The Reclamation Of Aiur - Released

(July 2nd, 2009 - July 6th, 2009) Completed: August 2nd, 2009
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Re: The Reclamation Of Aiur

Post by omega20 »

AngelSpirit wrote:
omega20 wrote:Your project looks good so far, Angel. I hope to see more from it. ;)
Just for you:
[imgwh 640x480]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9681 ... shot5j.png[/imgwh]

Terran General:
Name: Unknown
Health: 500
Armor: 4
Energy: 250
Armament: C-20 Long Range Canister Rifle
Description:  This General directs a large fleet.  His current objective is to subdue the masses of Zerg on Aiur.  In addition, this General is a renowned sniper, and is a very dangerous enemy.

C-20 Long Range Canister Rifle:
The standard C-10 Canister Rifle was never originally designed for combat purposes.  It was specifically adapted to its user, the Ghost, as could be seen with its ability to fire Lockdown rounds, and target nuclear strikes with its laser emitter.  And although the C-10 was mildly effective against infantry, its nature made it next to useless against armored vehicles and ships.
The C-20 was designed to change all of that.  It was modeled after the C-10 with many drastic changes.  Firstly, the traditional laser emitter mounted on the gun was removed and replaced with a long scope.  This scope allowed the use of the C-20 over much longer ranges.  Secondly, each bullet fired by the C-20 is filled with volatile chemicals that cause a reaction on its target, dealing massive amounts of damage.  Thirdly, the gun itself propels the bullets at a much greater velocity, allowing for better armor piercing.  The end result was a powerful rifle that decimated infantry and vehicles alike.
Thanks! I'm a happy man now. :) (I like that C-20 Rifle. Original and letal. Just what I like a weapon to be. ;))
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
AngelSpirit
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by AngelSpirit »

I have suddenly found a great surge of motivation to work on this.  I have now finished the terrain and placed all the units.  All that remains is to trigger the campaign and possibly do some voicing.
Lavarinth wrote: You top the charts. Congratulations, to the OFFICIAL FORUM IDIOT, 1N73RC3P70R.
Shameless plug: Dwarf Fortress!
Church

Post by Church »

omega20 wrote:
Jim_Raynor wrote:
AngelSpirit wrote: Yeah, I got it from Maplantis.  And I know how to change the Admiral string, just a TBL edit.   ;)
Good. Are you gonna change it? I don't really care if you do- your map will be fine without changing it.
He just said it. He's gonna change it using TBL Edit, a tool very used in SC modding. ;)
Jim_Raynor wrote: Maplantis is one of the best sites for custom graphics. ONE of. There are others.
Seriously??

[me=omega20]is really surprised on this discovery and congratulates jim_raynor[/me] :D :D :D
Do you mean are there seriously others or is Maplantis seriously good? About others... I was guessing. It cant be the only one, can it?

He just said it? You mean he said if he was changing it?
omega20

Post by omega20 »

Jim_Raynor wrote: Do you mean are there seriously others or is Maplantis seriously good? About others... I was guessing. It cant be the only one, can it?
Actually, it was you who said that, my friend. And of course it isn't the only one. Just type 'StarCraft Modding' (or something like that) on Internet and... voila!

If all those sites are seriously good is another matter, though, but it can be surprising what can you find in some of them. ;)
Jim_Raynor wrote: He just said it? You mean he said if he was changing it?
AngelSpirit wrote: Yeah, I got it from Maplantis.  And I know how to change the Admiral string, just a TBL edit.  ;)
He said he knew how to do it. It'd be kinda weird if he didn't change it if he knows how to change it. ;)
AngelSpirit wrote: I have suddenly found a great surge of motivation to work on this.  I have now finished the terrain and placed all the units.  All that remains is to trigger the campaign and possibly do some voicing.
Those're really good news. ;) Keep it up!
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
AngelSpirit

Post by AngelSpirit »

Progress continues to steamroll forward.

[imgwh 640x512]http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/117/screenshot6p.png[/imgwh]
Lavarinth wrote: You top the charts. Congratulations, to the OFFICIAL FORUM IDIOT, 1N73RC3P70R.
omega20

Post by omega20 »

A question: This campaign's name is The Reclamation of Aiur, and in the campaign description you said Zilous was gonna attempt to recover Aiur. However, from what I can see, the terrain of your map is 'ashworld' instead 'jungle world'... Do it has a special meaning or something? :)
AngelSpirit

Post by AngelSpirit »

Since Aiur was overrun completely with Zerg, I used Ash World to give it a kind of desolate effect.  I also considered doing Desert, but I find that too hard on my eyes.
l)ark_ssj9kevin
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by l)ark_ssj9kevin »

There's already a campaign of the same name. Just saying.
AngelSpirit

Post by AngelSpirit »

l)ark_ssj9kevin wrote: There's already a campaign of the same name. Just saying.
GOD DAMMIT.

Well, I'll rename it after the contest is over.
Last edited by AngelSpirit on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngelSpirit

Post by AngelSpirit »

Nearing the deadline...

[imgwh 640x480]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7310/screenshot7.png[/imgwh]
Notice the red cursor.

