StarCraft: Hands of Power -- Completed!

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Re: StarCraft: Hands of Power

Post by thebrowncloud »

Krazy wrote: Psst.  You're supposed to add a post saying "completed" and put up a link pretty soon here ;)
hehe, we know. we will finish it, don't worry. if we should have it up within a few hours. we hit some serious bugs and have been trying to fix them for a few days now, but we've almost got it cleared up. one mission was so bad that we considered canning it, but we are determined to get it all right and hand it in in all its glory, even if that means one day late (not even a full day) only a couple hours

Lav, are points for lateness taken off by the hour, day, or what? cause if it is by day, then we might as well take the rest of it to test the whole thing one more time.

If we hand it in soon, do you think we could pull the "Lav, you never formally closed the contest, so we were well within the ambiguous deadline!" card and get away with it?
Last edited by thebrowncloud on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by omega20 »

thebrowncloud wrote:
Krazy wrote: Psst.  You're supposed to add a post saying "completed" and put up a link pretty soon here ;)
hehe, we know. we will finish it, don't worry. if we should have it up within a few hours. we hit some serious bugs and have been trying to fix them for a few days now, but we've almost got it cleared up. one mission was so bad that we considered canning it, but we are determined to get it all right and hand it in in all its glory, even if that means one day late (not even a full day) only a couple hours

Lav, are points for lateness taken off by the hour, day, or what? cause if it is by day, then we might as well take the rest of it to test the whole thing one more time.

If we hand it in soon, do you think we could pull the "Lav, you never formally closed the contest, so we were well within the ambiguous deadline!" card and get away with it?
Actually, you can submit your project whenever you want. However, by submiting it late you'll get points off of professionalism. The contest ends today (I don't know when, however)
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Current deadline: August 2nd, 2009, 11:59PM, PST, GMT-8.
Hooray! At least one person on the forums sympathizes with us and our recent substantial problems!  ;D

We will be taking advantage of the new extra time to try and make it as seamless/perfect as possible! I really hope you guys enjoy it! We worked our asses off on this!
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

EDIT 2 : Okay, my bad, I didn't check the final time correctly. The project isn't late yet but technically you got about 11 hours left.

In case of being late, I presume the penality points will be -1 per day including a -1 off the start. Although ultimately, it will depend on Lavarinth.
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Tim is compressing and uploading it now! if it is indeed still 11:59 PST, like Lav said, then we have a little less than an hour. Let's hope we get it in time!
-George Bernard Shaw
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: StarCraft: Hands of Power -- Completed!

Post by Maglok »

Go go go! :P
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
omega20

Post by omega20 »

Krazy wrote: If you guys get a chance, could you use try using filefront?  I've been trying to download for like 5 minutes and I just get into an endless loop at that retarded site.  [when filefront isn't down, that is...]
Yes, please. Upload it to filefrom. It'd be greatly appreciated. ;)
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Currently trying to download the campaign however :

1) The first link leads to no file so I can't check the date as undeniable proof for this specific part.

2) I have trouble to download your campaign via the second link since when it supposedly allows me to download, it just go back to the download page rather than starting the download.

Fortunately on the second link, it shows the date/time as being only late of 40 minutes past the deadline and considering it's an upload issue, I believe Lavarinth will consider your campaign to be on time (based on the exceptions he told me in private).

EDIT : However, how annoying it is, I am requesting that you re-upload your file to yet another file server. You could try Filefront (although admittedly I had a bit of issues just now with it).
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

I just realized i forgot a little tidbit in the epilogue (although it really doesn't matter that much cause no one would have expected it). I wrote it below in the spoiler tab. Seriously, don't read it until u have played the whole campaign!
Spoiler
Welke, LaGrave, and Murphy escaped the liquidation of Hale's Commandos and their resources and are now on the run. There have been very few sitings, but they have all been as a result of Murphy's obnoxious outbursts.

No one knows for sure what they are planning, but some say they are seeking out Jim Raynor. Others say they are looking to join the Umojan Protectorate's military so they might be able to fight the Dominion as tension rises between the two powers. Still others say they are a myth; a hoax created by freedom fighter rumors.
And a little note about the campaign in general:
If you haven't read/finished reading StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga: Shadow Hunters and Twilight (especially the latter) and intend to, I would highly suggest you don't play any missions after 18, as it spoils some pretty significant information that you learn in those books. Play at your own risk!
-George Bernard Shaw
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

thebrowncloud wrote: I just realized i forgot a little tidbit in the epilogue (although it really doesn't matter that much cause no one would have expected it). I wrote it below in the spoiler tab. Seriously, don't read it until u have played the whole campaign!
Spoiler
Welke, LaGrave, and Murphy escaped the liquidation of Hale's Commandos and their resources and are now on the run. There have been very few sitings, but they have all been as a result of Murphy's obnoxious outbursts.

No one knows for sure what they are planning, but some say they are seeking out Jim Raynor. Others say they are looking to join the Umojan Protectorate's military so they might be able to fight the Dominion as tension rises between the two powers. Still others say they are a myth; a hoax created by freedom fighter rumors.
And a little note about the campaign in general:
If you haven't read/finished reading StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga: Shadow Hunters and Twilight (especially the latter) and intend to, I would highly suggest you don't play any missions after 18, as it spoils some pretty significant information that you learn in those books. Play at your own risk!
Lol, doesn't matter for me, man. I'd much rather play stuff than read about it, Downloading now... !
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Krazy wrote: Comps in mission 2 are mean :(
hehe, yeah. if u dont mobilize and regroup all ur units asap, they will definitely do some early damage to u. if that happens and u havent regrouped, the best you can hope for is the other comp to attack u and kill the first, cancelling out some of the wave. we were going with trying to portray that this rebellion is no joke and ull definitely see more of that 'feel' to it
Last edited by thebrowncloud on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-George Bernard Shaw