Loladins of LegendChangelistSIMPLE TODO -
- Turn Jordan's Pillar into healing wave. The heal AI fucks with the Bloodstone Guardians' other spells.
- Get Neodex working and do hit test checks on all new meshes. (update: Neodex partially figured out, testing)
- Give Priestess of the Stars an ability more analogous to Meteor Shower (an aoe with more radius). Check their respective damages.
- Find out why the Disco Inferno is not disco
- Add extra region cases to corners to stop dudes from running away after spells/cc etc, and add cases for ramps so minions stop going down them (particularly the right of middle).
Version Cer 02 (From Emu Cer01)Functionality
- (Emu) Imported new/updated damage engine
- (Emu) Modified damage event to reflect new system
- (Emu) Modified pathing a little
- Some minor changes to pathing regions in hopes to stop corner cutting. There are still some issues regarding the middle ramps and probably more fringe pathing cases, but at the moment I don't know how the pathing triggers work so I can't do much about it.
- A very odd blue backlight has appeared in the map pending my terrain cleanup. I believe it originated from Pheo's spectral matter doodads. Removing the lights, restarting the editor and rebuilding the lighting had no effect in removing them. They are highly disruptive. I have opted to place some torch lights in areas highly effected by them, but I fear it will make a major mess of the units everywhere...Divisions
- Division upgrades and timing changes occur every 160 seconds instead of every 200 seconds.
- A preliminary system has been cobbled together that should reduce the timer for Division resources to be granted by 10 for every Cannon Garrison in that faction's possession.
- Additional Cannon Garrisons have been placed throughout the map. Some of them are heavily guarded, some are biased to either faction. Controlling the majority of them would grant significant Division advantages over time. If you can actually kill the two dragons currently guarding the inner underworld nodes you should probably be winning anyways.
- Waves now spawn at a max of 120 seconds instead of 160.
- Waves spawn at an initial interval of 30 -> 20 and increment spawn time by 5 -> 2.
- Critical strike is being removed from anything I find it on during my travels except for DPS-specific units (for now, I'd rather give tanks bash or something).
- For preliminary revamp of divisions, I disabled both factions' air units.Cleanup
- Opting to use Rakusu for experimental tooltip setups.
- First Neodex experiment has yielded a much cleaner PvP Brazier No Smoke, which reduces particle count by over 80%, fixes most underground particles, and removes a lot of clipping issues.
- Death event cleanup (there are THREE death event triggers hidden in this mess)SOURCE
- Currently experimenting with Neodex. I overcame most import issues but not 100% confident on its support for our meshes yet.
- Re-acquired mdlvis and war3modeleditor.
- Optimizations and texture fixes for Warrier Man X, Draconisath Defender, and the Holy Hell Hope Sword need to be tested.Past Versions
Version Cer 00 (Loladincocks19 Emu'd 02) (02/14/2016)
Developer NotesPriority Graphics
- Loladins of Legend has been updated by BilltheEmu and now functions for the current version of Warcraft 3. There may be severe bugs and undiscovered issues with the map pending the changes to the damage event system (which now uses code copypasted from CFA, which was originally based on the first LoL. Fancy that.)
- The new version is called Cer and defaults to 00 for the prototype. The filename is LoladinsofLegend-Cer00.
- A soundtrack is being selected with unique tracks per faction and event-specific tracks. This will replace existing Wc3 mp3s and therefore be able to be enabled or disabled with Control+M.
- The Horusath
- Servants of Mal`Ash are now known as the Horusath, spawn of the Devilwing Dragon God, Horus, from 2042 lore. Horus himself will be a megaboss later on, as will Anubis (and potentially other members of the brood). For now, though, this will set a clear goal of what to achieve with these special units.
- Mal`Ash champions and their iterations have been appropriately renamed and many of them have been significantly reduced in strength.
> No longer possess Soul Bind
> No longer possess Mana Burn
> No longer possess Crushing Wave
> Base damage for Drakes (lowest level) 110 -> 50 (I figure they will spam storm more often so it should even out in overall aoe and make them less lethal for melee heroes).
> Strength of Mal`Ash (divine shield) is now known as Unnerving Fortitude and lasts 3 seconds instead of 15, with a shorter cooldown and lower mana cost. Removed from many lower level drakes.
> Bleeding Storm of the Star Dragon is now just known as Bleeding Storm and deals 80 -> 30 damage a tick
> Claws of the Star Dragon deals 30 -> 50 damage, has way larger radius, and lasts a lot longer.
> Dismember removed from lower level Horusath
- Altered Fog
- There is now a 6 second timer between the announcement of a Final Boss' arrival and their subsequent arrival (Lord Dread/Sir Lol).
- The frequency and length of Isador's dialogue has been adjusted for brevity.
- Howard the Junk Collector and Space Man have become confused in space-time, and now find themselves within the spawn locations of both factions rather than in the middle lane.
- The regions and spawn locations have been adjusted a bit for consistency.
