StarCraft: Vile Egression [Completed]

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Re: StarCraft: Vile Egression [Completed]

Post by Legion »

IskatuMesk wrote: I personally don't know of any existing campaign material for VE II, only mod material that I've seen/played.

Anyways, it's not "difficulties" that he's having. It's rather a change of state of mind.

Again, without getting into specifics, I'm still 60% sure that he's just pulling an elaborate troll on me. But if it's real then you'll never see VE II.

/e ok now I'm just bloody curious wtf is going on because this is getting comical. I'm going to wiggle my finger and see what I can find out...

/e2

Oh christ... well, uh, my findings aren't good. I think you guys are better off not thinking about VE II anymore.
your findings aren't good? does that mean laconius has left these fair parts for good or is it something worse?
Dem0nS1ayer
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

Anyone know where I can get graphics for sc2 units like immortals and stalkers? :o
Starcraft - Rise From The Ashes
index.php?topic=1678.0
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Legion wrote:
IskatuMesk wrote: I personally don't know of any existing campaign material for VE II, only mod material that I've seen/played.

Anyways, it's not "difficulties" that he's having. It's rather a change of state of mind.

Again, without getting into specifics, I'm still 60% sure that he's just pulling an elaborate troll on me. But if it's real then you'll never see VE II.

/e ok now I'm just bloody curious wtf is going on because this is getting comical. I'm going to wiggle my finger and see what I can find out...

/e2

Oh christ... well, uh, my findings aren't good. I think you guys are better off not thinking about VE II anymore.
your findings aren't good? does that mean laconius has left these fair parts for good or is it something worse?
If he wants to say something I'm sure he'll (eventually) say it, but he's in Korea right now so don't expect to hear either way for some time.

Let's just say he's had a change of heart and perspective on what he's been doing. He doesn't want any part of this any more.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

IskatuMesk wrote:
Legion wrote:

/e2

If he wants to say something I'm sure he'll (eventually) say it, but he's in Korea right now so don't expect to hear either way for some time.

Let's just say he's had a change of heart and perspective on what he's been doing. He doesn't want any part of this any more.
fair enough. although a change of heart sounds awfully serious. where are the days when starcraft used to be just a game?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Not specifically Starcraft.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Laconius is happy, and in the midst of options he has chosen to continue being happy, creation is not one of them for the time being. Do I personally believe he will be gone for good? No. But it's fair to say it may be some time. Like mentioned: This is a game. It's a form of entertainment. Humans need entertainment, and when and if he opts to select Blizzard for choice of entertainment, I'm sure he will pop his head in. I'm still conversing with him, and to my knowledge so is Isk, so if there are any updates, I'm sure we or he will inform you.

On a tangent, he has 'donated' VE (1) as a gift to CC, you will soon see it on our list of campaigns.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

He's been pretty adamant about his decision to drop everything related to mods and custom content in general. He was a highly valued contributor to my projects just as I had helped him in his own. I personally feel it's a disservice to himself to drop all of the things he's learned from myself and others when he is so good at them... but I cannot change his mind.

His loss will be hard felt for a very long time in my world.
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Krazy »

Although I'm sure Mesk and Lavarinth may know this better than me, I still think we will see him again... but not for a while for sure.  The release of VE1 I think was a convergence of several different things for him, among them the culmination of all the right elements (campaign, modding) in addition to a set timetable (remember, he was uploading in the last minutes of the last day).  I think without the combination of ALL of those things (mod, campaign, deadline) it is much harder for him to release something. 

Clearly this only means there needs to be another contest soon, that way Laconius and The Oracle can finally have their epic modding/mapping dual.  ;)
http://krazygaming.freeforums.org/
Venca
Terran Academy Dropout (Stim Pack scandal)

Post by Venca »

What about offering a duel to them?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

You don't understand: He's not looking for motivation to return. He's happy as is, not content, literally happy.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Venca

Post by Venca »

And he doesn't want to complete his job :(
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by omega20 »

Venca wrote: And he doesn't want to complete his job :(
It's not a job, rather a hobby. He may complete it if he wish, but if he doesn't feel like that anyone can force him to do so. Remember, it's just a game; there's a real life out there.
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

omega20 wrote:
Venca wrote: And he doesn't want to complete his job :(
It's not a job, rather a hobby. He may complete it if he wish, but if he doesn't feel like that anyone can force him to do so. Remember, it's just a game; there's a real life out there.
Wrong. It's a job. It's a goddamn life. And if he thinks he's getting out of it, well I've got something to say about that, and I will NEVER let him rest... never.

So begins the great crusade.

[imgwh 391x400]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1126/crusades.jpg[/imgwh]

RISE MY BROTHERS AND DRAG QUEENS, WE SHALL RIGHT THE WRONGS OF THIS WORLD!

Clearly this only means there needs to be another contest soon, that way Laconius and The Oracle can finally have their epic modding/mapping dual.
I'm sure that Oracle likes to work on his own. Unless you mean "duel".
Krazy

Post by Krazy »

Unless you mean "duel".

Indeed.
http://krazygaming.freeforums.org/
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator