spoiler]
Default map link :
http://www.filefront.com/14185249/Hands%20of%20Power.rar

CC Campaign Backup :
http://sc.campaigncreations.org/contest2-campaigns/Hands_of_Power.rar (213 megs)
[/spoiler]

Partially completed campaign (but canceled)

#11 :  The Last Cerebrate by "The Oracle"


Campaign in unknown status

#12 :  Memories of a Queen by "Falchion"
The campaign seems to be in decent progress but have no idea if it will finish either in time or late or if it will end up disqualified due to be way past the deadline.

#13 : The Rebellion by "brokindreamz"
Seems the campaign is supposedly done but the download link was taken down without any alternative link.
Partial map #1 available there : http://www.4shared.com/file/122470191/9892dde9/Defiance_of_the_Fallen.html (thanks to Krazy for the upload)


Official withdraws (open threads)
Note : Threads links are kept in case the author release the campaign past the contest's deadline

#14  : Iron Curtain by "Archangel"
#15  : And He Spoke, And I Felt His Anguish by "Sodon"

Official withdraws (closed threads)
Note : Threads links are kept in case the threads become open again (probably for after-contests updates)

#16  : God of Thunder by "Thalraxal"
#17  : Starcraft: Before The Storm by "Whiplash!" (aka "MantisScreamer")
#18  : Dreams of Eternity by "BadManners!" (aka "Legion")

Re: Contest's Campaigns

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:16 am
by Ricky_Honejasi
I was informed by Laconius on August 2nd via AIM at around 9:00 pm GMT-8 that he updated his campaign and wanted the links to be updated. However, I couldn't say any swift response nor do anything at that time since I decided to went to bed a bit earlier.

However, as I tried to check the new links (seems only 2nd and 3rd maps are changed) in his first post, filefront says the files aren't unavailable.

Thus, I am waiting for him to fix up things link/upload-wise until I really decide to do something about the links.

EDIT : Nevermind, seems Filefront just didn't like me at the very specific moment I checked things.

EDIT 2 : Now his links are modified and he did upload his newest version before the deadline (August 02, 2009, 08:51:36 PM based on his first thread post edit).

EDIT 3 : So only thing remaining is to repack and re-upload Laconius' updated campaign to the CC's backup. On a side thing, I did put up the CC backup link for Dem0nS1ayer's campaign.

Re: Contest's Campaigns

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:59 am
by Ricky_Honejasi
Seems I managed to forget a contestant : thebrowncloud with his campaign named Hands​ of Power​.

However, I am waiting before posting his campaign in this thread since I can't download his campaign (basically download page goes back to itself instead of starting the download).

Re: Contest's Campaigns

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:26 am
by Legion
Caught between playing some of these works and downloading the ones I haven't got yet, I must say that I wouldn't want to be the judges right now. This is so great. You could easily fill up a whole new successful Starcraft campaigns website with these entries, but instead CC is getting most of them for free. :p

Thanks for compiling this list, Ricky. And thank you, contestants, for giving me great new Starcraft experiences!

Re: Contest's Campaigns

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:22 am
by Ricky_Honejasi
BadManners! wrote:Thanks for compiling this list, Ricky.


You are welcome. Ironically, it took me a while to make this list to ensure I got pretty much all the links right. I guess the most painful part is having to re-update due to sudden issues that arise but it's kind of expected in all honesty.

Re: Contest's Campaigns

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:02 am
by Ricky_Honejasi
Well, we will see.

One thing is for sure, it will take a considerable while and probably lots of paper to write down my various comments, bugs found and so on.

Initially, I expected a whole week but I am not sure if it will take much longer.

One thing for sure, I don't intend to get a burnout over this. If I need to do it over 3-4 weeks, ill do that.

Re: Contest's Campaigns

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:09 am
by Legion
Ricky_Honejasi wrote:Well, we will see.