- Many new ramps have been added across the map to allow easier entry into the Underworld via Lanes. Be wary when approaching enemy lanes via their ramps, some of them will be guarded. Each faction has a backdoor entrance to their Special Plase (whose function has yet to be determined). It's possible I'll just let you TP there, though.
- Several of the dragons guarding the Underworld have been removed pending a proper Creep system.
- A number of turrets have been removed from the Underworld, though probably not all of them.
- The waygates ferrying between top and bottom lane have been removed.
- Minor terrain brushwork
- Priestess of the Stars is no longer classified as Undead/Evil. This should unfuck some healing abilities.
- The Olympic Sprinter is no longer classified as Evil.
- Warrier Man X Redux
- Lila Serende
- Fix Jordan's shoulders or removeCore ConceptsNeutrals (Assholes)
Neutral Hostile minions will be referred to as Assholes, just like 2042.
Currently, Assholes spawn every so often in a rigid timed series of triggers, and generally in mid lane where they proceed to idle until attacked. Some other spawns exist, but their timers are so insanely long, and they are so strong, that they often are never seen or fought.
I will be entirely redesigning this system from the ground up to more reflect what I originally intended.
There will be three major types of Assholes -
Similar to camps in Dota or League, camps of Assholes will be in specific regions and will respawn x seconds after the camp is cleared. Camps are Tiered, with each camp containing a specific type or collection of types of enemies. Each tier has an associated series of levels, which advance as the game progresses, and each level contains different collections of mobs that will be randomly chosen for spawning. The higher tier camps will naturally be stronger than lower tier ones. Camps all have a small chance to spawn a World Boss instead of their camp. Some camps will be close enough to lanes to be dragged into combat against the lane minions if desired.
There will also be some specific boss spawn points. Particularly of note is the two large plateaus between the upper/lower and middle lanes in the corners of the middle of the map. Bosses here will advance in levels when killed. These will be the primary opponents you will desire to kill for major upgrade materials for items.
Traditionally speaking, Assholes will have strong anti-creep abilities and sustain capacity, so they'll be rather strong against your minions and summons. I've removed almost all mana burn, cc, and divine shield from the existing mobs and those abilities will continue to be exempt from their and later units' pools. However, they will still have super strong abilities, including the Rust Dragon's Rust Aura.
This brings us to the third type of Assholes - those who will spawn in random locations and hungrily wander the map searching for your hiney. These Assholes may be special mobs or just higher tiered mobs, but they'll probably be special. These are strong world bosses and will pass through lanes and the Underworld hunting for heroes.
All camps give gold to your team when cleared and all bosses give team gold. Since they'll be strong and can only be solod by strong heroes, it makes sense to co-operate as a team and receive team benefits. Other than controlling Garrisons, controlling camps, especially those close to lanes, will hopefully be a fairly integral part of the game. It should also lead to lots of hilarious multi-way battles. As it is this can't happen since most of the neutral units eviscerate you on contact or cc you forever. I'll be fixing that.
The further from lane the more powerful camps and bosses will become. Some bosses may need special conditions to be met to be summoned, or you may be able to instigate random summons through some means. e.g., a low kill game may spawn more inane events, while high kill streaks may cause camps to go berserk. There's a lot of ways I could build statistics out of player interactions and turn them into ways of making the game more silly overall.
Ultimately, the items rewarded from boss kills will still be acquirable by gold, so it won't be game deciding if you can't control the Underworld very well. However, some Garrisons will be deep in the Underworld, so leaving it to your enemies means they'll have a Division advantage over you.
- Secondary ult is a gapcloser or something similar
- Q - Explosive Rivet
Fires an arrow towards the cursor that collides with the first enemy target hit. It then attaches to that unit. Subsequent hits from Lila or allied champions will cause the arrow to explode and consume a charge. The explosion will deal X+int damage. Every X int, the arrow has another charge. Levels increase range, speed, and base damage.
- W - Dash
The caster powerslides towards the target location. She has 25/35/45/55% evasion while powersliding. Max Distance of powerslide based on agi.
- E - Twinfold Arrow
The caster has a 20/30/40/50% chance to attack twice in quick succession when performing a basic attack. The secondary attack constitutes as a standard attack and applies any orb effects or other % chances EXCEPT for Twinfold Arrow itself.
- R - Power Shot
The caster charges for 5 seconds and then fires a high-speed arrow straight into a target at high range. This functions very similarly to the existing Power Shot except the stun will be much shorter. The shot loses damage the further out of range it is. AGI increases damage.
- X - Skyfall
Fires an arrow at a target location that forms into an airborn sentry. After 2 seconds the sentry will crash down in a rain of arrows, dealing aoe damage based on the caster's int. The number of arrows spawned by the sentry is based on the caster's agility, allowing you to specialize for damage over time or burst.
- Q - Quantic Arrow
A bouncing attack similar to Sir Lol's, but loses strength with every bounce. It bounces off of heroes as well as walls, and travels a max distance based on a % of INT determined by the spell's level. The amount of bounces it can have and its damage are determined by agi.
Ricky's hero will be ported from 2042. He is a highly specialized hero that does not have any direct attack. He'll have to have some other way of making money. He is support centric, and has touch-based heals and defensive abilities.
