Yells of Freedom (Contest version Completed)

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009
Dem0nS1ayer
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Re: Yells of Freedom

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

Verrryyy nice vid Omega.  I liked those special attacks that he used.
Starcraft - Rise From The Ashes
index.php?topic=1678.0
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by omega20 »

Dem0nS1ayer wrote: Verrryyy nice vid Omega.  I liked those special attacks that he used.
Yes, He...

He'll be the main antagonist of the campaign, so you can hope to see those special attacks (and new ones) again. ;)
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Thanks for uploading. Impressive vid. Wasn't able to read all of the transmissions, though, but I got a clear idea of what was going on.

Indeed, the attacks were really fierce!
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Laconius wrote: Hmm, a fairly entertaining video, as I must applaud your use of the antagonist's special attacks; they were refreshingly creative.  However, I found some parts of the dialogue to be a bit childish and immature.  In all honesty, I can't visualize the Protoss utilizing vocabulary such as "toilet-paper cannons" and "nannies." 

Furthermore, I noticed a VERY familiar line at the end;

UNKNOWN:
Now, old one, stand aside and maybe you'll live to see the next moonrise.

Mind if I ask where you got that specific connotation from? ^_^

Especially after your bold remark in Zero_King's thread:
omega20 wrote: Do whatever you want from you campaign, but please, DON'T STEAL anything from no one's campaign without permission of its author. A campaign thief is not well seen in the SC mapping community, I assure you.
I'd hate to think that you'd go and contradict your own moral standards. :)
He could argue that protoss use that expression a lot! :D
omega20

Post by omega20 »

Laconius wrote: Hmm, a fairly entertaining video, as I must applaud your use of the antagonist's special attacks; they were refreshingly creative.  However, I found some parts of the dialogue to be a bit childish and immature.  In all honesty, I can't visualize the Protoss utilizing vocabulary such as "toilet-paper cannons" and "nannies." 
You can't visualize a NORMAL Protoss utilizing such vocabulary. He is not a normal Protoss, precisely... ;)
BadManners! wrote:
Laconius wrote: Furthermore, I noticed a VERY familiar line at the end;

UNKNOWN:
Now, old one, stand aside and maybe you'll live to see the next moonrise.

Mind if I ask where you got that specific connotation from? ^_^

Especially after your bold remark in Zero_King's thread:
omega20 wrote: Do whatever you want from you campaign, but please, DON'T STEAL anything from no one's campaign without permission of its author. A campaign thief is not well seen in the SC mapping community, I assure you.
I'd hate to think that you'd go and contradict your own moral standards. :)
He could argue that protoss use that expression a lot! :D
Zeratul, SC Vanilla Protoss Mission 9.

ZERATUL:
Stay thy hand, Judicator. The stewards of Tassadar shall not fall while the Dark Templar live. Call off your guards and stand aside, and you may yet live to see another moonrise.

Of course, one thing is to use a very common Protoss expression (thanks a lot for this excuse, Legion! :D) and another very different thing is to steal the entire plot of a campaign. And it's an expression used by Blizzard. Blizzard allows to all map makers to use their maps, voices, plot, etc... ;)

P.S. From what I can see from your comments, a video says more than a hundred screenshots... :)
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
omega20

Post by omega20 »

Laconius wrote: Maybe they might have utilized one word of that expression; as for the entire line, I highly doubt it. =)

Furthermore, I had a chat with Meta minutes before posting this; here's what he had to say regarding this specific topic:

[16:06] Metathrom: hmm I only gave him permission to use like 1 or 2 sfx
[16:06] Metathrom: not music though D:

Now it's obvious that Meta doesn't hold any right to the specified musical scores, but nevertheless, I believe the following quote is invalidated:
omega20 wrote: P.S. Music is from Flame Knive's campaign, with Meta's permission. (Only this map! I've music of my own for the remaining maps. I just couldn't find a better music track for this one. :P)
Overall omega20, if you did indeed develop the aforementioned stanza on your own, then I apologize for my mis-accusation.  :)
So, you were talking about music. Don't apologize yourself, as it's my fault. My sincerely excuses to Meta, then. I think that I misunderstood his message. Sorry for that, seriously. However, some time ago, when I announced my first campaign, I used one of his tracks for one mission. This was what he answered me:
Meta wrote:
omega20 wrote:
Meta wrote: omg stolen sfx and music.  :'(
Sorry. With this map's end, it was the best music. However, if you want, I can change it. ;)
Nah, I'm not the author of the music anyway, but if you stick to it, give the author credit as I did in my maps, and give me credit for the sfx since most of the more elaborate sfx used in my campaigns are a result of many hours of editing.  ;)
Thinking on this, once I had finished this campaign, I thought on giving him credit for both music and sfx. Once again, tell him that if he wants I to change the music, I'll do it. I only put this one 'cause it is the one which best fit with the map.