One thing is for sure, it will take a considerable while and probably lots of paper to write down my various comments, bugs found and so on.

Initially, I expected a whole week but I am not sure if it will take much longer.

One thing for sure, I don't intend to get a burnout over this. If I need to do it over 3-4 weeks, ill do that.


Wait, are you doing this ALONE?

If you want to play through all of these things without getting tired and possibly influencing your opinion, you'll need more than a week, I'd say. 3-4 would be closer but maybe not even enough. I imagine playing through them as a casual Starcraft player looking to enjoy themselves for a while is hugely different from playing through them because you have to rate them.

I think we won't be seeing much of you in the coming weeks, man. And you'll probably burn your SC CD afterwards, bury the remains under the full moon and dance on its grave. :)

Re: Contest's Campaigns

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:43 am
by Ricky_Honejasi
BadManners! wrote:

Wait, are you doing this ALONE?

If you want to play through all of these things without getting tired and possibly influencing your opinion, you'll need more than a week, I'd say. 3-4 would be closer but maybe not even enough. I imagine playing through them as a casual Starcraft player looking to enjoy themselves for a while is hugely different from playing through them because you have to rate them.

I think we won't be seeing much of you in the coming weeks, man. And you'll probably burn your SC CD afterwards, bury the remains under the full moon and dance on its grave. :)


No, I am not alone but I pretty much have to test all of them since what one tester won't catch another might.

One thing that is certain is if it takes way too long in the grand scheme of things  (or too many campaigns bore me to no end), I will start cutting corners especially for contestants that I judge that they won't even get 3rd place anyway (ex : tons of typos/bugs, many story issues and so on.)

I guess ill be honest about one thing : If I get too bored (bad story and nothing really interesting) or annoyed (way too many negative things to report related on the campaign's size) before a campaign's end, I consider the contestant as non-winner in my book and likely to put it aside in favor of testing campaign that is more likely to be a winner. All in favor to have an end eventually to the contest (especially since usually the winners tend to be more or less "obvious").

Re: Contest's Campaigns

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:42 am
by Marco
This was fun, glad I was able to enter and complete it in time.  I had fun seeing other peoples entries, playing a few of them, as well as seeing different peoples abilities shine.  I was hoping everyone would be able to complete their entries (Legion, Oracle, Archangel especially), but ultimately I'm glad to see as many entries as there were.  Speaking of Oracle, anyone speak to him?  Wondering if he just gave up early or got a significant amount completed.

I knew I had to see this through though no matter what.  If I couldn't finish this, I told myself I had no business even buying SC2.  Glad I didn't disappoint at least my expectations.  The part where I almost wavered was recording my voices just because it was so frustrating getting good quality recordings.  I spent days trying to get them sounding right, even bought (and later returned) a hand held voice recorder.  However, I was much satisfied with the final results as I finally found some optimum settings and setup in my home  to get the best sound out of my condenser mic.  The recordings in terms of sound quality  still aren't perfection, but that's something I'll work on.  I'm not really a stickler though when it comes to perfect sound quality.  As long as it's clear, there's no background noises, and it doesn't sound 'amateurish', I have no beef with minor imperfections in the recordings.  This was one of my problems back when I made SC campaigns, always trying to meet or exceed the same standards set by others, instead of focusing on my own strengths.

Seeing how much work I had to put into it, including getting a few different voice actors together, gave me realistic expectations for SC2.  It's a long hard road ahead with a ton of work.

Re: Contest's Campaigns

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:12 am
by TheProgramer
Indeed this was fun.  I have been working on my Campaign (Adun) for several years unsteadily but now I saw this I decided nah no way I'm that good, no way I will win, but then I saw after a week of it being announced no one entered.  So I entered.  Then it came in waves.  I know my hope is so little, but it was good because it forced me to finish my Campaign and I'm happy for that.  That reward is such a reward for me.  But aside from that, the contest's inherent reward, the beta reward is so appealing.  That reward is a wonderful dream reward.  I have desired to beta SC2 as much as, well as much as anyone here I suppose.  I truly desire that the best Campaign gets its just deserts.


