Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: AO Update Information

Postby IskatuMesk » Fri May 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Internal Version 2.4d
Pre-final...

- More aggressive crash-hunt procedures initiated. Called in a squad of dudes to help find it. It is potentially fixed but now I must make absolutely sure what I did fixed it, because I'm honestly not sure if it did or not. It seems that Duriel's script had an extremely rare possibility of crashing in the randomized sequence. If this isn't the cause of the crash then I may never find or solve it.
- Armageddon no longer constructs Mega Carriers.
- TGD is now created by the AI at the appropriate time, although they sometimes delay in creating him.
- Damnation projectiles now travel faster and turn faster. This should stop the blinding mass of spinning Damnation projectiles once and for all.
- Duriel hits harder, in a wider AoE, but attacks slower.
- TGD shouldn't spawn at 1/100 his health anymore.
- TGD primary projectile has a far larger impact radius now.
- TGD primary projectile turns significantly faster now.
- Temple of Condemnation now has 5500 health, up from 1250.
- Creep colony now has 4000 health, up from 400.
- Sunken colony now has 4 armor.
- Spore colony now has 8 armor.
- Armageddon now delays building Spore colonies.
- Spore colonies are now Artillery and have an extremely long-range and highly damaging attack with a significant cooldown. Do not allow Armageddon to build expansions, for it will build these weapons at its expansions as well as its main. They have a significant minimum radius. Expansions will build Artillery significant sooner than the main base.
- Sunken colonies are now Pillars of Flame. They rapidly attack with a moderately-damaging fireball weapon against both air and ground targets.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat May 16, 2009 4:03 am

The crash is not solved. I have serious doubts that it ever will be.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat May 16, 2009 3:06 pm

Internal version 2.5d

- Colonies are converted and functional.
- Voices for Duriel received.
- The buildspace requirements for Armageddon's buildings has been dramatically increased. Like, tripled in most cases. This will help them enlarge their base and separate their buildings, making it more aesthetically appealing and more functional.
- Syrius no longer takes 30 seconds to train.
- Creep Colony now has air pathing like the other Armageddon buildings.
- Temples of Condemnation now have 9500 health and 3 armor. This is to prevent "sniping" them and breaking the AI.
- Gatekeeper's fireball shouldn't flail around anymore.
- Rendered about 3-4 new explosion graphics for TGD. Need to figure out how to do mushroom clouds for the Tiamat.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Mon May 18, 2009 11:41 am

I have given up hopes of finding a voice actor for the Fallen Hero.

Also, there's currently a problem with TGD. He randomly "locks" commands out after killing targets. An extensive testing session yielded no results. I am starting to get seriously pissed off with this game.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue May 19, 2009 2:18 am

I think TGD is fixed now. No promises... but I think so.

Anyways, I have the finished Tiamat model, now. Though Sarge is off doing something for a while and he won't be able to make a fully animated sprite for some time, I fully plan to get this thing working in the meantime.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed May 20, 2009 4:42 pm

Internal Version 2.6

- Doom Chariots are now Red Whelps. They do not possess the twin-attack of the Doom Chariot, and they have slightly less health and armor. Armageddon will create larger numbers of these than before.
- The graphic for Eternal Peril no longer has a trail as enough of them made it impossible to see what's going on.
- Armageddon now creates more Pillars of Fire and faster.
- The Release Notes, Beastiary, and FAQ files have been created for the release package.
- Artillery do less damage.
- End-game pre-Onslaught wave timings increased to give Tier5-6 some more room to show up.

Future plans -

- Armageddon will create more units in Onslaught State; as in, their maxes will be increased.
- Add Duriel's voices.
- Add in a test rendition of the Tiamat to get used to the process that this unit will require.
- Ghost Dragon projectiles.
Last edited by IskatuMesk on Wed May 20, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

FlyingHat
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Postby FlyingHat » Wed May 20, 2009 6:16 pm

lol whelps
ImageImageImage

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:34 pm

AO's release is imminent.

Because of the extreme slowness in which certain people have taken to do certain things, the Tiamat won't be included in the release, and nor will an intro cinematic.

"Project Pancakes" was in fact an iscript expander poiuy_qwert was working on, and it was virtually complete save for a strange bug it introduced. I greatly appreciate his efforts in working on this plugin and trying to fix it, but unfortunately it has come too late to make a significant impact on AO's production, and that bug has prevented me from adding what I wanted to do with it.

Certain things did not get added that I had desired, like engine glows for the Juggernaut and Purgatory. But schizophrenia has reached a point where it has become impossible for me to work any further on this.

The crash also remains unsolved. Although Baja put significant effort into discovering a cause, neither of us could find any possible answer. As much as I'd love to chalk it up to the limit expander being unstable, I have this inkling that it's some stupid thing I overlooked elsewhere or some other problem I have yet to run into.

At this time I am doing what I can to sharpen up some stuff that was left unfinished, like the Ghost Dragon, and adding Duriel's voice that Laconius did for me a little while ago, and the Fallen Hero's voice someone else did for me as well.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Postby tipereth » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Did you ever end up messing around with my incinerate effect? Just curious is all.

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:17 pm

I didn't have any free units that could make use of it unfortunately.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Return to “The Trampletorium”