Psychoanalyzing at its best.

A collection of past threads worth keeping for the community to read.
User avatar

Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Posts: 997
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:28 am
Status: Offline

Re: Oh, god, I missed you guys.

Postby Zilla- » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Doctor Doack wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
Magic wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
AA7Dragoon wrote:
Kaoru wrote: Nestedquote is nest~ed

Did I make you gay?

Well, something sure did...

Ruaquick1?

Now there's a long, crazy story...

And now you have to tell it. Or else.
(Or else what?)
[I dunno, but it sounds good. Shut up!]

AWAKEN, QUOTE PYRAMID OF THE AGES

This is no where near the biggest quote pyramid to surface on CC.

User avatar

WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 806
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:46 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Oh, god, I missed you guys.

Postby WB » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:22 am

Zilla- wrote:
Doctor Doack wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
Magic wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
AA7Dragoon wrote:
Kaoru wrote: Nestedquote is nest~ed

Did I make you gay?

Well, something sure did...

Ruaquick1?

Now there's a long, crazy story...

And now you have to tell it. Or else.
(Or else what?)
[I dunno, but it sounds good. Shut up!]

AWAKEN, QUOTE PYRAMID OF THE AGES

This is no where near the biggest quote pyramid to surface on CC.

you got start building it at some point.
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!


Topic author
Kaoru
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Oh, god, I missed you guys.

Postby Kaoru » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:34 am

Warbringer87 wrote:
Zilla- wrote:
Doctor Doack wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
Magic wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
AA7Dragoon wrote:
Kaoru wrote: Nestedquote is nest~ed

Did I make you gay?

Well, something sure did...

Ruaquick1?

Now there's a long, crazy story...

And now you have to tell it. Or else.
(Or else what?)
[I dunno, but it sounds good. Shut up!]

AWAKEN, QUOTE PYRAMID OF THE AGES

This is no where near the biggest quote pyramid to surface on CC.

you got start building it at some point.

My ancestors did this for a living. (And until they died.) That was back in Egypt.
Fricken' Egyptians...

User avatar

WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 806
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:46 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Oh, god, I missed you guys.

Postby WB » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:01 am

Kaoru wrote:
Warbringer87 wrote:
Zilla- wrote:
Doctor Doack wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
Magic wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
AA7Dragoon wrote:
Kaoru wrote: Nestedquote is nest~ed

Did I make you gay?

Well, something sure did...

Ruaquick1?

Now there's a long, crazy story...

And now you have to tell it. Or else.
(Or else what?)
[I dunno, but it sounds good. Shut up!]

AWAKEN, QUOTE PYRAMID OF THE AGES

This is no where near the biggest quote pyramid to surface on CC.

you got start building it at some point.

My ancestors did this for a living. (And until they died.) That was back in Egypt.
Fricken' Egyptians...


this pyramid is even more a pain to read because the bottom/top border is invisible or something.
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!


Topic author
Kaoru
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Oh, god, I missed you guys.

Postby Kaoru » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:28 am

Warbringer87 wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
Warbringer87 wrote:
Zilla- wrote:
Doctor Doack wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
Magic wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
AA7Dragoon wrote:
Kaoru wrote: Nestedquote is nest~ed

Did I make you gay?

Well, something sure did...

Ruaquick1?
Now there's a long, crazy story...

And now you have to tell it. Or else.
(Or else what?)
[I dunno, but it sounds good. Shut up!]

AWAKEN, QUOTE PYRAMID OF THE AGES

This is no where near the biggest quote pyramid to surface on CC.

you got start building it at some point.

My ancestors did this for a living. (And until they died.) That was back in Egypt.
Fricken' Egyptians...

this pyramid is even more a pain to read because the bottom/top border is invisible or something.

I didn't do it, though. It's always been like this. I swear to god, I didn't break the site! Oh god! The reavers are after me!


Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Oh, god, I missed you guys.

Postby Mr. » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:21 am

Kaoru wrote:
Warbringer87 wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
Warbringer87 wrote:
Zilla- wrote:
Doctor Doack wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
Magic wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
AA7Dragoon wrote:
Kaoru wrote: Nestedquote is nest~ed

Did I make you gay?

Well, something sure did...

Ruaquick1?
Now there's a long, crazy story...

And now you have to tell it. Or else.
(Or else what?)
[I dunno, but it sounds good. Shut up!]

AWAKEN, QUOTE PYRAMID OF THE AGES

This is no where near the biggest quote pyramid to surface on CC.

you got start building it at some point.

