New normal map tool for Photoshop

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

New normal map tool for Photoshop

Post by IskatuMesk »

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77272
What is this nDo thing?
Introducing a toolset for quickly designing normal maps without ever leaving Photoshop, nDo is a melting pot of normal creation techniques. Sculpt using your custom brushes, create volumes from selections, paths or layers, apply filters, generate complexly multifaceted normal maps from height or photographs, rotate and transform without biasing normal – nDo is designed to cover many of your normal mapping needs in a to-the-point format.
While I have not personally tried it yet (I suck at graphics and have no way to even test it anyways atm), it does look fairly promising and probably supports higher versions of photoshop than the Nvidia plugin does, which they discontinued updating like dumbasses.

I know no one here does anything because you're all lazy but here it is for posterioriety.
optimus
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Re: New normal map tool for Photoshop

Post by optimus »

IskatuMesk wrote:http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77272
What is this nDo thing?
Introducing a toolset for quickly designing normal maps without ever leaving Photoshop, nDo is a melting pot of normal creation techniques. Sculpt using your custom brushes, create volumes from selections, paths or layers, apply filters, generate complexly multifaceted normal maps from height or photographs, rotate and transform without biasing normal – nDo is designed to cover many of your normal mapping needs in a to-the-point format.
While I have not personally tried it yet (I suck at graphics and have no way to even test it anyways atm), it does look fairly promising and probably supports higher versions of photoshop than the Nvidia plugin does, which they discontinued updating like dumbasses.

I know no one here does anything because you're all lazy but here it is for posterioriety.
Very helpful link you posted very useful forum I'll registered for this one too when i have some time thanks..