Slightly Meta, Plausibly Out-of-Place

Triumvirate
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Slightly Meta, Plausibly Out-of-Place

Post by Triumvirate »

Hey, none of you should know me, and it's not important to the topic, but for reference, I'm a long-time Sc/Wc player, Wc3-modder, etc. Usually have gone by "Kyrbi0", most active on Wc3C.net and The Hive Workshop; I've got a few projects I work on, and focused on archiving awexome old mods & conversions (such as Great Troll War Mod, Ominous Horizons, and (hopefully not dead) Heart of Storms).

So yeah. Sorry if this is a [Topic Title] topic, but I was hopping around the Internet avoiding life as usual, and remembered the old "campaign creations". Coming here, I see it's been revamped and, what-ho? Is still actually active! Like with posts this century. :P

No but seriously. Posts within the month is great. And with the top-several topics being about voice-acting, I wasn't sure, but it seemed like this might be just the place to go for voice-acting help/commissions. Let me know if this is out of place or whatever.

Respectfully,

Kyrbi0
Check me out at Wc3C; I'm a lot more active.

Also check out my two projects:
- ~Custom Race Project~
- ~Neutral Hero Additions~
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Slightly Meta, Plausibly Out-of-Place

Post by IskatuMesk »

There are several voice actors here, including myself. I personally don't take requests/commissions, though. But if you present a nicely completed project and enough information, you might get someone to bite. No promises, most people are usually doing their own thing these days.

Yeah, the site is alive. I'm still very active and I'm aware of several fairly major projects going on under the veil of relative silence. Lavarinth is working on updating the site/forum between work and such, too.
Triumvirate

Post by Triumvirate »

Ah excellent. Always good to see an old site going along.

Actually, I related question for you specifically, IskatuMesk... As stated, I did a lot of studying of Rommel and HoS, and I seem to recall you being an important part of his works (doing, as could be assumed, voices). I don't know if you have any contact with him still, or any idea if he's still modding/doing HoS.

Thanks again for the rapid reply.
Check me out at Wc3C; I'm a lot more active.

Also check out my two projects:
- ~Custom Race Project~
- ~Neutral Hero Additions~
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Yeah, I actually did a fair number of female voices for him back in the day (don't ask). I have talked to him in somewhat recent times, I think about half a year ago. He was definitely working on something, but I wasn't really involved with his work directly, more of an outsourcee, so unfortunately I couldn't name any specifics. He expressed he still wanted to finish HoS at the time, but had a lot of other things going on that had really held him back.

As much as I would love to see that project finally finished, I don't have much hope, personally. I think it's more likely to go the way of similar projects, where even though the creator wants to make it, it drags on to the point where it becomes sour and drifts away. But, there may be hope yet.

If the creator really wants to bring something to life, though, he can take as long as it needs.