[imgwh 640x480]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4646 ... shot8z.png[/imgwh]
This time, notice the orange Warp Blade.
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Yeah... don't swear. :)
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
AngelSpirit

Post by AngelSpirit »

Maglok wrote: Yeah... don't swear. :)
k.  Fixed.
AngelSpirit

Post by AngelSpirit »

Released.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kem2fzgmytt

Many things that I hoped to do with this map never got around to happening.  In particular, despite my best efforts, I simply do not have the skill to do voice overs for this map.  As a result, the briefing is considerably bland.

Despite the fact that the download is labeled as vFinal,  it is actually just a beta.  I will always address any bugs found, but my main priority here is to receive feedback about the difficulty of the map.

With that out of the way, enjoy.
AngelSpirit

Re: The Reclamation Of Aiur - Released

Post by AngelSpirit »

Random update.  I fixed a few outstanding bugs and did some small edits.  Otherwise, nothing changed.

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nnxjkzjnyw5
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: The Reclamation Of Aiur - Released

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

===CRITICAL

-> YES - Has a Judicator Zilous main character
-> YES - Judicator Zilous uses an arbiter
-> YES - Judicator Zilous is a protagonist

===TEXT

-> + Correct orthograph/grammar for most of the time
-> + Informs the player correctly of the events.
-> + Some story in the briefing that ties with the official lore and some game story
-> + Minimal text formatting

===PROFESSIONAL

-> + Good thread updates (Well written information with screenshots)
-> + A few sounds in the briefing
-> + Credits to various helpers and sites (although not specific to who did what)
-> - Scenario's name conflicts with an existing campaign name on the very site of the contest. Thus the author technically should have checked and picked another name.
(Shalandar's Reclamation of Aiur : http://www.campaigncreations.org/starcraft/reclamation_of_aiur)

===TRIGGERING

-> + Triggers works mostly.
-> + Trigger comments
-> + Use of Locations and switches
-> - Too primitive complexity-wise for triggers
-> - Some odd bugs and some bugs seems to be plain neglected since they are too obvious

===MAPPING - LAYOUT

-> + The layout seems good overall.
-> + Had no trouble maneuvering the maps.

===MAPPING - BEAUTY

-> + Good overall (looks good but can look rushed and terrain might look a bit plain at times).
-> - Zero doodads (other than a few stair-type doodads)

===BROWNIE POINTS
Note : This doesn't influence directly the scores but might improve it

-> + Custom music
-> + Custom portraits
-> + Custom cursor (color change only)
-> + Custom extracted gas model (color change only)
-> + Custom new ability for Zilous (Time Pulse)
-> + Custom weapons (swaps and renames only)

===DRAWBACKS
Note : Might potentially influence negatively the campaign's scores.

-> - Too melee-based map
-> - Quite a few references to "Protoss" by Protoss characters (their own race).

Note : For the last drawback, I imply that no race would mention normally their own race. Ex : A Terran would say "We (referring to the Terran race or Terran faction) killed the Zerg." instead of "The Terran killed the Zerg".

===TEST LOG

Note : While Hyper Triggers were used, I didn't add it in the Triggering section since I don't see any real justification for them (more precisely any trigger that relies on very quick detection/re-execution)

Issue : "Unit Unplacable (Zerg Hydralisk)" error message right on scenario start.

Mod Bug : When researching Time Distortion (custom modded research), it shows "null" when hovering the mouse on the current research's icon in progress.

Mod Bug : Time Distortion research doesn't improve Zilous' Time Pulse's damage as it claims. It still does 200 damage before and after.

Issue : Looks odd in the briefing story that Zilous is all surprised about the recent events (for the time of the scenario) happening between Starcraft and Broodwar yet you are able to train Dark Templars and Corsairs (which logically they wouldn't be available yet lore-wise) in this scenario.

Bug : Mike can be rescued before the plot would allow it by manually sending a unit to his position.

Bug : Mike can be manually killed by the player before the plot involves him. Mike should be invulnerable until you rescue him manually or the plot give control of him to you.

Complain : Being able to build the Arbiter Tribunal is pointless if you can't create new arbiters.

Note : Somehow I managed to have a generic BW crash while playing the mod. Not sure of the cause other than possibly re-damaging a 0 HP mutalisk that recently emerged from an egg. Thus, I can't be sure if it was caused by BW or the mod itself.

Bug : Looks odd when the general turn blue and start attacking his "own army" (Orange) for a while (during the mini-cutscene) after you destroy the Ion Cannon.

Bug : Hero goliaths (which guards the general) stays invulnerable even when it is the time to kill the general (thus logically should become vulnerable).

Text (Briefing) : "The reclamation or Aiur?" instead of "The reclamation of Aiur?"
Text (Mission)  : "actaully" instead of "actually"
Text (Mission)  : Zilous repeats this once more :  "Very well.  Our control over this sector is nearly complete.  We-"
Text (Mission)  : "I'v" instead of "I've" (reference to "I have" shorten)
Text (Objectives) : "Mike, Zilous, and Khadiris msut survive." instead of "Mike, Zilous, and Khadiris must survive." (for the menu one after destroying the Ion Cannon)
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.