Memories of a Queen

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009
Falchion
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Re: Memories of a Queen

Post by Falchion »

Lavarinth wrote:
Falchion wrote: JUNE, 19th, 2009 Update:

A critical change was done:  A custom mod, in order to play the campaign, is being made.  I've managed to make room for the new introduction as well as preserve several original characters that I wanted.  Well, not exactly, I needed to cannibalize some the portraits for the resources in order to accomodate.  But since no one sees those portraits alot, I don't see why anyone will care.   :)

However, I need to make a request to CC about adding official unit graphics (The Protoss Brigand from the VotF series).  I plan to use it in the mod.  Well, do some re-coloring too.  Just need your permission.  If not allowed, I'll think on something else.
If the artwork is done by someone specific, ask for their permission personally.
He allowed it!  ;D

Oh, well, on with the work...  :) :) :)
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

Falchion

Seeking for Testers

Post by Falchion »

JUNE, 27th, 2009 Update:

The mod is officially finished.  Functioning at 100% perfection.  Now, what I need is a volunteer for testing.

Began my work on the maps.  I'd say terraining for Mission 4 is 75% complete at best.  Triggering is 15% complete (This was the warp jump, as well as some animations).  Once this is done, the rest is easy.  :)

Forgot to change date. xD
Last edited by Falchion on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Falchion

Post by Falchion »

JULY 2nd, 2009 Update:

Terrain for Mission 4 is officially finished.  Script is 68%.  Planning is 100% complete.  Moving on to triggering and finishing script and dialogue.

On personal note, I'd say this map is the largest, most complex and most funny map ever.  Also it's the one most connected to all of Starcraft's story.  However, in order to accommodate so much things, like the *SPOILERS*, or the *SPOILERS*, or even the *MORE SPOILERS* (ROFLMAO ^^), I've had to reach the locations' 255 limit and expand it using a known trigger:  Move Location.  It's also one of the hardest, since it concentrates on units.  But that's not the concern.  You must remember what trigger will move and what you want it to do.  Also included is the famous boring hard-triggering and testing.

Besides that, I can safely add that it'll overcome everything expected in CC standards.  In personal view, I don't wanna make another Meta-like map, much less divide it in two maps because of 255 location limits.  It'll remain one single map.  Period.  The Move Location will provide the means.  And I'll push it to the limit, in a same way I've pushed the mod for it.

See now the complexity of locations that'll probably be "moved" as you play through the map:
-----------------------------------------X-----------------------------------------
I would like to add as well that the complexity won't be limited to this map.  I'll go through all other maps to give an unique experience.

Also, why not let you guys play a game?  Try to guess what those things are:
Oh, and in case you wonder, the building moves, yes.
-----------------------------------------X-----------------------------------------
Comments please.  With eggs.  And bacon, lol.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Jesus christ dude. No offense, and you seriously deserve insane credit for going through the effort of making something like that work, but talk about overkill.
Falchion

Post by Falchion »

tipereth wrote: Jesus christ dude. No offense, and you seriously deserve insane credit for going through the effort of making something like that work, but talk about overkill.
You tell me.  But if I can make that map, I can make ANYTHING!!!  ;D

Dem0nS1ayer
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

I would suggest using a static grid.  Place burrowed units for a neutral player, and then center the location over each unit when you need to do something there.
Starcraft - Rise From The Ashes
index.php?topic=1678.0
Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Marco »

Nice dedication there Falchion.  Yeah, lots of locations.  Center location over unit is probably the key function for me that separates the sloppiness from the shine over my previous campaigns.  Working with the War3 editor so much gave me a deeper understanding and creative sense of how to properly execute everything without a need for sloppy half baked solutions. 

It's still marginally simple compared to what I'd be able to do in War3, but it's nice seeing just how much better I can execute maps having learned what I learned working with the War3 editor.
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/anise.mp3]Anise McConnell[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/bryce.mp3]Bryce Littlefield[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/issac.mp3]Issac Rangel[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/tyson.mp3]Tyson Reznor[/url]

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield
Falchion

Post by Falchion »

JULY 7th, 2009 Update:

Things were going slowly on Mission 4, with all the testing and fixing I had to do constantly.  I decided to give a pause and go for Mission 1.  I played with ScmDraft and I'm having alot of fun.
-----------------------------------------X----------------------------------------
I might not be Andrew Ryan, but anyways I'll ask you a question:  Is a player not entitled to his own sea platform?
New game inbound:  Queen of the Hill.  It's a little glitchy on the edges, but hey, go easy, my first time, right?

I'd say this Hydralisk is singing "Down Under".  Literally.
-----------------------------------------X----------------------------------------
Terrain for this one is finished, I'm placing units.  Then, back to Mission 4 for more boring testing.  See ya.

Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by Church »

This looks cool! I like your multi layer hills. they look cool! So does the sea platform.
omega20

Post by omega20 »

Is this project still alive? Just asking. :P
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
Falchion

Post by Falchion »

Yes it is.  Heavy scripting is complicated though.  But don't you worry, I'll release it, winning the contest or not.

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

EDIT 2 : Okay, my bad, I didn't check the final time correctly. The project isn't late yet but technically you got about 11 hours left.

In case of being late, I presume the penality points will be -1 per day including a -1 off the start. Although ultimately, it will depend on Lavarinth.
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falchion

Post by Falchion »

Ricky_Honejasi wrote: EDIT 2 : Okay, my bad, I didn't check the final time correctly. The project isn't late yet but technically you got about 11 hours left.

In case of being late, I presume the penality points will be -1 per day including a -1 off the start. Although ultimately, it will depend on Lavarinth.
And that's why I'm locking it down.  Yeah, didn't make it, but doesn't matter.  You'll still see my campaign, just... later.  :)

omega20

Post by omega20 »

Falchion wrote: And that's why I'm locking it down.  Yeah, didn't make it, but doesn't matter.  You'll still see my campaign, just... later.  :)
Sad to hear that. I really hope you finish it. Remember that I'll be here for help if you need a beta tester or advice. ;)
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]