Page 2 of 4

Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:13 pm
by Church
Did you figure out the hint?
His name tells all

Siradla
He tends to look at some things- backwards


His name tells all

backwards


And yeah, he has some big grudges.
He's one of my fav characters.

Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:22 pm
by Legion
Aldaris is dead. :p

Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:48 pm
by Church
I don't know how Protoss genealogy works, and I don't think Bliz is gonna go into any detail with it. So I made Siaradla Aldaris' son. (Yup. He is not Aldaris.) You will also find somethind else that has to to with genealogy that is quite- interestin, but I won't tell you.

Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:54 pm
by Legion
Jim_Raynor wrote:

He is the son of a noble Protoss warrior.



Didn't realize the noble warrior was Aldaris, because Aldaris wasn't really a warrior and he wasn't really noble either. Sure he was right and he might have been honest, but he would shout and insult people whenever he could. I loved this guy because he wasn't inhibited.

Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:12 pm
by Church
Krazy wrote:
BadManners! wrote:Didn't realize the noble warrior was Aldaris, because Aldaris wasn't really a warrior and he wasn't really noble either. Sure he was right and he might have been honest, but he would shout and insult people whenever he could. I loved this guy because he wasn't inhibited.


Yeah, if you want to be technical I suppose "prominent Protoss Judicator" would be a closer description.  I think the sense of 'nobility' Jim is using here more indicative of how Aldaris in Vanilla has the close ear--and serves as the mouth--of the Conclave. 


He was noble because he always fought for the Protoss to remain unchanged. He believed that the Dark Templar were not Protoss, so he refused to let them help. The same for working with Kerrigan, but that time he was actually correct. He died trying to keep the Protoss like the Protoss, not like humans with funny looking heads.

The warrior part- I'll fix that.

Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:08 pm
by thebrowncloud
Lavarinth wrote:A note, for your Zerg portion: To almost all knowledge conceivable, all Cerebrates were decimated as Kerrigan wanted pure uninterrupted control over the Broods, the only probable survivor would be the Cerebrate the player plays.

Not true, sir. Kaloth, the cerebrate that resurrected and infested Stukov, is assumed to be still alive (unless Kerrigan had him killed during the four-year period) which means he is still free game.

I like ur direction for ur campaign very much. The part that sticks out the most to me is that you are having a Hunter Killer take charge of his own forces, which i find an interesting concept. Reminds me of the Mercenaries missions that had elite zerg strains take control of their own mercenary bands and fought for money. Nice to see that concept revisited.

A note and a bit of a problem that i found in ur campaign. first, the problem: protoss generally live to an age of about 1000 (assuming they arent killed in battle) so you might want to reduce the age of you're really old guy . ;)

Second: it was actually retconned by Blizzard so that Artanis was an Executor, not a Praetor (specificlly the PC Executor from Episode III). It's unclear, however, if he became a Praetor for the duration of Brood War and sometime after, but I get the feeling that Praetor is a step down from Executor (I could be wrong but Tassadar, an Executor, seemed to have more authority than Fenix, a Praetor). It's you're call and I'm not sure what the best way of dealing with that would be, but the way you have it certainly works, considering how vague and confusing his current status is.  :-\

I look forward to playing your campaign! Best of luck!

Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:58 pm
by Church
Actually, youre right,  Praetor is lower than Executor. In my Brood War booklet, I remember reading that Artanis, being 300, was the youngest Protoss to ever become Praetor. Thanks for the tip for Yah'zar, I'll change that.

Yes, I like my Zerg part very much. Surprisingly, I haven't played Mercinaries, but it sounds fun. Ryuuthn has a very interesting role in the Protoss campaign.

Now, for the mini list of Zerg heroes:

Ryuuthn
Zerg Hunter Killer
Ryuuthn has worked for Kerrigan since she was infested. She favored him for a long time, but enventually Ryuuthn grew tired of her and began to slowly plan to leave her.

Kerrigan
Infested Terran
Kerrigan was once a great Terran , but infestation slowly took over her. Her anger slowly consumes all she hates. Enventually, Ryuuthn joins the rest of her enemies.

Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:59 pm
by Thalraxal
Jim_Raynor wrote:I used the Raz sprite. (Unluckily Mi'Shuras is a girl, and the Raz sprite has regular sair voice. A female protoss with a male voice... just imagine it with Raz voice.) I think this is a good time to reveal the protoss heroes.


If it's helpful, I know that there's a Raszagal sound set floating around somewhere on the internet.  Might've been on Infocepter.  Might be worthwhile trying to dig it up.  I think it's the same one that RCX used for Ziktofel in VotF/Black Dream/Final Destiny.

Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:18 pm
by Church
Thanks Thal, but I'm only making a mod if I can get my hands on a Stalker sprite. (and Immortal  :))

Maybe I will make it a mod, but in fact the only mods I've made are tutorial mods.  :-\

Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:37 am
by omega20
Jim_Raynor wrote:Thanks Thal, but I'm only making a mod if I can get my hands on a Stalker sprite. (and Immortal  :))


You could ask for them to Laconius, as I think he's using them in his campaign. But Aqo (from warboards.org, now Starcraft.org forums) is the creator of these, I think (please, correct me if I'm wrong).

Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:38 am
by Church
omega20 wrote:
Jim_Raynor wrote:Thanks Thal, but I'm only making a mod if I can get my hands on a Stalker sprite. (and Immortal  :))


You could ask for them to Laconius, as I think he's using them in his campaign. But Aqo (from warboards.org, now Starcraft.org forums) is the creator of these, I think (please, correct me if I'm wrong).


I have asked Laconius, in a PM. I haven't got a reply, but I'm being patient because a mod isn't necessary. I'm not sure really who made them.

Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:11 pm
by Church
Oh. Alright, I'll leave it as just a campaign then.

Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:20 pm
by Church
Krazy wrote:
Jim_Raynor wrote:Oh. Alright, I'll leave it as just a campaign then.


Yes!  Go team campaign!

No additional downloads, no downgrades, just download and launch that stuff!  YEAH!  WHOO!


Is that for real or are you just insulting me?

You have a mod. And quite a cool one at that. ;)

Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:00 pm
by Lavarinth
Jim_Raynor wrote:
Krazy wrote:
Jim_Raynor wrote:Oh. Alright, I'll leave it as just a campaign then.


Yes!  Go team campaign!

No additional downloads, no downgrades, just download and launch that stuff!  YEAH!  WHOO!


Is that for real or are you just insulting me?

You have a mod. And quite a cool one at that. ;)


I believe he was being serious.

Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:29 pm
by Symmetry
Krazy wrote:
Jim_Raynor wrote:
Krazy wrote:
Jim_Raynor wrote:Oh. Alright, I'll leave it as just a campaign then.


Yes!  Go team campaign!

No additional downloads, no downgrades, just download and launch that stuff!  YEAH!  WHOO!


Is that for real or are you just insulting me?

You have a mod. And quite a cool one at that. ;)


I don't have a mod...  Everything my campaign has is 100% compatible with the most recent version of BW.


A lot of mods can be 100% compatible with the most recent version of BW - just so long as there aren't any memory changes (generally).