Diablo the Movie has been announced!

A collection of past threads worth keeping for the community to read.
Fatburger666
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Re: Diablo the Movie has been announced!

Post by Fatburger666 »

Theres even more too, http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/ ... -110.shtml. Look at all the Ladder ones.
http://up.kupatrix.com/f/65/Fatburger666%20copy.jpg

God I'm fat, just shoot me.
Meta
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Meta »

Oh yeah? Mesk check these out. Overpowered stats highlighted:

Call to Arms(5 socket weapons)
+1 To All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
+250-290% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Adds 5-30 Fire Damage
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
+2-6 To Battle Command (varies)*
+1-6 To Battle Orders (varies)*
+1-4 To Battle Cry (varies)*
Prevent Monster Heal
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Basically everyone can cast Battle Orders with this. Battle Orders from this runeword benefits from +all skills as well.

Exile(4 socket Paladin Shields)
15% Chance To Cast Level 5 Life Tap On Striking
Level 13-16 Defiance Aura When Equipped (varies)
+2 To Offensive Auras (Paladin Only)
+30% Faster Block Rate
Freezes Target
+220-260% Enhanced Defense (varies)
Replenish Life +7
+5% To Maximum Cold Resist
+5% To Maximum Fire Resist
25% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items
Repairs 1 Durability in 4 Seconds

It gives you chance to cast Life Tap = instant heal for all melee players, level 13/16 defiance = a lot more defense, and it repairs durability, so you can put it on an ethereal elite paladin shield. I've seen Exiles with more than 1.000 defense on them.

Death (5 socket axes/swords)100% Chance To Cast Level 44 Chain Lightning When You Die
25% Chance To Cast Level 18 Glacial Spike On Attack
Indestructible
+300-385% Enhanced Damage (varies)*
20% Bonus To Attack Rating
+50 To Attack Rating
Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(0.5 per Character Level) 0.5-49.5% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
+1 To Light Radius
Level 22 Blood Golem (15 Charges)
Requirements -20%

Basically BotD with crushing blow, freezing attack(Glacial Spike), deadly strike and suitable for ethereal weapons as well.

Faith (4 socket missile weapons
Level 12-15 Fanaticism Aura When Equipped (varies)
+1-2 To All Skills (varies)
+330% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
300% Bonus To Attack Rating
+75% Damage To Undead
+50 To Attack Rating Against Undead
+120 Fire Damage
All Resistances +15
10% Reanimate As: Returned
75% Extra Gold From Monsters

Basically a bow with Fanaticism, +2 skills(can get up to +5 Amazon Skills if you find a +3 skills amazon bow, high enhanced damage and 10% chance to create a skeleton from a target corpse. It also has Ignore Target Defense which means 95% chance to hit vs all non-special enemies.

Insight(4 socket polearms/staves
Level 10-17 Meditation Aura When Equipped (varies)
+35% Faster Cast Rate
+200-260% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+9 To Minimum Damage
180-250% Bonus to Attack Rating (varies)
Adds 5-30 Fire Damage
+75 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds
+1-6 To Critical Strike (varies)
+5 To All Attributes
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

This runeword is pretty cheap actually, it's easy for a beginner to get his hands on it, but check how overpowered it is. Its huge damage and meditation aura means that you'll never ever ever ever have any mana problems at all, and that your merc will survive as long as he has a bit of life steal.

Standard items just can't compete with Runewords, that's a fact. A few uniques might be able to cut it, but usually runewords are the best items in the game. It's really frustrating to play D2 as a legit player while everyone elses dupes and abuses the game engine to make uber godly chars.  :-\
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

wibod wrote:
Fatburger666 wrote: WoW is a complete waste of time, to play 15$ a month for a knockoff of everquest when you can play other games on battle.net for free is ridiculous.
WoW's more then an EQ knockoff. Before the expansion it was a really good MMO simply because of how easy it was so get into it, whereas in EQ it takes forever to get anything done. Actually WoW and EQ have very little in common.
If you call nonstop rep grinding and sitting in the same instances for months on end getting something done, yeah, I suppose you're right. Never played everquest, but I imagine it can't get much worse than what WoW's endgame was like.
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