My ancestors did this for a living. (And until they died.) That was back in Egypt.
Fricken' Egyptians...

this pyramid is even more a pain to read because the bottom/top border is invisible or something.

I didn't do it, though. It's always been like this. I swear to god, I didn't break the site! Oh god! The reavers are after me!

Gorram reavers
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth

User avatar

chris
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:09 am
Status: Offline

Re: Oh, god, I missed you guys.

Postby chris » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:12 am

Mr. wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
Warbringer87 wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
Warbringer87 wrote:
Zilla- wrote:
Doctor Doack wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
Magic wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
AA7Dragoon wrote:
Kaoru wrote: Nestedquote is nest~ed

Did I make you gay?

Well, something sure did...

Ruaquick1?
Now there's a long, crazy story...

And now you have to tell it. Or else.
(Or else what?)
[I dunno, but it sounds good. Shut up!]

AWAKEN, QUOTE PYRAMID OF THE AGES

This is no where near the biggest quote pyramid to surface on CC.

you got start building it at some point.

My ancestors did this for a living. (And until they died.) That was back in Egypt.
Fricken' Egyptians...

this pyramid is even more a pain to read because the bottom/top border is invisible or something.

I didn't do it, though. It's always been like this. I swear to god, I didn't break the site! Oh god! The reavers are after me!

Gorram reavers
I've wlays wanted to play vision of the future with those missing buttons. ah well...
Zilla- wrote:campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest

Lavarinth on podcast wrote:Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.


Topic author
Kaoru
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Oh, god, I missed you guys.

Postby Kaoru » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:50 am

chris wrote:
Mr. wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
Warbringer87 wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
Warbringer87 wrote:
Zilla- wrote:
Doctor Doack wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
Magic wrote:
Kaoru wrote:
AA7Dragoon wrote:
Kaoru wrote: Nestedquote is nest~ed

Did I make you gay?

Well, something sure did...

Ruaquick1?
Now there's a long, crazy story...

And now you have to tell it. Or else.
(Or else what?)
[I dunno, but it sounds good. Shut up!]

AWAKEN, QUOTE PYRAMID OF THE AGES

This is no where near the biggest quote pyramid to surface on CC.

you got start building it at some point.

My ancestors did this for a living. (And until they died.) That was back in Egypt.
Fricken' Egyptians...

this pyramid is even more a pain to read because the bottom/top border is invisible or something.

I didn't do it, though. It's always been like this. I swear to god, I didn't break the site! Oh god! The reavers are after me!

Gorram reavers
I've wlays wanted to play vision of the future with those missing buttons. ah well...

If you give me your E-mail address, I could send you the file. Or if a lot of people want it, I could just stick it up on Megaupload, with RCX's permission. Having added all pertinent missing buttons, adjusted the wireframes, and basically re-done everything that was done in the original added-on 2X patch, I've sort've moved on from it, but it's done. I think. I ended up calling it Vision2a instead of Vision2x, because I was using Firegraft and wanted to preserve the original EXE file. (Thusly, I had to create a new one.) I should send DoA a breadbasket or something for adding that .pat-import function.

User avatar

Magic
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:16 am
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Oh, god, I missed you guys.

Postby Magic » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:25 pm

Kaoru wrote:And now you have to tell it. Or else.
(Or else what?)
[I dunno, but it sounds good. Shut up!]

Short version: both were of opposite sexual beliefs \ persuasions (If the latter word counts, excuse me if not) and had some extremely long debates regarding them on CC. AA7 eventually changed to the other.
- Magic
"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash! Be water my friend." - BL

User avatar

Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero
Posts: 1470
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:31 pm
Location: Fort Worth
Status: Offline

Re: Oh, god, I missed you guys.

Postby Marco » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:15 pm

Magic wrote:
Kaoru wrote:And now you have to tell it. Or else.
(Or else what?)
[I dunno, but it sounds good. Shut up!]

Short version: both were of opposite sexual beliefs \ persuasions (If the latter word counts, excuse me if not) and had some extremely long debates regarding them on CC. AA7 eventually changed to the other.


I never knew it was as a result of that.  Learn something new every day.
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

Anise McConnell
Bryce Littlefield
Issac Rangel
Tyson Reznor

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield


Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Oh, god, I missed you guys.

Postby Mr. » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:57 pm

I don't really think that it was... a "result" of that.  That's a fairly accurate short version, despite the fact that "opposite sexual beliefs/persuasions" is an extremely simplified way of saying it :P
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth

User avatar

AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:09 am
Location: Washington, USA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Oh, god, I missed you guys.

