Newbie question: doodad orientation

HereticSoul
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Newbie question: doodad orientation

Post by HereticSoul »

I've been fiddling around with the world editor for a while, and I'm getting pretty good at arranging things. There are two things, however, that have been plaguing me, one a bit more substantial than the other.

1. (big one) There are certain doodads that I can't orient with just a ctrl + click. Examples are stone archways and, specifically, the Frozen Throne Gate. With the archways, they'll occasionally orient themselves how I want, but I can't find a way to select the orientation. Is there a trigger or anything that I can use to select what direction they face?

2. Is there some trick to making stone walls and fences out of doodads or am I just slow?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Newbie question: doodad orientation

Post by Lavarinth »

I believe you can adjust their properties to that of a unit and make it unselectable in-game to allow complete orientation of a doodad. I don't recall much to be honest.

As for a fence, you just have to tediously align doodads yourself, it's a pain. So is using vertical orientation on doodads.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Re: Newbie question: doodad orientation

Post by Xenon »

For archways, try selecting them and pressing enter to bring up the properties dialog. They'll probably be restricted to 90 degree increments, however. In order to get other angles, you'll have to mess with them in the Object Editor, but you probably won't be able to use their complicated pathing maps.