[Resource] IskatuMesk GEC - Wave 3

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: [Resource] IskatuMesk GEC - Wave 2

Post by IskatuMesk »

Blocking is something I'd get into in another video. There's a few ways we can tackle blocking, all worth being discussed in full.

ID attacks vs players, no, I'll be avoiding them whenever possible. There may be circumstances you can get into that qualify as ID, but as far as full-to-dead, I'd try to avoid it as much as possible. As for vs monsters, it'd likely be possible to ID non-bosses with certain weapons, especially underlevelled stuff, or to set up enemies in a way that allows a decisive victory that is not necessarily an instant kill. This is something else I plan to talk about.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Continuation of the MGEC series is likely to pick up in 2013. This series sees next to zero hits but I am documenting more for my own purposes.

My only planned video for the next wave is the Introduction to Audio video, so if you'd like to see something specific, I'll consider any requests.

I have a massive non-MGEC associated developer release planned for this month.
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

IskatuMesk wrote:Continuation of the MGEC series is likely to pick up in 2013. This series sees next to zero hits but I am documenting more for my own purposes.
That's what yer get for unlisting the videos...
My only planned video for the next wave is the Introduction to Audio video, so if you'd like to see something specific, I'll consider any requests.
General approach to defining personally through sounds... Also I'd like to know the connection between audio and ambiance and atmosphere...

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

That's what the introduction to audio video is about.

/e

I threw together a super basic playlist for the currently available videos on youtube, but as youtube is youtube, I won't be managing it like I manage this thread.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

As I go through my outstanding video projects and get them over with, I've laid out my plans for Wave 3.

I plan to make Starsworn videos for continuing the combat mechanics discussion, particularly talking about various defenses and such. Then there'll be a video that talks about my progression system and the replacement ideas for quests.

There'll be the introduction to Audio video.

And potentially something else.

I haven't started on any of these yet in composition but I have some material recorded that will be useful in getting started when I am ready.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Since I am now able to record Age of Wonders 2, I'll be producing a very large two-part Loladins of Legend series for wave 3. The first part will be an extensive gameplay demo and discussion about its history, production, the universe, and future plans. The second part will talk about a conceptual Starcraft 2 project built using the Loladins of Legend universe, called Projekt Eternal Era. I'll discuss how such an enormous concept would transition to an RTS environment and what kind of gameplay I would be aiming for, how I would handle heros, map sizes, economics, and civilization-level base management.

/edit

The OBS recorded files won't encode. This part of the series dies only after I went through all the work making it.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I have decided that a wave-oriented release schedule is not going to suite my current workload. Therefore, I have released the newest Starsworn video early. This video talks about WoW, GW2, progression, and has a discussion segment with a buddy of mine.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: [Resource] IskatuMesk GEC - Wave 2-3

Post by IskatuMesk »

After an extremely long time of inactivity, the MGEC series finally sees a new, albeit relatively minor, addition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_UCmy2mHWc

This next installation of the Starsworn series demonstrates both Tera and Rift, focusing on a variety of mechanics and overall introducing what these games brought to the MMO genre, and what impact those systems had on the overblown genre. I talk about combat mechanics in Tera to an extent, introducing the concept of collision volumes and rolling/dodging. I then move on to Rift, and discuss world elements and other misc stuff.

The audio for the Tera portion of this video was very oddly out of balance, and had to be edited significantly to align it more properly.

Through demonstrating these elements, we open the path to future, more specific discussions - like how our Living World concept would work in comparison to the worlds of GW2 and Rift, and why ours would be different. Furthermore, we can see a variety of pitfalls, and a few neat ideas, along the way.

/edit

The main OP has been cleaned up. I've spoilered videos in sections to alleviate the weird load issue the forum has, and I've listed short descriptions for the three major projects often referred to in the videos.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: [Resource] IskatuMesk GEC - Wave 2-3

Post by IskatuMesk »

The first of my modeling and graphics videos is now available. You asked for it, and I finally made it when I felt prepared.

Like all future videos, this is an FTP-only release.

http://www.gameproc.com/meskstuff/LP/mgec_graphics1.mkv