Postby AA7Dragoon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:32 pm

When I was a young teenager, I was very narrow minded and didn't like Transsexuals because I thought they were lying about their gender issues.  But all that time I was hiding feelings for liking guys.  When I realized who I was and accepted myself I realized if I couldn't help being the person I was, then Ruaquick1 couldn't help herself either.  You can't change something you're born into.

Transsexuals still confuse me, but I understand how they feel now and what it's like for people to judge them.
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.

User avatar

Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero
Posts: 1470
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:31 pm
Location: Fort Worth
Status: Offline

Re: Oh, god, I missed you guys.

Postby Marco » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:39 pm

I made it a point not to get involved in that entire affair when it was going on, though I do remember several people saying some rather rude things to Ruaquick, and if memory serves, some even suggested suicide or something?  Or maybe it was him who was talking about that?  I don't know, maybe I am just remembering it wrong - I never really took interest in that whole thing.  I did however, wonder what happened to him, and I sometimes wonder if he is even still alive.  That may be overly dramatic, although he did seem to be a person who could not handle emotional burden.  The fact that we have seen, off and on, other community members come back to this forum, but never him, is probably not a good sign though.
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

Anise McConnell
Bryce Littlefield
Issac Rangel
Tyson Reznor

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield


Topic author
Kaoru
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Oh, god, I missed you guys.

Postby Kaoru » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:25 pm

I almost feel bad about being facetious about the story, now that I hear it. It sounds like the sort've thing I - and, let's face it, everyone else on the internet - has lived their life around. (Namely, drama.) Not that I have anything against that - I honestly live for drama, and I don't mean that in an acting sense.

...Mmm. I think it's actually really neat that you can look back after all of this time and talk about it so calmly, AA7. Since we're sharing, I used to be pretty darn homophobic - in a very passive way, of course, that dirty, sneaking way where you just subtly avoid contact with or support for or even conversation with anyone you suspect is of the homosexual persuasion. (This was a good ten years ago, admittedly. Right back when I started SC, in fact.)

Eventually, some good friends of mine opened my eyes to what I was doing to myself. 'Twas a very uplifting experience that I shan't waste time recounting in great detail. Suffice to say, I effectively consider myself 'bisexual' today, on here, and the jury's still out in real-life. But only 'cuz I intend to follow a career path that'd (Due to America's current social standards) prohibit a male partner. (That, and I haven't found any guys out there that I actually like. :3 On that note, jeez, when did CC's boards become personal-story hour? Not that I'm complaining... :D )

But...yeah. I'd encourage you not to get discouraged about this person - Rua, whether you call 'em he or she - just because they haven't filtered back. It's true that it's possible something's happened, but, on the other hand, I can't tell you how many friends of mine drifted away from Battle.net and never came back, only to contact me years later via some obscure service. (It pays to never change your E-mail, I guess.  :P) If what you described really happened, it's entirely possible he/she just felt so ashamed or belittled or depressed by the whole debacle that they didn't want to come back, actively, for fear of it being brought up in everyone's mind and intimately associated with them. It's possible he/she is still out there. It's even possible that he or she visits the site as a guest, and watches over things...

You're a neat lot, you know that? I don't think I've seen a single other group of forum-goers in the history of web-trawling that was so open and courteous about the issues they've had in their past. I see why so many CC maps were started and left unfinished, heh...


Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Oh, god, I missed you guys.

Postby Mr. » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:54 am

I don't know about other people on the forums, but Rua did bring up suicide herself at times.  I still specifically remember talking to her on ICQ, I think, and she told me she was going to do it, and sent me a picture of a pile of pills she had.  So I started to kinda freak out.  I'm pretty sure that the pills she had were something that would have been relatively harmless, but of course, I had no idea at the time.

And Desler, to be fair, I think that she had a pretty good amount of emotional burden, dealing with an identity thing like that, especially with how little support she had.  I think she probably got through it all okay, though, and she's probably still around somewhere.  It would be nice to hear from her, just for confirmation of that, but I don't really expect it.

Kaoru, I will say that I have also had... somewhat similar experiences in the past, and I would consider myself to be pretty much the same.  I have found one guy, in the past, who I did really like, but none since.  And that is a story that I shan't recount in great detail, either, but it has nothing to do with time. :P  That's a story the internets don't get to hear.  And no, it did not involve buttsex, any other sex, or penises in general, before someone jumps in here and suggests as much.  It's just more personal than I'd like to share.  But my point is, I like girls, but I've got nothing against guys, either :P

[/personal-story hour]
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth


Return to “Depository”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest