[Sound] stereo mix problems

chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

[Sound] stereo mix problems

Post by chris »

right, so I wanted to rip some sounds off of a video using audacity and I noticed that no sound was being fed. I checked and saw that it was recording from my mic instead. fair enough, I set the default to stereo mix but still no sound would get recorded. I didn't know why so I decided to connect my live in to my live out and see if that would work. for some strange reason it didn't and for an even stranger reason the sound came back to stereo mix. However the volume level was abysmal. Even when I removed the cabel it was still very low despite levels being at 100

Does anyone know what I can do to solve this problem?

Edit: apparently the recording volume varies with the master volume.....it didn't use to do this....
Last edited by Lavarinth on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: [Sound] stereo mix problems

Post by Lavarinth »

Well, you can try the following:

Open up Volume Control, go to Options > Properties, check "Recording," check all options at bottom, select "Ok."

At the bottom of the window you'll notice only one is "Selected." This is where your recording software is recording from. If it's microphone, obviously it's the microphone. My computer has a "What U Hear," from Soundblaster's software, which allows me to record any audio the PC creates, not sure if yours would.

Another option, is to run a wire from your audio out into your microphone input. I used to do this almost ten years ago to convert MIDIs to WAV since MIDI2WAV required purchasing, hah.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: [Sound] stereo mix problems

Post by Maglok »

Getting the sound out of the computer then back in WILL REDUCE QUALITY.

You should realize that setting your volume control recording to stereo mix does not mean Audicity does as well. Audacity has it's own options.
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog