Total days allotted all other candidates: 55 + 2 for extended deadline
Additional days past extended deadline granted to oracle: so far: 11
If the extra days are thought of as a percentage of the total contest, that comes out to: 19.3% (about 20%, or 1/5th of the entire contest).
I would also like to point out that there was an entire second contest created specifically for people who did not have the time to complete the 4-years contest.
Lavarinth wrote:Wondering why this [the JZ] contest was created? This contest is for all those who find themselves unable to have the time to create a campaign, ...
So there's at least five things that really bother me about this:
1) There was already a 2-day extension on the 4-years contest for last minute adjustments.
2) There was a separate contest created specifically for people without the time for the 4-years contest.
3) Oracle did not release *any* screenshot or any visual representation of his campaign at all before *every other entry was submitted publically*. The problems here should be abundantly evident.
4) Oracle himself did not make the announcement that his project was going to be late, instead the head judge did so for him. That is pretty much the sketchiest thing ever.
5) Judging had already started when the "late submission" announcement was made.
I'm tempted to make some joke that we should change the name to the "5-years between" contest what with the extra fifth of time given.
Personally I feel like these shenanigans are an insult to everyone who submitted in this contest. Oracle can threaten to not release the last map or not, I feel like some people are probably thinking these same things but refuse to say them because they don't want to look like a jerk. The campaign itself I still want to play, but I feel like with the "dead"line is fading faster and faster from view and becoming a joke.