P.S. I didn't knew you were talking about the music.. I thought you were talking about the expression!! My fault. :P
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

omega20 wrote:
Laconius wrote: Maybe they might have utilized one word of that expression; as for the entire line, I highly doubt it. =)

Furthermore, I had a chat with Meta minutes before posting this; here's what he had to say regarding this specific topic:

[16:06] Metathrom: hmm I only gave him permission to use like 1 or 2 sfx
[16:06] Metathrom: not music though D:

Now it's obvious that Meta doesn't hold any right to the specified musical scores, but nevertheless, I believe the following quote is invalidated:
omega20 wrote: P.S. Music is from Flame Knive's campaign, with Meta's permission. (Only this map! I've music of my own for the remaining maps. I just couldn't find a better music track for this one. :P)
Overall omega20, if you did indeed develop the aforementioned stanza on your own, then I apologize for my mis-accusation.  :)
So, you were talking about music. Don't apologize yourself, as it's my fault. My sincerely excuses to Meta, then. I think that I misunderstood his message. Sorry for that, seriously. However, some time ago, when I announced my first campaign, I used one of his tracks for one mission. This was what he answered me:
Meta wrote:
omega20 wrote:
Meta wrote: omg stolen sfx and music.  :'(
Sorry. With this map's end, it was the best music. However, if you want, I can change it. ;)
Nah, I'm not the author of the music anyway, but if you stick to it, give the author credit as I did in my maps, and give me credit for the sfx since most of the more elaborate sfx used in my campaigns are a result of many hours of editing.  ;)
Thinking on this, once I had finished this campaign, I thought on giving him credit for both music and sfx. Once again, tell him that if he wants I to change the music, I'll do it. I only put this one 'cause it is the one which best fit with the map.

P.S. I didn't knew you were talking about the music.. I thought you were talking about the expression!! My fault. :P

He _was_ talking about the expression, and then later about the music.
Meta
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Meta »

omega20, you asked for "permission" to use just sfx, not actual music.  :P

Although I'm not the author of any music tracks, and can't really stop anyone from using them, I'd ask - again - that you keep from using any of the music featured there. There's plenty of good music to be found nearly everywhere (games, movies, remixes, , instrumental music, ambience albums and whatnot) so you should find plenty of other suitable tracks after a while.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Everyone steals the music I use. No point in trying to stop them.
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

IskatuMesk wrote: Everyone steals the music I use. No point in trying to stop them.
so true
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
omega20

Post by omega20 »

Meta wrote: omega20, you asked for "permission" to use just sfx, not actual music.  :P

Although I'm not the author of any music tracks, and can't really stop anyone from using them, I'd ask - again - that you keep from using any of the music featured there. There's plenty of good music to be found nearly everywhere (games, movies, remixes, , instrumental music, ambience albums and whatnot) so you should find plenty of other suitable tracks after a while.
Seriously, Meta, believe me when I tell you that this is the music track that best fits with the map. And I've checked a lot of music tracks in search of the "perfect" song. Don't worry, I've no intention of using more of your music tracks (and if I want to use one you'll be the first one in knowing it) as I've an entire set of music tracks prepared to use in the campaign. I can show you some of them if you wish (but for PM). You must know that I used this track 'cause I had not other choice (and 'cause I thought I had your permission; once again, I apologize to you. That was my fault :P).
IskatuMesk wrote: Everyone steals the music I use. No point in trying to stop them.
I don't steal the music you use. :P
omega20

Post by omega20 »

UPDATE 15th June 2009

[imgwh 640x480]http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll10 ... /title.jpg[/imgwh]
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

Campaign looks interesting so far, Omega20!  I enjoyed the video, although I will agree with Laconius that "toilet paper" doesn't sound very protossish, although I'll disagree with him about the nannies, that's pretty effective insult for the Templar's guardians.

Nice loading screen!  Rather red, isn't it?  I'll definately know I loaded that right SEMPQ with that one ;D

Seeing the Blizzard Logo in red though will always remind me of Diablo.
Dem0nS1ayer

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

Yo omega, tell me how to make a loading screen. :D
Starcraft - Rise From The Ashes
index.php?topic=1678.0
omega20

Post by omega20 »

Dem0nS1ayer wrote: Yo omega, tell me how to make a loading screen. :D
You can use Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. (I used the last one). There are many options within them, with which you'll be able to make your own loading screen (however the only thing I did was to modify one of SC's images). When you're finished, remember to save it as .pcx (I think it only work with this...) ;)
Last edited by omega20 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.