Ricky_Honejasi wrote:I guess ill be honest about one thing : If I get too bored (bad story and nothing really interesting) or annoyed (way too many negative things to report related on the campaign's size) before a campaign's end, I consider the contestant as non-winner in my book and likely to put it aside in favor of testing campaign that is more likely to be a winner. All in favor to have an end eventually to the contest (especially since usually the winners tend to be more or less "obvious").


I sure hope mine is not in that category of "non-winner" right off the bat because of my map unoriginality.  Please I implore you to give it a chance through not of my own cerebellum came the creativity of several topographies, some are of my own hand; and the ones not still work outstandingly.  I am just worried that I will be put aside as an obvious non-winner before you've even loaded a map.

I look above at the responses and see what people say and they are concerns for others (ex. sorry about how some people didn't finish ect.) and my reply is so vain and selfish, but this is such a true concern of mine.  Well what happens happens.

Re: Contest's Campaigns

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:57 am
by Lavarinth
Though honest was Ricky's comment, I need to counter and state that I, even if it bores me to death, will continue to play through each as I do have the final say. I was looking to take my vacation time for this event, though due to the inability to take 'days off' without pay for BlizzCon, my vacation went there.

Perhaps Dread and I can judge these in person together as he will also be attending, hah!

So cheers and good luck to Ricky, Dread, and myself; and to you all who finished: Thank you.

Re: Contest's Campaigns

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:21 am
by Ricky_Honejasi
TheProgramer wrote:I sure hope mine is not in that category of "non-winner" right off the bat because of my map unoriginality.  Please I implore you to give it a chance through not of my own cerebellum came the creativity of several topographies, some are of my own hand; and the ones not still work outstandingly.  I am just worried that I will be put aside as an obvious non-winner before you've even loaded a map.

I look above at the responses and see what people say and they are concerns for others (ex. sorry about how some people didn't finish ect.) and my reply is so vain and selfish, but this is such a true concern of mine.  Well what happens happens.


I always do give a very honest chance to every campaign. I don't just open, play 30 minutes and close. Usually if I am going to give up, it's after seeing over 30-50 typos, clearly bad story, boring to hell gameplay and so on when I am at the already at the 3rd to 5th map. Basically the type of submission you know that won't win period.

Let's just say that back then, I tested some campaigns in the previous contest and such that it's ridiculously obvious that they weren't tested for 30 minutes post-production at least by the author nor a friend. The tester's absolute nightmare that I won't  torture myself to hell again.

Re: Contest's Campaigns

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:53 am
by TheProgramer
Ricky_Honejasi wrote:I always do give a very honest chance to every campaign. I don't just open, play 30 minutes and close. Usually if I am going to give up, it's after seeing over 30-50 typos, clearly bad story, boring to hell gameplay and so on when I am at the already at the 3rd to 5th map. Basically the type of submission you know that won't win period.


Comfort has just swept over me.  Ah what a nice breeze.  Thanks.

Re: Contest's Campaigns

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:54 am
by thebrowncloud
Ricky_Honejasi wrote:Seems I managed to forget a contestant : thebrowncloud with his campaign named Hands​ of Power​.

However, I am waiting before posting his campaign in this thread since I can't download his campaign (basically download page goes back to itself instead of starting the download).

New download is posted. This one works for us, so hepefully it won't have any more errors! Enjoy!

Re: Contest's Campaigns

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:33 pm
by Ricky_Honejasi
So changes for the list in question :

1) Added filefront and CC backup's compressed RARs for Laconius' StarCraft: Vile Egression in which it takes 700 megs of download instead of 900-950 megs for those less fortunate in bandwidth.

2) Added thebrowncloud 's StarCraft: Hands of Power campaign on the list. Upload on CC's FTP is still in progress.