Doctor Doack wrote:
wibod wrote:
Fatburger666 wrote: WoW is a complete waste of time, to play 15$ a month for a knockoff of everquest when you can play other games on battle.net for free is ridiculous.
WoW's more then an EQ knockoff. Before the expansion it was a really good MMO simply because of how easy it was so get into it, whereas in EQ it takes forever to get anything done. Actually WoW and EQ have very little in common.
If you call nonstop rep grinding and sitting in the same instances for months on end getting something done, yeah, I suppose you're right. Never played everquest, but I imagine it can't get much worse than what WoW's endgame was like.
I'm pretty sure everquest's end game was a lot worse then wow.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Fatburger666 wrote: It really doesn't matter to me, any game that gonna cost me $15 a month isnt worth it.
Ok, that's an opinion, it doesn't mean it sucks. I played it enjoyably before the expansion came out, and I loved playing it. I payed the 15 dollars a month because I enjoyed the game, big whoop. So you don't want to pay 15 dollars a month (1.25 hours of work for me) then deal. But don't make that simple argument say the game is stupid.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Zilla- wrote:
Xenon wrote: Ugh, I sure hope they don't mess up the Starcraft lore too.
I remember reading some of the starcraft books that came out and although I don't have any specific examples off the top of my head I remember there were inconsistencies
They can easily mess-up Starcraft. Both "Liberty's Crusade" and "Shadow of the Xel'Naga" are utter trash. In "The Queen of Blades" which is pretty much a retelling of the Zerg campaign (at least, I think it was this one) Artanis is the Nameless Executor (as in, you the player).

The only Starcraft novel worth the pages it was printed on was "Speed of Darkness", and that's because it had pretty much nothing to do with the other Starcraft characters and focused on the Marine program.

If Mike Liberty shows up in Starcraft 2, I'll be sure to make a campaign featuring his untimely demise.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Marine
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Marine »

I hope Mike Liberty doesnt show up.
Lavarinth wrote:
Fatburger666 wrote: It really doesn't matter to me, any game that gonna cost me $15 a month isnt worth it.
Ok, that's an opinion, it doesn't mean it sucks. I played it enjoyably before the expansion came out, and I loved playing it. I payed the 15 dollars a month because I enjoyed the game, big whoop. So you don't want to pay 15 dollars a month (1.25 hours of work for me) then deal. But don't make that simple argument say the game is stupid.
True, I still play WOW from time to time wel actually alot, because once you get at a higher level and you cant be killed alot easier it gets pretty addictive, but I mainly was addictited to Diablo 2 online until I was on open battle.net and EVERYthing was liek the rune hacks (100000+ armor, some runes you could summon Diablo as a reanimate instead of the normal spirit (necromancer)) then WarCraft 3 was the main point of addiction game for me.
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3600/zergsig5smallff5.png[/img]
wibod

Post by wibod »

Doctor Doack wrote:
wibod wrote:
Which is why I said before the expansion, where it wasn't always a rep grind and there was things to do other then raiding. I played mostly for the community and dicking around in PvP with guild mates, the Expansion removed that.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

wibod wrote:
Doctor Doack wrote:
wibod wrote:
Which is why I said before the expansion, where it wasn't always a rep grind and there was things to do other then raiding. I played mostly for the community and dicking around in PvP with guild mates, the Expansion removed that.
I think you're more accurately referring to the earlier patches, as rep grinding became a staple part of end-game progress once silithus was added.
Marine

Post by Marine »

I before I switched to the realm of Kilrogg I used to just have fun on the RP realms but of course id die cause I'd be like level 1 - 5 and be running through places with level 10+.
TPC
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by TPC »

I don't play WoW for the end game. I play WoW for the people to do endgame with. It's always been a social game. Something to help get out of real life every once in a while. I also happen to enjoy playing team based games which is what WoW can be. It has something to offer for everyone (almost).
Blogger - http://www.worldofmatticus.com
Columnist - http://www.wowinsider.com
Marine

Post by Marine »

I totally get what ya mean man, TPC. Its still fun for me because my guild is always active and I have fun doing stuff with them especially my friend Moedoc and Bloodrazor along with anotehr friend Titon.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

TPC wrote: I don't play WoW for the end game. I play WoW for the people to do endgame with. It's always been a social game. Something to help get out of real life every once in a while. I also happen to enjoy playing team based games which is what WoW can be. It has something to offer for everyone (almost).
Yeah. WoW was really dependent on finding a good guild to do anything with. That, however, is much harder than it sounds.
Marine

Post by Marine »

It is, most people they advertise "Our guild is cool you must join blah blah blah" and they're guild community is the shit it has no one ever on and no one awnsers to you. Its just like being in no guild.
TPC
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by TPC »

If you're an outstanding player who does everything with 110%, good guilds would come to you. I had an opportunity to join the #1 ranked guild in terms of progression, but alas with school and work, I had to rely on a slightly casual-er guild.
Blogger - http://www.worldofmatticus.com
Columnist - http://www.wowinsider.com