It makes sense that the god of evil would summon a cat to be his champion in times of peril.
The Cat Wizard has above average speed, but is more frail than most casters. In return he has a plethora of strong utilitarian abilities and a fairly decent summoning ability.
- Q - Catsplosion
Summons a Cat. The cat will explode when killed, like a sapper, dealing damage proportional to the caster's int when it does so. The caster's agi will determined how many additional cats may be summoned by the cat's destruction. These also explode, but don't replicate. The cats have a melee attack that scales with level only. Levels increase scaling values. The cats have timed life, and do not explode when they unsummon.
- W - Graviton Conflux
Conjures a globe in a spot that collapses over the course of two seconds. Once collapsed, it acts as a force and sucks things into it, causing them to ignore collision and condense. The units can still attack and perform actions within the Conflux, but at a reduced rate (20,30,40,50% reduction per level). When the Conflux ends, whose determination is determined by int, the caster's agi is used as a multiplier for the force used to propel the contents outwards. Damage is dealt to the units on the conflux's destruction based on duration. Base duration of 1 second. The collapse period is reduced by int to a minimum of 1 second. The radius of the suction is also scaled on INT.
- E - Cat Shot
Hurls a cat as a linetrace skillshot. The cat collides with the first unit hit and attachs to it and then explodes, hurling out cat-shaped shrapnel. The shrapnel expands in a nova and also fucks as colliding projectiles. The projectiles deal base damage + damage based on agi. The amount of projectiles and their travel range is determined by int.
- R - Catcall
Summons a cat that descends from the heavens into a target region. When the cat hits the ground it becomes a stationary Mirror Image that mimic's the caster's spells for the next 5 seconds. The spells that are mimic'd are performed 1 second later. They attempt to target the same target the caster targetted, but if they exceed a certain range they either target a random nearby enemy or do nothing. INT reduces spawn period.
- X - Inertia
Sends out a wave of force from behind the caster to the direction of the target location. Moves enemies based on their STR. Less str = moved further. INT increases length of wave of force, AGI increases force energy. Creeps are moved an amount based on their max health, or armor, or something else. Has no effect on spell immune enemies.
This Legendary Hero was in 2042 and will be ported to the aos. An Undead dragon with extremely high damage reduction and life steal. His abilities will be tank-centric and use agi and int.
This Legendary Hero was in 2042 and will be ported to the aos. A white Naga with a polearm who has exceptional martial skill. He is Bloodstone aligned so he'll probably have Bloodstone tech built into his kit and therefore make exceptional use of int if he wants to bolster his ability over his melee dps.
Melee assassin from 2042. Although her character was ported to Apex her 2042 design can still live in this project. She will thrive on melee combat and multistrikes in some manner.
Currently, I have no idea how the Divisions are set up in LoL. I could pick apart the triggers, but as I plan to rework the Divisions anyways, I'll just leave them alone for the moment. Here I'll document what the revised Divisions will do. I need to figure out how the super unit synergies will work, as generally it is expected teams to build their divisions around their heroes. e.g. if they plan to do a lot of jungling they'll want to be able to turtle it out, but if their heroes are based on pushing they may want more supportive or damage oriented roles depending on their composition.
The new Divisions will be based off the factions from 2042. Horray for lore!
Synergies -Loladin Reserve + Knight's Guild
- Converts Knights into Warrior-Saints and summons an AdvisorInfantry Guild + Magic Guild
- Converts Longsbowmen into Arcane Archers and summons a strong caster
The Human Knight's Guild of Lome is stout and well-rounded. They provide the Loladin's primary tanks and hybrid dps. The Knight's Guild will be seen as a "safe" upgrade given their rounded abilities.
BASE - Summons 1 Squire.
MAX - 2 Cavaliers (melee hybrid dps/tank), 3 Boardsmen (primary tank)
Rank 1 - Grants Deflect to Squires.
Rank 2 - +1 Squire
Rank 3 - +1 Knight's Training
Rank 4 - +1 Knight
Rank 5 - Turns Squires into Boardsmen
Rank 6 - +2 Knight's Training
Rank 7 - +1 Knight
Rank 8 - +Magic Resist for Boardsmen
Rank 9 - +3 Knight's Training, Creep Bash for Knights + Boardsmen
Rank 10 - Turns Knights into Cavaliers, Grants Knight's Synergy.
Access to the Human's Highland Infantry divisions. Fighting for years against the Orcs, these are your Primary Physical DPS. Keep in mind they are all rather frail, and summon less units than other divisions, but their sustained DPS is second to none in the Loladin Divisions.
BASE - 1 Highland Ranger
MAX - 2 Highland Striders, 1 Longbowman
Rank 1 - Grants Critical Strike to Highlands Rangers.
Rank 2 - +1 Highlands Ranger
Rank 3 - +1 Tempered Arms
Rank 4 - +1 Longsbowman
Rank 5 - Turns Highland Rangers into Highland Striders
Rank 6 - +2 Tempered Arms, Increased range for Longsbowman
Rank 7 -