[Models(Glazes)] How do I make my custom glazes?

Comfr
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

[Models(Glazes)] How do I make my custom glazes?

Post by Comfr »

Hello everyone. I have seen others make glazes and stuff like that, but I have one big issue: the issue is that I can't import glazes from the editor to blender. I can do so just fine with regular models, just not with glazes. If anyone is able to help me, then please do. I'm interested in the prospect of team colored glazes, and haven't found any tutorials on that.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: [Models(Glazes)] How do I make my custom glazes?

Post by IskatuMesk »

Haven't messed with glazes at all yet. Maybe it can be done via XML? I avoid stuff like Blender whenever possible (especially since it doesn't even support Void m3's properly at the moment). Glazes probably reference a material like anything else which can be set to 0x04 emissive blend mode (for player color) and then you can nuke the diffuse, or set the diffuse channels to 0x1 for RGBA (and use A for player color). That's how I've been converting stuff like Protoss units to player color for Apex without butchering them using TM's max importer unless really mandatory.

/edit

For those who may be searching this thread for potential answers about Glaze, I consulted Pirate for clarification.

A glaze is not a special model. Any model with a single material can be a glaze. The glaze merely takes information from the material. The models within the Glaze m3's are merely for previewing purposes. The engine does the lifting. Thus, XML conversion and Art Tools both can be used to set up Glazes.