Despair (title not final)

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009
Ahzz
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Despair (title not final)

Post by Ahzz »

Nick: Ahzz

Years after zeratul met Duran and realized his scheme on creating Xel'naga once again, he has desperately been searching and taking out these hybrid before they can emerge from their cells.

This campaign will focus on four years time when zeratul is traveling across the space trying to destroy these hybrids, up to the point where he meets up with Jim raynor again.
This campaign will most likely consist of about 7-15 maps, as well as some cutscene maps. It will be mostly protoss focused, but it is likely to have a few terran/zerg maps as well.

I haven't yet done all my research, so unless I can make this work properly, I will switch to another idea if that's possible?

Also, can I have one introduction map that can't really be played, that will introduce the players what this is about when zeratul first met duran? I understand if its not, because it wouldnt be within 4 years span then, and I suppose its not necessary if I do some other kind of introducing.

I will admit that I don't have absolutely everything planned, and if you guys think that I should work on it longer before posting I understand. I just didn't want someone else stealing an idea that interests me at least a bit.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Re: Despair (title not final)

Post by Legion »

Ahzz wrote: Nick: Ahzz

Years after zeratul met Duran and realized his scheme on creating Xel'naga once again, he has desperately been searching and taking out these hybrid before they can emerge from their cells.

This campaign will focus on four years time when zeratul is traveling across the space trying to destroy these hybrids, up to the point where he meets up with Jim raynor again.
This campaign will most likely consist of about 7-15 maps, as well as some cutscene maps. It will be mostly protoss focused, but it is likely to have a few terran/zerg maps as well.

I haven't yet done all my research, so unless I can make this work properly, I will switch to another idea if that's possible?

Also, can I have one introduction map that can't really be played, that will introduce the players what this is about when zeratul first met duran? I understand if its not, because it wouldnt be within 4 years span then, and I suppose its not necessary if I do some other kind of introducing.

I will admit that I don't have absolutely everything planned, and if you guys think that I should work on it longer before posting I understand. I just didn't want someone else stealing an idea that interests me at least a bit.
Lavarinth said you're allowed to use BW or SC2 lore-time if it suits your campaign.

Also, I don't think you have to worry about stealing ideas here and besides, there's only so many things you can come up with that could've happened in these four years. It's a pretty tight restriction.

It's all about production and presentation, I imagine.
Campaign Creations
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Despair (title not final)

Post by Campaign Creations »

Approved.